Authors Ask: Do Thoughts Influence Reality?

///Authors Ask: Do Thoughts Influence Reality?

This topic contains 185 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Aurora Carlson 4 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Authors Ask

Dear readers of You Are the Universe,

As you might know, we, the authors, have a question for you for every chapter of the book. We hope you will answer the following question after you have read Overview: The Dawn of a Human Universe:

In the Overview we wrote that our stream of everyday thoughts might be influencing reality “out there”. What is your view on this idea? Do you have any examples of such instances from your own life?

Love,
    Deepak and Menas

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #4812 Score: 2

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

In the book, Third Jesus, by Deepak Chopra M.D., he writes, “The richness of prayer is twofold, then. It opens you up to a universe that lives and breathes, a universe that can actually respond to the slightest thought. More important, prayers shows you that an intimate connection with God not only is possible, but is the most natural way to live. All fulfillment is from within, because every event begins and ends at the level of the soul (149).

It’s to this…
    We know prayer works
    In our hearts, minds, and blessed souls.

What we ask for is what’s returned to us.
    Every thought, emotion, and action is a prayer
    Asking for response or reaction
    Reflected in the Universe.

To do the work of spiritual unfoldment
    And speed things along
    We want to be pure in intentions
    Wanting for everyone
    what we ask for ourselves.

Namaste,
    Jennifer Lasell

This post has received 2 votes up.
    • #4878 Score: 2

perfectionsong
      Participant
      2 votes
      @perfectionsong

Ok I am going to say that in one sense thoughts create realty butin another our thoughts are created bY our consciousness identification. My self voice or higher consciousness always tells me that our thoughts are always controlled by our consciousness identification. The really neat thing is I don’t have to tell you my experiences because if you wonder you get them…that is the law. Try matter consciousness for example in fun beauty and love. Or try focusing on any of each other’s one sided experiences beyond the yin and yang consciousness that is a great level of onenes. Everyone can only be your teacher…your teacher only…that is if you believe you are a student….my problem is …is there really a student…or am I that …you know the one beyond the teacher…perfect love.

• #4880 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hi Perfectionsong!

I really like what you are saying. Thoughts create reality, but they also come from consciousness being identified with this or that object or thought system.
      But I would not say that our thoughts are controlled by our identification with an object. I would say that they are filtered through that identification. The control remains with consciousness itself (what you so beautifully call “my self voice”), but consciousness is not free to shift to other thoughts unless it becomes aware of its stuckness, of its conditioned point of view. Wisdom traditions call this “bondage” and they see freedom as the awakening of consciousness to its own status as creator and if you’d like, controller of all thoughts.

I understand what you call your “problem”. If consciousness, in its pure state, is behind all roles, then what reality have the roles of teacher and student? And who are you, who is every “I”? I guess it is about taking the next step out of limitation, don’t you think? Are you comfortable in the role of student? Could it be so that in reality, you are more?

• #5477 Score: 1

Elena
      Participant
      6 votes
      @elena

In the Overview we wrote that our stream of everyday thoughts might be influencing reality “out there”. What is your view on this idea? Do you have any examples of such instances from your own life?

Our every day thoughts are a result of social,educational, religious conditioning. This conditioning is veiling our true nature and how we see the world and ourselves.

• #6618 Score: 1

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

I know that thoughts absolutely influence reality! I have been working in the Mental Health field for over 24 years (probably 25 now) and have worked with hundreds of people helping them with this area. I know personally that what you put out there is what comes back. The higher that we vibrate, the faster things manifest. I do Energy Healing work with animals and people (Reiki, EFT, TFT, crystals, chakra work and other things) and intention is what matters, not technique. I am still working on accepting and staying present. I tend to be on many levels at one time and know that thought energy is heard and responded to. Prayer works, even when the one prayed for does not believe. I have seen many instances of answers and messages shortly after I ask for guidance.

Susan

• #4817 Score: 4

Lindsay Briner
    17 votes
    @lindzyb

Hi Jennifer,

Beautiful comment and quote from Deepak’s Third Jesus.

In You Are The Universe, I feel that the chapter, Is the Quantum World Linked to Everyday Life? The authors state, “…a thought, like a quantum, has no properties before it pops into existence. There’s no mystery to this if we honor Einstein’s warning that we shouldn’t play games with reality. What physicists called quantum interdeterminacy stands for the fact that quanta can’t be known until the very moment of measurement. The same is true of thoughts, words, human behavior, and the evening news… We project ourselves into everything we experience, not just by observing but by participating in the reality that emerges.”

I think you’re comment in bringing up the concept of prayer is very relevant here. If we are the universe, and we pray to the universe — it becomes a means of being in communion and in communication with the knowing that we are connected to everything, and nothing. Such as, a humble recognition that the nature of reality is more powerful than we know, and at the same time, the recognition that we have the power to influence our reality with intentions, “ask and you shall receive.” With prayer, or intentions, if our will power is strong, our behaviors align with them. This combined with an inner compass of intuition, we can truly create our destiny.

On a larger scale, it seems obvious that our thoughts, feelings, and emotional states translate into how we treat other people, how we treat “things”, and our habitual behavioral patterns. From internal qualia to external physical behaviors and interpersonal exchanges — all of these influence both the collective subjective and objective systems from culture to politics to the ecosystem. Which thereafter influences the even larger systems of how our biosphere interfaces with the sun, our galaxy, etc. The ripple affect is probably much faster than we could ever imagine. Which is why when we “wake up” to these concepts of deep interconnectivity and oneness, often we are driven into more of a spiritual discipline to cultivate a level of responsibility in our thoughts, feelings, emotions, and behavior to have a positive influence on the small and large scale.

There is so much to be said about this subject! But I will leave it at that and see what others have to say as well…

Much Love,
    Lindsay

This post has received 4 votes up.
    • #4901 Score: 2

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Thank you, Lindsay!

You have amazing things to say about nature of the universe and how we participate in it. <3

Here you beautifully said the following:
      Such as, a humble recognition that the nature of reality is more powerful than we know, and at the same time, the recognition that we have the power to influence our reality with intentions, “ask and you shall receive.” With prayer, or intentions, if our will power is strong, our behaviors align with them. This combined with an inner compass of intuition, we can truly create our destiny.

I might add, aligning ourselves so that the response we receive from the universe is in accordance with our highest intention possible, at the soul level of being. This means knowing ourselves and demonstrating that knowing by participating consciously. Participation is more than a single prayer, but the wholeness of being in action at the point of orientation (where we are on the spectrum of spiritual development in time-space orientation); which automatically elicits a reaction (personality) or response (soul or above) from the Universe depending upon if we are participating unconsciously or consciously, respectively. We want to be careful what we ask for and do we really know what we’re asking?

….adding to the importance of a disciplined spiritual practice, such as meditation (in various forms), to get to know oneself, so we can get through this monkey circus unscathed! ;P

Your insight is appreciated!

Love,
      Jennifer

• #4906 Score: 1

Lindsay Briner
      17 votes
      @lindzyb

Hi Jennifer, I love you additions! Thank you 🙂 I agree completely to add, in our highest potential / intention / service, on a soul level. I think this is a part of the surrendering and humbling process in acknowledging that even though the universe is inside of us, there is also a higher power at play because we are limited to our minuscule human perception capabilities. And yes I also agree that this becomes easier when we have rigorous spiritual practice, where suddenly we trust that everything is perfect because we feel divinely guided, guarded, and protected by the absolute consciousness of all that is.

Much Love,
      Lindsay

• #4907 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Lindsay,

Remember, You Are the Universe! ;P
      We are not truly limited. That’s only a perception of a limitation, so far as I can see. There’s always more, isn’t there? <3

Love,
      Jennifer

• #4914 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Jennifer, I just have to repeat what you said, because it has always been such an effective way to see through my limiting beliefs and free my identity and power:

Remember, You Are the Universe! ;P
      We are not truly limited. That’s only a perception of a limitation, so far as I can see.

I think I will print this out and put it up somewhere visible, to keep reminding me at every step! 🙂

• #4844 Score: 2

Paul Gopal
    Participant
    15 votes
    @paul

Namaste everyone,

Yes Deepak and Menas I am experiencing this. Reading the beautiful quote from Rabindranath Tagore that you put in the overview, it happens.

“I feel this pang inside – Is it my soul trying to break out, Or the world’s soul trying to break in? My mind trembles with the shimmering leaves. My heart sings with the touch of sunlight. My life is glad to be floating with all things Into the blue of space and the dark of time.”

Rabindranath Tagore

• #4908 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Paul,

Thank you for sharing Tagore’s poetry. He speaks of oneness in love, in my eyes.

