Reply To: All of Science is a Metaphor- Interview with ILFscience

#4983 Score: 0

Lindsay Briner
17 votes
@lindzyb

Deepak, thank you again for this great discussion on how reality in constructed is consciousness. It is as if we are fish in the ocean attempting to describe the entire body of water we swim in. Yet, the terms we come up with to describe the experience of swimming, intrinsically removes us from the true sensation itself. I love your comment on how nature will only reveal herself based on the questions we ask, such as the scientific method is formulated on research questions. I feel your YATU book will be a leading inspiration to help scientists flip the script of the questions we are asking so that we, as a society, may begin to adopt the systems of thought that in actuality bring us away from thought itself, and deeper into the sensations of beings and deeper into nature itself, more truthfully. Thank you! This discussion reminded me of an interesting quote by the infamous Erwin Schrödinger,

“Science is a game—but a game with reality, a game with sharpened knives … If a man cuts a picture carefully into 1000 pieces, you solve the puzzle when you reassemble the pieces into a picture; in the success or failure, both your intelligences compete. In the presentation of a scientific problem, the other player is the good Lord. He has not only set the problem but also has devised the rules of the game? But they are not completely known, half of them are left for you to discover or to deduce. The experiment is the tempered blade which you wield with success against the spirits of darkness—or which defeats you shamefully. The uncertainty is how many of the rules God himself has permanently ordained, and how many apparently are caused by your own mental inertia, while the solution generally becomes possible only through freedom from its limitations.”

Much Love,
Lindsay

X