Reply To: Authors Ask: Do We Live in a Participatory Universe?

////Reply To: Authors Ask: Do We Live in a Participatory Universe?
#7265 Score: 0

JenniferL
Participant
89 votes
@jenniferl

I’m reminded of the book, The Giver, by Lois Lowry, where precision of language was of paramount importance for the exact meaning to a utopian society. But, after reading this book (and watching the movie) with my kids I began to think, what is the purpose of words?

I did a reading this morning in the Book of Secrets, which I think addresses the topic we’re discussing. I’ll share a small section of the passage I read: Book of secrets: 147-149.

We can choose to focus our attention, and wherever that focus goes, a new reality opens up. Even though they disagreed with each other, both these people were trying to solve the same problem, which is how to be spiritual despite the demands of materialism. And the answers they found are both viable, without either one being the answer (148).

What this means to me so far…is that the conversation may be more clearly represented when we consider what words can do to loosen the binding chains within one, so that we may see oneself more clearly – like the blossoming lotus flowers @sree shared with us in a previous post somewhere on this vast forum. Rather than defining this or that as right or wrong, how does it move the current of energies within you? Has the conversation freed you in any way to a new realization of the Self, as you see it for yourself? If it hasn’t, what happened?

The beauty rises within you! The beauty is you! So much love to you all, so beautiful!!

Love,
JenniferL

X