Love and Light,
      Jennifer

• #4849 Score: 2

Lindsay Briner
    17 votes
    @lindzyb

Hi Paul, beautiful quote. Thank you so much for sharing. It reminds me to stop and look out my window and breath with the colors of the world and feel the peace and perfection of all that is! 🙂

Much Love,
    Lindsay

• #4915 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

So very beautiful Lindsay! I will do that together with you if I may 🙂

• #6107 Score: 0

lilianna.deveneau
      Participant
      19 votes
      @lilianna-deveneau

@lindzyb and @aurorac,
      Thank you for your reminders to “stop and look out my window and breathe with the colors of the world and feel the peace and perfection of all that is!” I’ve just followed your beautiful example! ☺ Namaste! 😀

• #6128 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Namasté Lilianna! 🙂
      open window

• #6690 Score: 0

lilianna.deveneau
      Participant
      19 votes
      @lilianna-deveneau

Thank you for the serene pic, @aurorac ! My hubby and I saw this last night and both instantly inhaled peace!! 🙂 Sending you light, love, abundance, and joy!! 😀

• #6085 Score: 1

Vikram Chauhan
    Participant
    11 votes
    @vikram-chauhan

The universe is nothing but thoughts (awareness, consciousness). In the beginning there were only possibilities of thought. The universal consciousness collapsed a possible thought into an actual thought. That actual thought lead to other thoughts (other animate and inanimate objects).

Since the universe is made up of thoughts. And we are also thoughts – we absolutely effect the universe.

• #6104 Score: 0

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

Hi @perfectionsong,

Thank you for your comment, “The really neat thing is I don’t have to tell you my experiences because if you wonder you get them…that is the law.” We each bring a slightly different view of the same experience, and at the core of that is the same love and awareness. Simply the act of opening yourself up to another perspective brings what you seek…so profound, and as such, something we need to continue to remind one another! ☺ Experiencing synergy, a culmination of singular energies coming together to produce a sum greater than their “individual” parts, is one of my favorite feelings, and this all stems from considering another as an extension of one’s Self.

Light and love,
    Lili

• #6106 Score: 0

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

Hi @jenniferl ,

Thank you for your thoughtful responses! I especially appreciate your statements that explore conscious participation as “the wholeness of being in action at the point of orientation”. To your comment, “aligning ourselves so that the response we receive from the universe is in accordance with our highest intention possible” I would like to emphasize the process or the journey here. You continue with, “We want to be careful what we ask for and do we really know what we’re asking?” One of the hardest, and most valuable, lessons I’ve finally allowed myself to learn is that ASKING the question IS the point!! ☺ I often find in our society that we’re almost expected to have the answer before we ask, or the destination before the journey. This is the opposite of what we really see in nature! In YATU, the authors mention this as a difference between the (paper, two-dimensional) map and the (living, three-dimensional) territory.

In the case of what we’re asking for, then, I’ve found that “our highest intention possible” continues to grow, as do our experiences, thoughts, and expectations, creating new intentions, hopefully more and more aligned with our true Self as the process continues. I also believe that as long as the underlying intention is to positively express your Self, the path will flourish and unfold regardless of whether you think you’re asking the “right” questions, because the fact that you’re already posing queries means you’re on your highest track!! ☺ I welcome thoughts and comments. ☺

Light and love,
    Lili

• #6133 Score: 2

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

I love this discussion and, in my mind, tie it back to the idea that we are all having a human experience. Our puppy Daisy has a very sensitive tummy and yet, every time I take her for a walk, she eats everything bad for her–grass, mud, worms, tissues, ballpoint pens. Leading to a bout of diarrhea. I was wondering aloud to my brother-in-law, who is a doctor and dog lover, too, why she never learns that when she eats bad things, she gets sick, and he reminded me that she doesn’t tie together the same cause-and-effect of bad food-bad tummy that we, as humans, might deduce over time.

Which made me wonder, would an animal universe have different attributes that we may not recognize? For example, dogs have a much more sensitive sense of smell and hearing than humans–what are the qualia of an animal universe and can we even begin to understand this alien-to-us world?

And if we create a nurturing environment (universe) for them, does that then nurture us, in return? I’ve written a story as part of my book/learning platform Edge of Yesterday that explores part of that question.

In my view, if we are the universe, and the universe is all, then our worlds are interconnected with animals and any non-human (alien) species yet-to-be-discovered. Can we grow our awareness to include non-human experiences? I’d love to hear the animal-universe observations of others in this forum.

• #6137 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hi @robin, such an interesting discussion you are opening up to!

I think that we have a lot to gain by realizing that the human intellectual perspective is only one possible way of knowing (and creating) the world. As I see it, your puppy is not drawing conclusions the way humans do, but that doesn’t mean she is not pursuing and making good choices. And we humans have the capacity to communicate with the animal world and know the perspective of any being if we only go beyond our intellect. We can ask questions in consciousness, and if we keep our mind open, the answer will come. When I asked what your puppy is doing, the answer I received, in human terms, is that she is looking for more nourishment both physically and mentally. And when you think of it, it makes sense. If she has a sensitive stomach, she probably has an imbalance that makes nutrient absorption more difficult, and from there, her natural behavior would be to chew on everything and anything in an attempt to receive that which is lacking in her body. Also, being a puppy, it’s not that strange if she is researching everything arising in her world in the most thorough way she can- by eating it up 🙂 It is a way to ingest more experience, and I guess that your puppy could be one of those souls curious and hungry for a lot of exciting stuff.

After receiving this answer my intellect wanted to know it could be valid and so I googled and found this: 5 Reasons Dogs Eat Dirt. There are similar answers given, which is nice. But my immediate interest after such an answer is to ask: if Robin’s puppy is in consciousness, can her digestive problems be solved in consciousness? Which is what I experiment with when I do distance healing. So that is how the universe looks like seen from here 😀

Other thoughts?

• #6139 Score: 0

Robin
      Participant
      51 votes
      @robin

Thanks for that article and your tuning in to Daisy’s energy, Aurora. Great stuff! I suspect, as you suggest, it’s mostly puppy exploration, curiosity and play, although balancing her diet by adding-in bone meal sounds like something to investigate. When she gnaws on raw bones, unless we take out the marrow and all the good stuff first), her digestive track gets equally activated–in an unhealthy way!

I love the idea of attuning to dog (and other animal) consciousness. There is so much more to know–and it does bring me back to the question of “How do we know?”

I tuned in after I wrote this post to @deepakchopra and his Facebook live talk yesterday–where he mentions the fact of other animal consciousness (if I recall, he mentions elephants and dolphins, among others–and he mentioned plants, too). More synchronicity–a phenomenon that fascinates me and one that I become more-and-more aware of all the time.

Are we all truly facets of One Mind, pulling similar awarenesses from the “aether” as it was once called? Is that Field of Awareness and our ability to attune to that higher frequency a way for us to “know” together?

And, if so, how can we widen that perceptual ability to, in turn, widen our ability to create from the field together a more joyful, compassionate, equanimatable (is that a word?) universe where we harmonize?

So many questions…!

• #6156 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Robin,
      oh how wonderful that process is, when we find ourselves asking “is it really true??” “can it truly be so??”
      It has happened to me so many times, and I guess you know that slowly, a surprising new insight that can be both scary and delightful turns into certainty, into knowing. You have asked several times “how do we know”. Well… my answer is that we know in different ways. We know through our senses and intellect, which is what most people today call knowing, but we also know due to our Being being undivided, which means that on a deeper level everything is known to the All. This deeper level is not consciously open to all, so many live life unaware of that realm, I was one of those people. My process has involved many “can it really be true??” along the way, until I realized that yes, there are no barriers in consciousness.

You also ask how we can increase the ability to know in the deeper way, so let me share a little to see what it brings for you. Like @lilianna-deveneau describes in her fascinating story, my dharma too is serving people so for me it has been about the intense desire to help, to heal. I found that through that desire and continued activity in that direction, the information I got/had about my clients kept becoming more accurate and revealing, to a point where it could not be motivated by anamnesis or anything else “usual”. I found that when diving deeper, to the soul level, and when asking questions with the pure intention to help, awareness always brings that information which is relevant for that particular purpose. I smiled when I read your story Lilianna, because the mirroring of physical symptoms is something I did too in the beginning of my work with healing, but eventually I understood that I did’t need to experience the state of my clients literally, haha… it is still a challenge, because if I am not attentive, I find myself suffering emotionally/physically when tuning in, instead of just intellectually registering the needed information.

