As in the Atom, So in the Universe; Is Consciousness-in-Us Giving Up on Humanity

////As in the Atom, So in the Universe; Is Consciousness-in-Us Giving Up on Humanity

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Deepak Chopra 4 years ago.

• Author

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

@question @aurorac
    Dear Deepak and Menas,
    I am reading this chapter about design (pattern, form, or whatever you want to call it) with interest. As a student steeped in the work, invention, design, and thinking of Leonardo da Vinci, the maestro’s Vitruvian man was indeed a clue to find perfection in Nature through the human body–his squaring the circle around the Universal Man was a brilliant solution that sages from the time of Vitruvius had failed to find. Thus, geometry becomes “sacred geometry,” connecting Man to the Eternal. Similarly, the harmonia mundi, Kepler’s euphoric declaration that the “angels sing” through the harmonies of the world (and the world’s harmonies) on discovering planetary motion. As you suggest, ultimately, the search for perfection and beauty is not just the domain of poets and painters, but of science and sages, citizens and saints. It seems like it is a yearning of humankind to find what is God-like in us and our world.

But we, as a world, are so out-of-harmony with the music of the angels, or the better angels of our nature. At the behavioral level, I am curious to know whether you think humans also seek to emulate, or act out the instructions, of God/Consciousness/Oneness/Ein Sof? As modulations of Consciousness in human form, we act out impulses based on our conditioning and programming–or what Deepak calls karma. Before conditioning, before time, before we are the descendants of ancestors who have experienced trauma, war, displacement and also beauty, love, pleasure, don’t some of these instructions derive from Universal Consciousness itself? Have these patterns in homo sapiens sapiens been overwritten or hacked through eons of evolution so they no longer reflect our cosmic origins? And are we so disconnected from the original programming–our divinity–that we are sowing the seeds for our own destruction?

I think of the biblical story of Noah and the flood. God was so upset with the “sins” of humanity (from the Greek, “erring, or missing the mark”), that he wanted to wipe out the program (i.e., humankind) and start over with one uncorrupted file (i.e., Noah and his family, and pairs of the animals)? When the floods stopped, the rainbow became the symbol of a new world born without sin, able to try out God’s experiment in finding God’s divinity in the rainbow of beings manifest on Earth (and everywhere?)

That was good for a time, but it wasn’t long before new weaknesses in the program became active.

A modern version of the Noah parable might indicate that we have so missed the mark of humanity’s purpose to find beauty, harmony, love, empathy, and all the other Platonic ideals, that we are sowing the seeds of our own destruction through war, intolerance, hatred and anger. And indeed, Man has innovated technologies that we are using against ourselves–from the splitting of the atom, through terrorism, cyber warfare, chemical weapons and even, on the horizon, gene manipulation.

And now, again, it would seem that man’s inhumanity that has won out.

This seems like such a pessimistic view of how we are currently playing out our programming in our world, and I am not a pessimist. But I can’t help but see the patterns of destruction that are at the fore of our world right now. It seems to me that we are at a juncture where we can either somehow engineer in ourselves an enormous evolutionary leap forward, or destroy humanity in hopes that Human 2.0 or some other next-generation form may arise in harmonia mundi to advance our place in Oneness with All That Is.

Maybe the growing consciousness that we are the Universe is enough, fast enough, viral enough a message that we can save our place here. I can see that the time is now for such an evolution in consciousness. And if there are enough of us here and in the nonlocal universe who understand that we have agency (I almost miss-typed “angelcy”), can we make that leap together?

• #6832 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear @robin , thank you for your question! I have answered in Readers Ask: Can We Become Meta Humans Fast Enough?

Love,
    Deepak

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X