Reply To: Great Art is closer to truth than science, as is pure Source expression

/////Reply To: Great Art is closer to truth than science, as is pure Source expression
#4725 Score: 0

Derek Whitney
Participant
22 votes
@derek-whitney

Thank you Deepak for your informed and appreciated response to the question posed.

Albert Einstein once cleverly said ‘It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense and be, as if describing a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure.’

Ludwig Van Beethoven said: ‘Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be, we hear his voice, we read his lips, the vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man’s soul.’

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart said: ‘Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.’

As you have previously and I believe honourably guided Deepak, the ultimate answer is always, it seems – Love.
Therefore when I posed the question is great art closer to truth than science – it was alluding more to the ultimate truth being Love.

If we accept this as truth, then I believe, great art, as evidenced in the words and works of Rumi, Tagore, Mozart, Beethoven and co. arises and flows purely from the one Loving Source of all creation …and in doing so, one could understandably point that it must then be closer to ultimate truth, than historical human thought based science has ever been able to be.

However I do believe, you are already onto this and hence are very wisely and helpfully looking to create a ‘new science’ by merging the best of historic and current science with the deeper ‘knowings’ that have always been behind and within great poetry, philosophy, music, art, ancient wisdom traditions and all Source/Love based ‘truths’.

I do sense that the declining role of great/sensitive art/music/poetry in our culture, along with the declining individual human connection to nature as cities increase in number and size, are two key contributing factors that underpin our species being the greatest ‘self harmers’ on the planet. Art/music/poetry have always played a vital role in keeping our alignment with Source/Love.

Sadly, the more disconnected from nature/Source we are becoming – the more technical and robotic the popular music is becoming and so the cycle continues and evolves.

Thank you Deepak, you are a very welcome voice of deep guiding wisdom in a time of much distortion and distraction…..very much appreciated from here in Lennox Head, Australia and globally.

I would like to be a voice to help raise more awareness of these important things too….and am intentioning that life lived forward may provide more of an opportunity to do so.

Namaste

X