Still, even if working with people has been my focus, this expansion doesn’t happen in one direction only. I will never forget the first time when I heard a fish “talk” with me. I was at an aquarium, staring in disbelief at the fish about whom I suddenly knew more than I ever thought was normal. I knew who that fish personally was, how she felt, what she lacked and needed, and her sadness was almost unbearable. I had relatively recently stopped being able to eat meat and chicken, and this was the moment when I gave up fish too. Back then it was not an easy feat, as no one around me was a vegetarian or knew how to survive as one. And yes, it was before the age of internet (laughs) so imagine how motivating the encounter with that fish lady was! Of course I doubted my sanity and didn’t tell a soul, for it was not normal for fish to talk other than in Disney movies 🙂

Plant life, nature at large including weather phenomena was even easier to open up to, through the love for the forest and sea, through, as @derek-whitney describes, love, because love is the truth of unity, and it really is beyond any romantic notion, it is truly the Truth 🙂 In the beginning I went through a phase that could compare to animism, where every being had a soul with which my soul connected in love, we communicated, and the love we shared caused my desires to be fulfilled in love by those form of life. I wished for rain on dry summers, it invariable came, I wished for sunshine on droopy winter days, it happened. I wished for the tornado to calm down before it hit the coast, it did. I wished for that cloud to cover the sun, stay there and keep shade, it did. I wished for the lake or forest to become clean and healthy again, it did. It was like my love was answered unconditionally, in total love by all these souls. One late winter day I was walking in the grey forest, wishing I had some young branches to take home, to see them grow green leaves that I longed for so much, but I had long ago stopped cutting anything off trees. Moments later, I arrived at a huge pile of branches that was covering the road (the owner had just cut them) and I smiled and thanked, knowing it was a gift of love. But all this was only one station on the path, the journey continued with a million other signs, opening up to the realization that there IS no “me” and “you”, not even when it comes to forests, lakes, tornadoes, fish, and anything else. It really all is one, conversing with itself, asking and answering, appearing as many.

In reality, we are not many, my friends 🙂

• #6161 Score: 1

Robin
      Participant
      51 votes
      @robin

Dear all,
      Love how this conversation can embrace the whole of a more conscious life: fish, horses, plants and sea, not to mention the myriad variables of humanity!

Aurora, I appreciate your teaching me a new word: anamnesis. I looked it up and see that the second definition has to do with how a patient describes his/her medical history, which I am supposing is the way you are using it here. But the first definition is quite interesting:

an·am·ne·sisˌanəmˈnēsis/noun
      Recollection, in particular, the remembering of things from a supposed previous existence (often used with reference to Platonic philosophy).

I love the word Recollection in this context. In this sense, we are not only tapping into the collective consciousness in the present of our presence, if I might refer to this lifetime, but of all Time, all Place and all Being. I perceive this experience in Being expanding beyond the universe to the multiverse (#YATU #YATM). What a gift!

I appreciate your Disneyesque experience of the fish. (As for me, I talk to my houseplants, and in Nature, to pebbles and rocks–and no, I don’t tell most people about that either!) And @lilianna-deveneau, your sharing how you tune in to the ways your pets experience their environments as a barometer for the health of the environment and your own (although, I must confess, the image it conjured in me was She tells me that she needs to explore her world this way now, it is her way of “knowing”. And though she appreciates my attempting to “protect” her tummy by yanking her nose out of the dirt and grass, she feels deprived of a very powerful sense (qualia) when I do that.

So as with a baby, it’s a balance between protecting them and letting them explore. I wonder if this can be a two-way communication; she tells me what she needs, I tell her my concerns and we can learn from each other? I guess I’ll need to talk to her this way more often to find out.

Yesterday, for Mother’s Day, my family (and Daisy!) hiked at a nearby nature center. We climbed a lookout tower spying butterflies flitting in-and-out of the trees about halfway up. At the top, we watched a hawk circling and soaring above the tree line tracing graceful swirls in a sky-blue sky. None of these creatures noticed us, as our human presence was so out of place above the trees.

The center also has an aviary for rescued birds or those raised in captivity who couldn’t survive in nature–a vulture, a hawk and an owl. We–all these species, including human–watched each other in fascination (although the vulture apparently wanted to play with Daisy and climbed down from its perch to stick its beak out of the cage. She got close and started barking but the vulture was pretty cool with it). I wondered how the birds all perceived us, each from their own species’ strengths!

It’s amazing to think we might cultivate, as @derek-whitney suggests, this ability over time (and what is time anyway if all is happening in the Now?) to evolve ourselves into the Human 2.0 where we can “feel” the experience of a dog, a duck, or a falcon. Can those of us who are curious, as we become more aware, help speed that evolution, even as Aurora describes her fish tale above?

• #6164 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Robin, how nice that my mention of anamnesis brought up Plato’s philosophy! I actually read your response in a break from my ethics book where I was reading about Plato’s description of Socratic principles. As for how to expand the capacity to tap into the experience of other species, one possibility is the fish 😀 pose… I mean yoga. Asanas are actually tools to access different types of awareness. In general the only thing that stops us from experiencing any point of view is our artificial identification with a particular one. So anything that dissolves that…

• #6691 Score: 0

lilianna.deveneau
      Participant
      19 votes
      @lilianna-deveneau

Hi @menask, @deepakchopra, @robin, @jenniferl, @aurorac, @derek-whitney, and YATU forum,

I wanted to share an experience with you all! For a few days, as I was walking the dogs our nearly 1-yr old shepherd mix Wiggins had been particularly curious, and even attempting to eat things all around him that were clearly not food! I thought of Robin’s dog Daisy & our YATU conversations, and then suddenly I looked at the experience in a whole new way. Yes, Daisy and Wiggins are curious pups trying to learn about their world, just like us. AND, since we are one, I can look at that relationship as a teeter-totter on which I’m trying to achieve balance by recognizing that I myself am out of balance, and THAT is why the pup behavior is as it is. It’s a message to me from the universe saying, “YOU need to get out and explore more! You’re out of balance right now!” Listening to this, I allowed myself some time to sit by the bay and simply take in the gorgeous sights, sounds, tastes, textures, and smells; it was rejuvenating! In recognizing that we are the universe, I am more able to understand my surroundings and interpret them in a positive, constructive, beneficial way which leads to healing, health, and freedom! 🙂 🙂 I incorporated this mindset in an important conversation with my husband, and was immediately provided with insight that allowed me to free up old energy and move forward in compassion and understanding rather than responding through old habits with negative emotions of anger, fear, guilt, shame, or even resentment. I hope my practical examples of how impactful this book has been may help others to welcome their epiphanies! We create our universe every day, with each moment, thought, smile, and inhalation; thank you for helping me make it a beautiful one!!

Light & love,
      Lili

• #6146 Score: 0

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

Hi @robin, @aurorac, and YATU community,

What a fascinating discussion indeed, and I am so pleased to be creating it with you all! I have also often wondered about the animal experience, and in fact I was on my way to becoming a vet because I love their furry souls so much! Yes, I do believe they also have souls, and I’ve seen many a life spark fade from this world to help solidify my views. ☺ I was a vet tech through college, and was fortunate enough to help perform surgeries on animals before the universe told me my mission did not, in fact, involve vet school. (What an awakening THAT was; my family literally thought I had had a mental breakdown when I declared the news that my spirit was guiding me from vet school toward helping people.) From the physiological standpoint vet medicine brings, as well as animal behaviorists, we see that puppies act like children, as Aurora said, exploring their environment just as babies do, and just as we did as we were babies, eating grass from boredom or curiosity. They typically throw up less than 25% of the time, and in less than 10% of the time this behavior signifies something worse like an upset stomach, lack of fiber, or intestinal parasites.

As we create our universe, it only makes sense (now!) that these little creatures are extensions of our Selves and how we react with our own experiences to continue that construction. And that is something that vet medicine doesn’t explore, of course! I have two service animals, a yorkie and a shepherd, and their primary “jobs” are to essentially alert me to the energy I’m putting out. When I get tense, they feel it, and when I’m so stressed that I have an upset stomach, guess what? They have the same physical issues. In this way, they help me maintain a balanced, healthy environment conducive of what Deepak describes as our ground state. I am so lucky in that I get to see exactly HOW, as you say, creating a nurturing environment for them nurtures us. Robin, when your puppy has an upset stomach, how are YOU feeling? What have you been recently adding to your home’s energy field? ☺ I’d love to hear some follow-up if you experiment with this! 😀

I wish I could see the world through animal perspectives, like you Robin! What do they see, what do they smell, what do they FEEL? How does a praying mantis see, or a walking stick, or a duck? Raised on a farm, I know that each species highlights a set of unique gifts, and in spending time with them you can’t help but feel those same gifts being activated within oneself. Riding horses is one of my favorite activities, and in this connective act I am offered the sense of freedom the horse has been evolved to experience. Standing still in a chicken coop, I felt the peace of the nesting mothers. I love your question, Robin, “Can we grow our awareness to include non-human experiences?” and that Deepak mentioned it in Facebook live yesterday! I can’t wait to hear it. I believe we can, and I choose to do so! ☺ I welcome other perspectives! 😀

• #6152 Score: 1

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Very interesting Illiana and all

Yes, perhaps a higher form state, which may arise in a few million years down the track, will be one which can actually feel the experience of a duck, or a dog, or a tree, yet be none of these.

