Reply To: Authors Ask: Do Thoughts Influence Reality?

////Reply To: Authors Ask: Do Thoughts Influence Reality?
#6496 Score: 0

JenniferL
Participant
89 votes
@jenniferl

Dear @ziewatt @angoorab @celia @lilianna-deveneau and to Everyone (sorry if I didn’t include your name and you’re part of this discussion!),

Ziewatt you said eloquently, “It seems hard at times to move on from our conditioning and this is part of why thoughts continue to come up that are old and of no use.” You go on to ask some great questions about overcoming the conditioned mind. Thank you for your insights! I have found this to be true, too. I also watched DC’s video and thought of our discussion on this thread, while he talked on this topic.

The way I look at it so far, is that our conditioned mind is still a form or vessel to our higher awareness. Detachment is one step to overcoming this, and I see in my experience so far, that there’s the next step. It has to do with what the Yoga Sutra’s of Patanjali (at least the version I read (present tense) by Alice Bailey) calls “overcoming the hindrances.” The hindrances include any thought which limits, separates, or causes harm in any way – to you or any circumstance. An example of a limiting thought is, “I’m not able to overcome my conditioned mind.” This thought blocks or stops the process because it causes a limitation, simply by saying “I can’t.”

It may be closer to the truth to tell oneself, “I will study spirituality in order to overcome the limitations of my conditioned mind.” This thought is more forward moving, solution oriented, and is also the opposite thought of the first conditioned one by saying, “yes, I can”. These subtle changes in our thoughts, by applying what the Sutra’s call the “opposing thought” subtly helps to raise the vibration and overcome the limited awareness of the conditioned mind. Essentially, reorienting the form, vessel, or thought process. This continues the flow of energies from above to below unimpeded. In other words, this allows more light in.

It’s been my experience so far, that the lesson repeats until we’ve demonstrated mastery over it. Simply, when thoughts come up again, apply the same rule of the opposing thought. We can remember to ask ourselves whenever we’re caught up in our thinking, “what’s the opposite of this thought?” When we continue to apply the opposing thought, we eventually graduate to the next step. In other words, from my experience so far, it does get easier. And of course, there’s more. This is a simple example of one approach to overcoming the conditioned mind that I’ve found useful in my meditation practice.

Still following along with the discussion! I very much appreciate all who contribute and put their energies into it!
Love,
JenniferL

X