Reply To: Readers Ask: Is the Universe Made out of What We Want?

#7133 Score: 0

lilianna.deveneau
Participant
19 votes
@lilianna-deveneau

Thank you, @deepakchopra, for another insightful video! I love your terms “intersubjective human experience” and “overcoming the superstition of matter!” The observer problem has always seemed an obvious “elephant in the room” that many choose to either ignore, dismiss, or take for granted, as you speak of within this response. This is one reason I was pulled from the “hard sciences” of biology and chemistry into the “social sciences,” where one can be a researcher/observer and discuss how one’s subjectivity ultimately influences the data (if not the studied event in itself, as Planck discusses!). That is why I am so excited about the call you and @menask make regarding the need to usher in qualia science, for no matter how “objective” a researcher may be, ultimately the split breaks down until we see separation for its illusion. I’m thrilled to see how this concept will manifest in our beautiful world as we continue to explore and comprehend consciousness! Thank you both for such prolific, fascinating discussions!!

Light and love,
Lili

X