Literally anything is cosmically possible and I do see some very interesting Facebook videos of cross species Love, including Human and animal Love. I’ll clarify my definition of Love as only being the recognition of the invisible Oneness/Formless/Feltness/Consciousness shared.

I have recently, more consciously when in nature daily, to more deeply look from invisible me to the invisible within each and all. It is a truly joyous experience to more deeply ‘see’ from beyond sight, the miracle that is every species, to imagine what the coastal falcons and pelicans overhead must be experiencing as they gracefully glide by, to see the odd dolphin catching a wave and sometimes gently, slowly meandering along, as though in an aquatic ballet. It is all so incredibly gifting.

Created by us, for us…..how cool is that : )

Loving the forum and the wide variety of human form contributors…if only the birds, dolphins and others could join us….they’d probably all say just stop thinking and fully live the unlimited miracle this is.

Namaste

• #6197 Score: 1

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the continued convo! What exciting perspectives you each bring; I am truly grateful! @aurorac, I love how you explained your “Can this truly be?” journey from unawareness to conscious Being. Thanks also for your honesty regarding the transference of physical and/or emotional symptoms with your energy work with clients. And your fish story!! It was absolutely incredible, and I was astonished because you described an unforgettable experience I just had about two weeks ago! It was also with a fish!! I didn’t “hear” her, but I felt the stabbing pain and panic; it was horrific. As my husband and I walked through the market, I told him how sad it made me that this was the state of their last experiences. Vegetarianism is something my hubby and I have been trying to adopt (it has been a 2 year process), and I believe that was the final push I needed (and requested) from the universe to help me fully align my beliefs with actions (something that is significant to me: evolving!). @robin and @derek-whitney, perhaps the process you both describe with your wondrous connection to nature could be described as Bevolving?! ☺

Inspired by Aurora’s recalling of signs of love from the universe, I asked for some signs of my own. I was immediately and continuously presented with gifts from the universe, signs including a distinct heart shape in my coffee, the rain stopping at my request, and new flowers in bloom that literally took my breath away as the universe whispered in excitement, “These are for you!” Thanks for nudging me to deepen my connection with the One Source! ☺

Robin, I so enjoy your progressing understanding of Daisy’s unique passion to collect qualia experiences! ☺ I can certainly identify with that! 😀

Derek, I love the human 2.0! We continue to see shifts of consciousness and advancements within our short lifetimes—it makes me so joyful and hopeful for the future! I believe you’re right about what the animals’ advice for us would be! The more I remain open and present from my heart and less in my head, the more blessings I continue to receive!

I also appreciate how these YATU forum convos continue to reference our daily life through distance and time! Aurora, I have recently been reading about Asanas! (And about dharma—thank you!) Anamnesis is an intriguing phenomenon of which I’ve been told of once through personal experiences. Could you perhaps share some of your favorite examples or insights (being sensitive to confidentiality goes without saying, of course! ☺) you’ve learned from your work with clients?

Sending light and love to each of you, and a warm embrace, knowing we are one! ☺

• #6233 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Wow Lilianna, how amazing this is. Truly. I mean… you too have had a fish as a “teacher”? And you know what one thing I didn’t write in my prior post, because it was getting too long? I didn’t write about all the signs. Heart shapes everywhere for me too. It has lasted for years, and it was a constant dialogue and guidance from life. Until one day when I was immersed in reflecting on a difficult situation, wondering if to follow my mind or my heart, and the belt I had around my bathing robe fell to the ground – in a perfect, big, heart shape. And you know, at that moment I was shaken, because OK, I understand that cut red beets and bell peppers and travelling clouds and dishwasher liquid, and rain puddles and sleep marks all happen to form perfect hearts ten times a day, but bathing robe belts?! At that moment I finally, finally understood … But maybe I shouldn’t spoil your fun in case your “bevolving” is ongoing? 🙂

To answer your question about insights from the work with my clients… it actually led to the secret that Deepak and Menas are revealing as widely as they can 🙂 I was grounded in physicality when I started, and that’s a great place to start. I wanted to help, and in the beginning I used physical means. Ayurveda, which is qualia medical science, has been my path from the physical to consciousness. So from changing my clients’ health state with the help of physical tools (foods, herbs, spices, oils, fluids, massage, etc) I slowly moved to changing things through mental and energetic tools only. And lately… it’s obvious that it is Being that is doing all the doings anyway, on any level. So I could say that the effort I used to put in achieving my goal of helping people has diminished as the physical has stepped back and the real has become clear.

Are you working with clients in some way Lilianna? If so, how do your insights help you?

• #6267 Score: 2

SteveCostello
    Participant
    14 votes
    @stevecostello

Descartes gave us the famous words, “I think, therefore I am.” Is it true that our minds (or consciousness if you prefer)come up with the thoughts and ideas and following that we believe the perceptions that follow and act upon them?
    I believe that our minds are connected to the universal consciousness yet we do think and act independently based on the perceptions arising from our thoughts which therefore do influence reality, at least here on earth. Most people see reality as the here and now aspects of their lives and are closed to the greater realities of the universe. If every person on earth meditated frequently on ‘peace,’ I believe that the thoughts arising from that through the universal consciousness would result in a more peaceful world. Sadly, there are many who are not ‘in the right place’ to contribute to this but I wonder if those who are would be enough to influence reality.
    My response here is a fraction of the tip of the iceberg, I hope it is helpful.

Peace, love & happiness
    Steve C

• #6446 Score: 1

ziewatt
      Participant
      16 votes
      @ziewatt

@stevecostello. I enjoyed what you were saying about meditation and its ability to heal through this process. I have been practicing mindfulness meditation, and when I do my thoughts tend to stop, and my body becomes a floating bubble with a beautiful floating feeling. On coming back to my physical state, I feel calmer and centred and have less thoughts that are mind struggling with heart. When I go to work with children as a teacher I find the children become calmer as my mind has very little thoughts of the future or the past, just of being in the stillness of now. Of course I have thoughts but it is as if the mindfulness meditation has brought me to a place and state of awareness that is just simply the now. In saying all this I wonder if there is any person walking around without a thought. Is it possible? If I had no thoughts I wouldn’t be here would I? I do feel that if that thought process of person can be altered through mediation there are many possibilities. WHy is it that we go to a different state when we mediate. In my meditation states I actually don’t always reach the state of no thoughts, its a rarity. What is creating thought?

• #6449 Score: 2

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Hello @ziewatt and @stevecostello

I’m enjoying the discussion on meditation and thought. Ziewatt, your question, “What is creating thought?” may be a good one to send to the authors (@question)? I would enjoy hearing their take on it.

I’ve had the experience of thoughts dropping in, like raindrops. Where did they come from? What level of my being? When my mind is calm, I’m at my creative best.

Thank you for the positive vibes in my inbox!

Love,
      JenniferL

• #6348 Score: 0

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

That is actually two different questions, both of which are misleading.

In the subject line that I clicked on it read “Do your thoughts influence reality?” No… how can thoughts influence reality? Thoughts stem from reality.

Then you went on to suggest that thoughts are influencing some kind of reality “out there”. There is no “out there” or “in here”. There is only ONE reality from which all of creation stems… like the tree of life.

From my experience, thoughts form part of the creative process, but to break the creative process down into steps that happen consecutively is ridiculous, because creation occurs outside of time. It like asking: “What came first the chicken or the egg?” Neither… creation occurs outside of time.

Perhaps their is another question here: “Is thought a necessary part of the creative process?” I think it might be necessary for participating for the majority of humans currently, but for some it is an unnecessary burden. Some people take it on as a sacrifice to serve.

• #6349 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dear @celia,

I think the Bhagavad Gita helps us with understanding about the mental body and perhaps shines light, adding to the stream of consciousness.

Bhagavad Gita 6: 25-26

25 Then, with reason armed with resolution, let the seeker quietly lead the mind into the Spirit, and let all his thoughts be silence.

