Reply To: Readers Ask: What is the Mystery of Memory?

#4815 Score: 2

Mary A Goetsch
Participant
4 votes
@mary-a-goetsch

Beautiful! It is accomplishment of infinite order to explain the hard problem of consciousness in less than 15 minutes. And, Deepak did it! The key phrase is, “the various types of memory (declarative, procedural, genetic….) are mysterious because there is not a “place” (location) for it. It is neural correlates, which exist everywhere as possibility until “chosen” or localized. In the scale of evolution, we gained procedural memory seeds for the sake of survival.” Paraphrased.
In my reading, I know of the Rupert Sheldrake experiments on the crystallization process. When inorganic material re-crystallizes, it is quicker the second and successive times. This is a type of memory, even for non-living things.
In forensic science, it is known about “false memory.” The declarative memory can and does change upon conscious re-collection of those memory seeds.
This makes wonderful sense and I love you, Deepak!
It is my guess that your theory entitled, “cosmic consciousness,” will become a mainline theory taught in schools within 20 years, the normal development time in education. How thought influences reality is the meat of it, the chapters for the students to master as knowledge.

This post has received 2 votes up.
X