Reply To: Readers Ask: What is the Mystery of Memory?

#4834 Score: 0

Lindsay Briner
17 votes
@lindzyb

Great question with a beautiful answer! Thank you Deepak and Mary!

I especially enjoyed Deepak’s seamless description of how memory is nonlocal and we can free ourselves of karma by becoming more self-aware of patterns stored in our memory. I once heard him speak on a similar topic, the law of karma, also known as the law of cause and effect. He described that we can wake up from unconscious / toxic choices and behaviors that we are suck in by cultivating an ability to observe them, and make note. Then, when the pattern rises again, we can pause and ask -is this choice really serving me? It is that moment when we are self-aware of the freedom to choose, a cultivation of responsibility, that offers an opportunity to transmute the pattern for healing. This process accelerates when we meditate often, and then we are able to transcend these patterns and re-create a new story. This is when we begin to live in Dharma, rather than karma.

I think the key here is self-awareness. When we become more and more self-aware, evolution occurs faster because we can transcend karma faster. Which is why meditation is crucial!

X