26 And whenever the mind unsteady and restless strays away from the Spirit, let him ever and for ever lead it again to the Spirit.

We’re all on this journey of self-knowledge, self-acceptance, and self-empowerment. We can be easy in accepting and loving one other just as we are Now.

Love,
      JenniferL

• #6360 Score: 0

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

I love that. Thanks so much Jennifer. Interesting that you brought up the Gita because many years ago (the first time I read the Gita) I had a realization that I have recently been pondering again. It was the idea of sacrifice. How it is a part of the creative process. What are your thoughts on that? Steering away from the normal connotations that have come from Western thinking… is sacrifice what brings something into form?

While I was reading the Gita at that time I looked around at my environment trying to find one object that was not brought into form through sacrifice. Not just sacrifice of an individual but sacrifice by multiple individuals with a common purpose even if they were unaware of that purpose at that time. The fact that any object in the room where I sit right now passed through many processes and hands all around the world to make it’s way into this form for a purpose displays that. One can hardly be aware of each individual sacrifice from the idea for it’s original prototype, to it’s reproducing etc. From this perspective looking at a pillow, for example, from the point of the very first idea for such an object, to the communication of the idea, to it’s original creation, to the global acceptance and reproduction and purchase and so on…just the creation of that object altered the world for humanity infinitely. Therefore this pillow is a timeless object.

Now looking at the creation of a human it follows the same process, from inception to birth and throughout it’s entire life span it’s form is created and recreated through sacrifice. If you try to look at it chronologically it makes no sense. One could say the start of the life comes from two individuals sacrificing half a cell each to ultimately form what sit’s here typing on this computer. But they did not just sacrifice that, they sacrificed much more than that, and so did their predecessors and even when this physical body is no longer in this form it is sacrificed for something else to become of it and the life that was lived in this form has infinite repercussions for all of humanity as the universe is forever altered because it come into form. Therefore even the physical body is infinite. It is timeless.

Applying the same idea to world politics, religion and leadership today (which has been my recent experimental interest from a social perspective) the sales pitch for a handful of ideologies seems to be what individuals are using to create with and collectively alter the human experience. There can be no point of origin and the creations are timeless… but is there a sacrifice that creates the shift towards a world that transcends these basic ideologies?

What are your thoughts on sacrifice?

• #6370 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dear @celia and @robin (and @aurorac 😊),

Thank you, Celia, for your comments given with such fiery aspiration! ❤ And to Robin, as you asked about what is meant by the word, “sacrifice.” My understanding, so far…

The awareness of sacrifice as a universal law… how this helps explain the process of expanding awareness…Sacrifice is to the forms, what life is to the living conscious breath of Being. What do we want to let go of to see this more clearly? This is sacrifice…what we let go of.

On another turn of the spiral, it’s called death. Death is to the forms, including the physical body, and our personalities…all vehicles of expression, for that matter, sacrificed to a greater conscious awareness than the previous one. And yet, we know ourselves as immortals, living in the Eternal Now, right?

Let’s not jump into volcanoes, just yet. ;P How do we function in the world without being of it? We let go of the limited awareness in order for the higher or more expansive awareness to come through with clarity (unhindered)….everything, everything, everything falls into place on the physical planes (or beneath the soul level of awareness, at least) when we can let go of the need to control it; thereby, creating “Heaven” on Earth.

Are we responsible, yet? Being includes responsibility or the ability to respond to the energies with clarity or purity of intention…even with mundane everyday occurrences such as did you remember to pay the bills? What is your purpose now that you’re here on earth? This is what we call responding to the energies…of your own being…in every thought, feeling, action…and noting as it comes back to you (to bring it back to the topic do thoughts create reality). YATU! The feedback is AWESOME around here! Oops, my lights flickered. But, it get’s even more subtle than that, as you are all clearly aware. <3

And for you, @celia,…on an even higher turn of the spiral…what sacrifice?! Aren’t we there yet? So far as I can see, that’s true, too. We eternally walk together upon the “inner” planes. Was there ever anything other than this?

Here’s another reading from the Gita. With love! <3

Bhagavad Gita 2:62-72

62 When a man dwells on the pleasures of the sense, attraction for them arises in him. From attraction arises desire, the lust of possession, and this leads to passion, to anger.

63 From passion comes confusion of mind, then loss of remembrance, the forgetting of duty. From this loss comes the ruin of reason, and the ruin of reason leads to destruction.

64 But the soul that moves in the world of the senses and yet keeps the senses in harmony, free from attraction and aversion, finds rest in quietness.

65 In this quietness falls down the burden of all her sorrows, for when the heart has found quietness, wisdom has also found peace.

66 There is no wisdom for a man without harmony, and without harmony there is no contemplation. Without contemplation there cannot be peace, and without peace can there be joy?

67 For when the mind becomes bound to a passion of the wandering senses, this passion carries away man’s wisdom, even as the wind drives a vessel on the waves.

68 The man who therefore in recollection withdraws his senses from the pleasure of sense, his is a serene wisdom.

69 In the dark night of all beings awakes to the Light the tranquil man. But what is day to other beings is night for the sage who sees.

70 Even as all waters flow into the ocean, but the ocean never overflows, even so the sage feels desires, but he is ever one in the infinite peace.

71 For the man who forsakes all desires and abandons all pride of possession and of self reaches the goal of peace supreme.

72 This is the Eternal in man, O Arjuna. Reaching him all delusion is gone. Even in the last hour of his life upon earth, man can reach the Nirvana of Brahman – man can find peace in the peace of his God.

For your remembering, so far.

Your’s Everlasting,
      JenniferL

• #6367 Score: 1

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

Hi Celia,
    Curious to know what you mean by the word “sacrifice.” I just looked it up, and it has many meanings depending on context–as an act of slaughter as an offering to God, surrender, abandonment, allowing an opponent to win, a bunt in baseball to allow one’s teammates to advance, and many other concepts.

I don’t really see conception–the joining of one egg and sperm–as a sacrifice, but more as a joining. To my mind, it is one of humanity’s most selfless acts of unity. So perhaps if we shift the awareness to these sacrifices not as a “giving up” that results in a personal loss, it is a joining, or “giving to” each other to create a union–and here, the words of Thomas Jefferson in the Preamble to the US constitution, for We the People of the United States “to form a more perfect union,” spring to mind–the joining together is a sacrifice at one level, but on another, it strengthens us all to act on the best impulses of our collective states.

Meaning, to my mind, we form this union to transcend our weaknesses and limitations, no matter the sacrifice of our individual impulses; the good of the whole transcends the good of the individual.

Does that make sense?

• #6371 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Hi @robin <3

…and the individual contains the whole within, as YATU! <3 ;P

Such a pleasure reading your comments!
      Love,
      Jennifer

• #6373 Score: 1

Robin
      Participant
      51 votes
      @robin

Hi Jennifer – yes, because in every moment there is a universe unfolding and enfolding. Thank you for making that point.
      It’s a pleasure to read your insights, as well! And a gift to be able to share these ideas in this forum.

And Celia, that is well taken: the creative process (Unity consciousness in the One, and in us all as we are the universe) drives us towards evolution through the Wheel of Creation and Sacrifice into higher-and-higher realms.

• #6369 Score: 0

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

Hi @robin 🙂 Yes now that I googled that word it has some pretty messed up connotations linked to a suspect definition 🙂 LOL

I was looking at it in the context of metaphysical text as I read it but not as the majority of humans seem to have perceived it in the past. That seems to be a definition that has not evolved past the primitive mind. There are so many different levels at which it can be perceived and it is relevant at every single one of them but let me see if I can find a definition that fits this idea.

In wikipedia I found this sentence: “Sacrifice is the offering of food, objects or the lives of animals to a higher purpose, in particular divine beings, as an act of propitiation or worship.” What if we redefined it, like you said, as “Sacrifice is a selfless offering to a higher purpose.” This is a broader definition. It actually seems to be the understanding in modern Christian teachings for example. It also seems to be a definition accepted by your modern feminist culture whereby they bring into awareness how much a mother gives up or “sacrifices” to raise a child. Although the latter refers to personal sacrifice it is still relevant as it contributes to humanity as a whole. One can also look at this and say humans consume animals and plants which is a sacrifice for them to remain in this ever evolving mobile form. Would that better fit what I just said?

I would say it is something done in unity orchestrated by a higher intelligence. It is to serve. But one couldn’t call it service in this context as I am speaking about it as part of the creative process…

You could say that I am discarding birth and death in this context and definition because in my knowledge of reality there is no such thing. As I type this, cells in this body are “dying” and new cells are forming. But they are not really dying they are simply changing form as is this physical body. Sacrificing one form for another. Therefore this body is constantly changing and evolving through sacrifice.

