Reply To: Waking up. Am I to expect a lonely journey?

#7372 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
Keymaster
110 votes
@aurorac

Dear @marc , first I just want to make sure that both you and everyone reading knows that you can send questions to Deepak by emailing info (at)jiyo (dot)com

What you describe is something many have been through when advancing on the spiritual path. As you stop identifying with certain structures, you are no longer sharing the same basis for togetherness. People are most often together based on what they see as their “tribe”.

So as you no longer belong to any particular tribe… what are you to do? Wander alone?

The answer will become obvious to you as you start researching your new identity, based in being. Alone is one thing, while being the One is another thing. As you yourself no longer relate based to thought structures, but have moved deeper to existence itself, you will discover that existence (being) is the common ground of everyone and everything. So we could say that you have now discovered that you yourself exists deeper than thoughts, but in time, you will notice that everyone exists there too. So everyone IS the same existence, the same being, the very same consciousness appearing as many.

Right now you feel as an individual with a lot more depth… slowly you will see that all individuals are nothing other than that depth itself 🙂 Not easy to use words to explain this, it has to be an experience.

I’ll try to put it another way: you meet a girl you like. Earlier on your path, you would have connected with her on the physical and mental level. For connection to feel right there had to be certain physical conditions and also mental conditions. Now you notice that most people have mental structures that differ from yours, as yours are more and more “diffuse” and unimportant. Well… the next step is to realize that you can connect deeper than the physical-mental level. You can connect on the level of existence, of consciousness itself.

The girl you like will no longer be within your liking range because of the right physical and mental conditions, but there will be a recognition of a togetherness beyond that. She might not at all be aware of that togetherness, or she might be (if you’re lucky)… but the thing is that it doesn’t matter. What matters is your capacity to connect at that depth. We could call that depth love, and I mean that love which remains love regardless of physical and mental structures. She could be or become “imperfect” physically, she could have or aquire “imperfect” mental structures… but if you have connected at the deeper level of being or love, you will simply love 🙂

Eventually you will notice that you love simply because that’s what your identity is. You will also notice that what you are (pure consciousness or love) is creative, so all you need is the intention for friends or a partner who can share the journey with you to show up- and they will.

In general, I think you need to reinterpret your view on the purpose of relationships… they are not means to ward off loneliness, but help on the path to discovering that there are not many, but one.

I hope this helps 🙂 You are on an exciting journey!

X