Reply To: Authors Ask: Can Randomness Explain the Fine-Tuning of the Universe?

////Reply To: Authors Ask: Can Randomness Explain the Fine-Tuning of the Universe?
#5021 Score: 0

Tom
Participant
9 votes
@tom

I suppose there is no way to know except within oneself whether the “shift” has taken place, or is real or illusory. Perhaps the degree of suffering one experiences is a good indicator.

Another experience that I believe can trigger the shift is simply looking up at the night sky and realizing that the “construct” of inside/outside simply does not apply. There is no knowable outside and that recognition — to me — can create a shift toward a view beyond scientific materialism – since the mind – or source of such a construct – is unable to prove an “explanation.”

I triggers an ineffable feeling of profound awe for what is rather than what is imagined.

That is how I feel about the DNA – software conundrum. This “construct” in consciousness is again a nonresponsive explanation unless one goes beyond a cause/effect construct and attributes consciousness to reality as opposed to a fictitious self.

That is how it landed for me and it has been profound. If it doesn’t work for others, so be it.

X