What you said here: “Meaning, to my mind, we form this union to transcend our weaknesses and limitations, no matter the sacrifice of our individual impulses; the good of the whole transcends the good of the individual.” That’s a PHENOMENAL insight!!!

Do you think that is a better definition for what I was saying? A broad definition sort of all encompassing…

• #6378 Score: 0

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

Hi @jenniferl 🙂 I wouldn’t call that fiery aspiration. Just simple contemplation. “Simplicity is the glory of expression” – Walt Whitman.

This was quite potent for me from your quotations: “In the dark night of all beings awakes to the Light the tranquil man.” Thank you so much for sharing that. I am actually going to go back and read the Gita gain. Thank you for the inspiration. Someone gifted me a book the other day called “The Prophet” by Kahil Gibran. I think you might really enjoy the experience of reading it if you haven’t got a copy of the book yet. Sometimes it is nice to just allow words to wash over you… that is the type of reading I enjoy most.

• #6427 Score: 1

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

Hi @aurorac, @celia, @jenniferl, @stevecostello, and YATU community,

I apologize for my delayed response; we had a dear friend stay with us on her visit. ☺ Aurora, I love how you said, “And lately… it’s obvious that it is Being that is doing all the doings anyway, on any level. So I could say that the effort I used to put in achieving my goal of helping people has diminished as the physical has stepped back and the real has become clear.” That is exactly what I’ve been reminded of these past couple weeks! It is my job to hold a desire and to trust and follow with my heart, and the universe’s job to work out all the details! I “simply” need to enjoy the journey!!

I’m not doing any healing with clients, as I’ve been exploring the benefits of energy work for myself. However, as I am so impressed with how it connects you with your True Self while providing you with your unique answers, and how quickly energy shifts and manifests, I am excited to see in what capacity I will be able to bring this knowledge to others to help them manifest their best Selves! ☺

@stevecostello, I completely agree with you that meditation has the capacity to heal our world! In fact, I was just sitting with this truth today! And I would say that we all start in different places; when I began practicing meditation I was all over (mentally and physically) and could hardly sit still. I felt it almost painful not to give into my thoughts or stop meditating to complete a task that popped into my head. We all start somewhere, and it all helps!! ☺ ☺

@celia, I love your question exploring where thought relates to creation; I’ve many times “over-thought” myself out of doing things I later wished I’d just stop thinking about and jumped into!! As Deepak reminds us, our thoughts are not our own. This segues into your question regarding sacrifice; I believe sacrifice is looked at as a loss only if we’re attached to that outcome. Changing one’s perspective from seeing something as a sacrifice to a gift seems to relieve that attachment which is what’s preventing it from being timeless in the first place. Maybe this is because love is the infinite energy. This may sound silly, especially when discussing human lives. But look at the seed “sacrificed” to create that life; what about the millions of ova and sperm that never fertilize; are they sacrificed? And when we try to hold onto a person, we can’t help but focus on the mortality; but there is an infinite nature to each of us, as you discern. @jenniferl speaks to this in her quoting of Bhagavad Gita 2:62-72; thanks for this, Jennifer!! @robin, thanks for touching on this on a political level!! To Celia and others, yes, “The Prophet” was a magnificent read!

Thanks for continuing this critical exploration with me! We are indeed the universe, and how glorious it is! 😀 😀

Light and love,
    Lili

• #6445 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Lili ( @lilianna-deveneau ), I’m so glad that you are leaning back and letting the universal flow take you to the place of maximum passion! It’s so wonderful to be excited about the journey and continuously surprised with the answers one receives to the question “how can I serve?”

Dear Jennifer, Celia, Robin, Steve, Deepesh and all ( @jenniferl @celia @robin @stevecostello @deepesh ) I so much enjoy your discussions here! Wonderful thoughts from all! Thank you!

• #6430 Score: 1

Deepesh
    Participant
    5 votes
    @deepesh

Our destiny is shaped by the power of our thoughts.
    Certain rules apply to convert our thoughts into reality.
    Those rules are the natural laws we abide by.
    We conceive negative thoughts and our perception about that person,thing or situation becomes negative.
    On a neutral plane,no one is bad or good as they think,act and behave from their level of consciousness.
    Hence,every act is just a manifestation of consciousness and human behaviour cannot be challenged by our perceptions.
    Their reality is controlled by our consciousness and when we try to invade their territory,their reality or their capital,then we should not forget that we are bound to be governed by same laws.
    We trust each other because we are still trying to develop an understanding of the consciousness and explore the hidden laws of universe.
    In a place full of so called enlightened people,they don’t harbour any relationship with people of lower consciousness.
    They make others feel inferior to them inviting their own downfall.
    This blog is open to knowledge and points of views and people here are not obsessed with their ego(not superego).

Unlike obsessed superheroes obsessed with their so called spiritual powers,we are trying to observe this universe(both macrocosm and microcosm) from our perspective and need one another for the benefit of whole.
    Thank you.
    Deepesh.

• #6431 Score: 1

Deepesh
    Participant
    5 votes
    @deepesh

Pardon me for my mistakes like….
    their reality is not controlled by our thoughts,it’s their thoughts.

• #6439 Score: 1

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

@lilianna-deveneau I am glad you also enjoyed The Prophet too. I listened to it the other day on audio book as well and it was like a song without a tune. I absolutely love it. Thanks for your feedback. It is awesome to look at it from that perspective. Makes so much sense.

• #6440 Score: 1

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

@deepesh I hear what you are saying… especially about natural laws that we abide by. That seems to be the case. I absolutely agree that everyone acts from there level of awareness.

Do you really believe that enlightened people invite their own downfall? I don’t really understand the term enlightenment. It makes little sense beyond Voltaire’s teachings to me. I don’t understand the link between that and some of these modern teachings although I must say, chatting to my mother recently, she has a rather low opinion of the terminology but I think it has to do with here getting one too many news letters from a publisher in the United States. I think it is really a word that now has too many definitions to understand. What does that word mean to you?

This was an interesting statement: “In a place full of so called enlightened people,they don’t harbour any relationship with people of lower consciousness. They make others feel inferior to them inviting their own downfall.” … surely then “enlightenment” is not a higher state of consciousness in this context? I think regardless of your state of awareness relationships with those less aware than you are challenging, but life is challenging, it would be boring if it wasn’t (maybe that is just my preference) but compassion and compassionate action are very natural expressions when one is faced with someone less aware. In my view compassion is not something shown on a small spectrum though… sometimes compassionate action can seem harsh to those that perceive on a spectrum that ranges from positive to negative but that I think is based on their own conditioning. Even empathy, is that not a natural expression to this too… empathy is tough because you know them, you know what they are a feeling, we all evolved from some point, you know their suffering… is it not just a natural desire to one to alleviate someone else’s suffering when you understand to them as an individual there seems to be no way out. I would think people in higher states of awareness seek out those less aware and reach out a hand to help them up given that it is in the best interests of humanity.

That is just my thoughts. Interested to hear more of yours 🙂
    Much love

• #6452 Score: 0

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

Fascinating conversation, everyone! Light and love!

@robin, I love what you said to @celia ‘s comment: the creative process (Unity consciousness in the One, and in us all as we are the universe) drives us towards evolution through the Wheel of Creation and Sacrifice into higher-and-higher realms. What a strong picture and feeling that provided me; thank you! Does anyone else have other thoughts on sacrifice? I find it to be an intriguing topic! ☺

@deepesh I’m also looking forward to your thoughts on Celia’s enlightenment queries. ☺

We’re all in this together, as we are ONE! ☺ All best!!

• #6458 Score: 0

ziewatt
    Participant
    16 votes
    @ziewatt

Question: Where do thoughts come from? and why do we have them? I realise this may have been covered already. Is this part of our higher consciousness, if so I still wonder because when I do meditation such as chakra cleansing or healing and mindfulness meditation I sometimes go beyond my thoughts, this is very hard to achieve but I have been there a few times, what experience is this? I remember once reading that our thoughts are a process of what we are perceiving and making sense of in our reality. When I go away from my body what reality is it? the universe is that the real reality with no thought? why do we need thought and have it? Namaste Suzie

• #6462 Score: 3

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

Hi @ziewatt

I would say thoughts are just timeless, infinite, creative expressions… the same as a flower… they follow the same ebb and flow as everything else really. They stem from consciousness to serve a creative and evolutionary purpose. When they are not required by an individual, they do not have them.

People give thought far too much thought I think 😀 LOL

With regards to your meditation (and I should say I am NOT a mediation teacher of any kind but I am 30 and I have been mediating in some form or another since I was 5/6 quite regularly starting with meditation in movement like Tai Chi, then learning with an Ishaya Monk and eventually TM which I stuck with) that gap between thoughts is transcendence. It is basically a taste of pure awareness (again I stand to be corrected, terminology is not my line of interest).

You don’t go away from your body. You are just experiencing yourself as non local. You are becoming aware of your body inside of yourself. It is very normal as you become more aware especially when you are falling asleep. Although the first few times you might think you are dead 🙂 Don’t panic! HAHA. The first time that happened to me at night, it happened two weeks after started Transcendental Meditation, when I was 17… I had no idea the two were linked until I went for a rounding and spoke to the Siddha’s and more experienced meditators there. Do you meditate using a mantra? A mantra is quite a useful tool although there will be times eventually that you you won’t require a mantra to meditate… that thoughtless state comes rather naturally and you sacrifice it for thought spontaneously when required (or at least that is my experience but I am not expert on the matter).

I hope you find some of that useful Suzie,
    Much Love
    Celia

This post has received 3 votes up.
  • #6463 Score: 0

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

*meditating *meditation… LOL

• #6464 Score: 0

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

LOL here is a light hearted side note: Mediating (intercession – “they are offering sacrifice and mediation between God and man”). The other day I wrote an even better one… I was trying to write something about my countries “terrible” economy (I cleaned up the language there coz I read the rules of this forum) and instead I wrote “despot” economy and googled the word after it… talk about accurate. Google the word “despot”… I had never heard it before but it describes every single economy in the world. I pretended that was autocorrect but I wasn’t even using an iPhone… 🙂

• #6466 Score: 1

ziewatt
    Participant
    16 votes
    @ziewatt

Thank you for your words, about meditation and thought, all very helpful to me. I have tried meditation with a mantra in the past but not for a long time.
    Today I walked amongst nature and the trees, and I do get a different feel from the trees, and I was wondering what a tree thinks or if they have thoughts. My sense when walking through the trees today and at other times is they are very still, and wise and old. I often am drawn to nature as I feel it reflects my inner state or where I may be at peace in myself if this makes sense.

• #6476 Score: 2

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

@ziewatt I think people like animals and trees etc are nature. That though comes from an intrinsic truth for me because I am from Africa and grew up around wildlife and nature that is hard to differentiate from humanity. I suppose the same as if you take different racial groups and never allow them to interact, one would be afraid and consider themselves different to other racial groups because of ignorance… they are ignorant of their common humanity. When you put people with animals and nature they are not ignorant of the commonality. I grew up in a world where I had as much respect for an insect as my own sister or brothers. I am sharing this because I see that you are from New Zealand. I use to live there. The natural world for you is similar… although you don’t have wildlife and predators so to look at a lion and see yourself would be more challenging because of your conditioning, the natural world is all around you. You literally live in paradise. It is only natural that you would feel apart of that (in my view) Sorry I have a client now so I can’t continue this comment at the moment

• #6477 Score: 0

angoorab
    Participant
    7 votes
    @angoorab

I agree that every thought is recycled. The day my nephew was born, I remember he was wrapped in a white cloth and his eyes were closed. The family were in hospital taking turns to hold him and welcome him into this world, and then it was my turn, soon as I held him he opened one eye to see who I am. I believe he already had a “thought” otherwise why open one eye, why did he need to know who was holding him?
    For this reason I believe thoughts are recycled and the world, its affairs come to us the second we are born with recycled thoughts, exactly as we do in reincarnation.

Going back to the question “do thoughts influence reality” I don’t believe they do because I have never received what I have given.

I was raised by my late father to give others more than to ask for ourselves.
    He believed by giving you are receiving, but guess what? He had a hard life. He never got back what he gave.

I also live my life by this rule, however the concept of what we “give out, we receive” which is the same as “do thoughts influence reality” in my opinion is false because I have not received anything whether, “money, kindness, or support, from anyone since my troubles began with government public service.

People have stopped talking to me, People have stopped inviting me to social events because I have no money and in many cases can’t afford to go.
    How then have my thoughts created my reality?

I used to give money to several charities when I was working, not just one charity but to “many” charities because I couldn’t choose or favour one human life over another that’s the person I used to be.

Since my experiences with MPs refusing to help me with a discriminatory case over past 17 years people I know have stopped talking to me. I have not stopped speaking to them. My own family are not supportive because they have their own careers they need help taking off.

We live in a world where bullies and selfish individuals succeed within leadership they in turn impose a false reality, making us believe we created our own reality.

I’m sorry but I have not created my own reality. My thoughts have not created my reality.

• #6478 Score: 0

angoorab
    Participant
    7 votes
    @angoorab

I think I was being a little too self-centred in my previous post, I’ve got major problems with democratic process within my country lol 😂 And got a little carried away with the “giving & receiving” concept of our realities.

Having thought about the question “do thoughts influence reality” again, It is quite possibly they do.

If we are all connected to each other than it is also possible that we can feel each other’s emotions. If we can feel others emotions it is quite possible we can interpret that emotion into thought, unless you are a mind reader, then you know what someone is thinking.

If this is possible and the majority tune into their intuitive abilities then yes I do believe thoughts can influence reality, the reality around us that is (movements).

There are many realities, the material social world, our personal reality and then the spiritual reality. I have not finished reading the book “you are the universe” a little lost as to which reality I am answering.

Having said that, I have a question nothing to do with “thought or reality”,
    What if you no longer care about people, are we not being our true self? I mean monks isolated themselves away from ordinary people, I’m not saying they don’t care about people, but they live in their own bubble without a care about the realities of this world. Are we then being our true self if we didn’t feel or cared for others?

• #6479 Score: 0

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

Hi there @angoorab,

I will answer your question but first can you tell me what country you are from and what the discrimination is for my interests sake hahaha 🙂 It is a very common outline in a democracy anywhere in the world at the moment but I am interested to know where you are viewing from. Have you been unemployed for 17 years?

Kind Regards,
    Celia

• #6662 Score: 0

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hi Lili,

I don’t “hear” the animals like I hear a human voice, it is more a feeling knowing and also my guides and the Angels and sometimes G-d will tell me things that I do “hear” as voices. They told me to go ask a neighbor I don’t know when another neighbor’s horse got out and it turned out it went to the 1st neighbor’s farm and they didn’t know who it belonged to. If I had not listened and did as I was guided, it never would have made it home. I see pictures too because basically I think in pictures. It sounds crazy (I promise I am not! Infact I have been working in the Mental Health field for about 25 years so know I am not delusional, LOL!) if you haven’t had or don’t believe in that experience. I used to want to be a Vet many years ago but couldn’t deal with the thought of hurting an animal even to “help” or “putting it to sleep” which I think is a strange expression. I didn’t know at that time that I was supposed to be doing healing work and more with the animals these days. I sent Reiki to some apple trees we have where I live because everything is energy and responds to our thoughts and intentions. I have been told that all healing works so not to second guess though I am still letting go of Ego and trying not to second guess because I am not sure if there is an obvious change in them. Ego is thinking too but it seems to block our true energy.

So, I also know that thoughts influence reality because once I have begun to practice Abundance thinking instead of Deprivation thinking and keep allowing Abundance in, more comes. We vibrate where we think and feel and feelings come from thoughts. It is the emotional vibration attached to the thought (not the thought itself which is only a symbol and means just what we as humans agree it means) that the Universe responds to. The higher we vibrate the faster we manifest what we are thinking and feeling.

Susan

• #6480 Score: 0

angoorab
    Participant
    7 votes
    @angoorab

Hi @celia

I’m from the uk. I used to work for public services (a government department). About 17 years ago the department left me on an unsustainable workstation for about a year and I developed musculoskeletal problems, I’m only 4 foot 9. Rather than providing me with a suitable workstation which would enable me to do the job I applied for, they made false accusations against me, one after another, this went on for about 3 years. I didn’t have a job role for 3 years. I resigned. I tried to move on, no employer would employ me because it means they would have to spend a lot of money to make adjustments, I’ve been unemployed for about 9 years.

It gets more complicated because I’m the uk there is no law protecting short people, legally employers are not obliged to employ short people, if I didn’t have a back/musculoskeletal problem this would not have been an issue, but I do now since the injury 17 years ago.

I’ve been trying to get an MP to look at my case regarding disability and injury benefits which they have also refused, but were quite happy to create the injury.

I’m basically “stuck in rut”. The first step would’ve been to provide disability/injury benefits so that I had an income coming in the second would’ve been to change the law and to protect short people from discrimination within employment. Once this has been put in place I’d be free to apply for jobs anywhere.

There is that element of injustice too, because no employer should be able to get away with “disability discrimination” the law is already set regarding disability discrimination.

I knew this would happen 17 years ago (I have logical thought process) and I have been contacting MPs to help me with discriminations and illegal practices within department for about 17 years – the bulk of it 12 years ago.

No a single MP wants to help me I think it is to do with their loyalties with “public services”. If they tell the MP to jump they say how high kind of think. I’ve looked into “democracy” and the “democratic system”, MPs are not allowed to favour businesses or public services over their constituents, especially discrimination cases.

If MPs are going to do what is best for businesses over constituents then “Democracy” is not fit for purpose – I have recently worked this out through my experience.

It’s been an exhausting 17 years and I’m still hitting brick walls.

Anyway thanks for the interest, I feel better when I can get it off my chest.

❤️❤️

• #6481 Score: 1

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

Hey @angoorab

Let’s talk about the book first. Reality that is referred to in the question I would say is the ultimate truth or God if you are religious (from my point of view and understanding) What you seem to be referring to is more circumstance and experience. Perhaps read Part 2 of the book and Appendix 1 and 2 first and then move on to Part 1. I am still reading Part 1 but I read it that way because it makes more sense to me to start with reality and then explore that which stems from it.

Moving onto your “thought reality” question. Buddhist Monks are practicing their religion. What you are perceiving as not caring is simply detachment in a more extreme form. You can be detached and still experience emotion, you don’t have to live in a totally neutral state… that is just their path. It is what it is. People like Walt Whitman understood this very well. It is a quest for higher states of consciousness (what they call “enlightenment” which is one of the many definitions of that word). I would not say that they do not care for humanity or for others. Look at the Dalai Lama… he is one of the most political and humanitarian leaders of our time. You seem to be speaking about it more from a perspective of “feeling stuck” though than having a desire to be a recluse. So I will get to that just now.

I wana talk about thoughts, presence and Karma for a second. This is not on the same level as this question. I have a very different view of karma from the traditional ideas but I where I live one of the values in African Spirituality is “collective responsibility”. It has be distorted to justify terrible acts in Africa to very simple and spiritual people by political leaders etc but there is an explanation closer to the truth of the idea. I want to pose a scenario to you. You wake up, get out of bed, hear a noise in the lounge so you go there and your dog and cat are having a go at each other. You intervene and the cat scratches you. It is painful. Unavoidable because the correct decision was to intervene. The circumstance was seemly beyond your control. You acted spontaneously and correctly. That doesn’t mean you were not going to get physically hurt though even though you acted correctly. Now a person who is conscious, aware, present, will feel the pain, experience, focus on the experience, cleaning the wound, dressing it and realizing it to their physical body to heal it. It still might hurt, but they are not resisting the pain. Even though they feel the pain they are still able to experience the joy of living whether it is treating themselves to their favorite breakfast, having a nice long bath with some essential oils or just enjoying the sunshine as they drive to work. Yes the pain is there but the joy of living is there too. Alternatively that person could not be living in the present moment so what do they do? They get angry at the dog, blame it, shout and scream, dress their wound all the time hating and resisting the pain and distracting themselves with angry thoughts. Because they are so focused on the thoughts they are thinking they self sabotage… not just their individual self, but the collective because actions have infinite repercussions. They are timeless.

<Just to stop here I am not saying choosing positive thoughts over negative, this is not relevant, they are both he same thing. I am talking about being aware and present vs being unaware.>

So why are the repercussions infinite? Because in this unconscious state, you stormed out the house and got in the car, reversed out your driveway and the first car you saw did something to annoy you and you hooted and swore at them before you were even properly on the road. That driver was so shocked that they drove to work in a daze and nearly had an accident on the way thus influencing another driver. That driver was a single mother who lost her husband and was trying to support her children. She was working at a law firm but because of her emotional state had made a few mistakes. Because this driver rattled her, she made yet another mistake at work and it cost her her job. She then loses her house. Who child in high school has to drop out and get a job to support her. Every single person they encounter along their lives journeys from the moment you drove out unaware and set this in motion had their circumstances changed because they were all acting unconsciously. That day you go on to alter everyones life that crosses your path and the reaction is timeless. People are being born into this unconscious karmic cycle. No life is insignificant. It alters that of 7 billion and more faster than you could ever imagine. That is collective responsibility. It actually means being accountable to everyone that proceeds you that sacrificed for you to come into being in this form, to everyone on earth at this moment, to everyone that will every be born. To take it further it is about collectively being responsible for all of creation. Something like that gives one a lot of clarity on their own life, existence and importance to the whole of humanity. The fact that you are talking to me here matters. You are literally changing the world through expressions, through learning, through growing and evolving. One could say the Buddhist monks are doing the same even though they seem so detached, they are spiritual leaders in their own right leading with love.

Are you still with me? Okay for the politics… I know you have an election looming and on a personal level I feel your pain and anxiety because we are all there. Right now in South Africa we have a few local elections and it is madness. Today was the worst day in SA politics since we elected a man with over 800 counts of corruption against him as a president. You must know. I even found myself challenging friends of mine in government and in parliament. Experience it, feel it, express it, understand your expressions are going to influence things infinitely but freedom of expression right now in this world as it stands is the only thing that will see us progress. Humanity cannot afford to continue oppressing any aspect of themselves or others.

With regards to work, I understand your challenges and that you are compelled to express yourself. That is perfectly natural. It is probably part of your purpose to lobby this with your MPS which is why you are doing it (and we all lobby our MPS here in South Africa for everything, same political system as you but more intense) but you also deserve to earn a living too and right now. I would suggest exploring many options… even leaning toward business or a form of income that can become passive like Amway. Search online, learn a new skill or do a course, be creative and find what you enjoy and then turn it into money. See what motivates you, excites you and just flow with that. J K Rowling said if it wasn’t for the fact that she hit rock bottom she would have never written Harry Potter. Is there something you have felt compelled to do that you are putting off? Normally when you start doing that thing life starts to flow again (in reference to getting unstuck). We don’t have much in the way of economic opportunity here, we are also in a recession so you learn survival is making your own opportunities while still expressing yourself and lobbying your cause and so others don’t have to.

Speaking about your health though… what do you do for your condition? I don’t just mean medically but also nutritionally, for your mind (motivational wise… although I see you on here so you read good books), meditation, exercise wise… the whole package. Do you focus on that? I know in the UK you have community centers with activities… is there one near you? Do you engage in that at all? Sometimes you just need to break the routine a little.

• #6482 Score: 1

ziewatt
    Participant
    16 votes
    @ziewatt

I was just going to suggest that @angoorab look into some sort of self employment that stems from the heart.

Celia, you have some very good ideas on the butterfly affect of how everything we do trickles down or spreads out in relation ;cause and affect. I think having the heart in the right place is a good place to start. Whether one chooses detachment or living amongst the world and people. Having this higher heart consciousness will help to heal people around the world.

• #6483 Score: 1

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

@ziewatt the butterfly affect? I will look that up. Is it something like butterfly wings create waves that move throughout space and time infinitely? Makes sense.

I’d take it further to patterns passed on generationally as most dominant and so on but they are all equally as simple to transcend.

“Higher heart consciousness” Yep… love, reality, truth, God, Consciousness, the universe… what ever you want to call it 🙂

• #6484 Score: 0

ziewatt
    Participant
    16 votes
    @ziewatt

I guess I was using the butterfly affect as a metaphor for smaller causes can have a greater affect. In terms of generational, the conditioning of a persons upbringing and what choices they have and chooses to do are all interconnected with thoughts and how a person is able to create and make sense of there thought process leads to various choices and patterns of behaviour. I was listening to Deepak on facebook talking about the conditioned mind and our unconscious/subconscious process which eventually becomes a thought and in turn is a behaviour or pattern of thinking. It seems hard at times to move on from our conditioning and this is part of why thoughts continue to come up that are old and of no use. I think you mentioned Celia that we don’t have to have thoughts at all or rather our higher self transcends thought. It seems hard work at times to work through the conditioning of ones generational patterns of thinking that have been projected and unconsciously put there by our own self. At what point does a person follow there own path into the woods so to speak as Jung talked about and realise your own path and let go of all conditioning and false belief patterns. What comes out of a persons mouth is often from the thought that shows the stage of development and thinking process going on. But on the flip side of this we don’t always say what we are thinking do we.

• #6496 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dear @ziewatt @angoorab @celia @lilianna-deveneau and to Everyone (sorry if I didn’t include your name and you’re part of this discussion!),

Ziewatt you said eloquently, “It seems hard at times to move on from our conditioning and this is part of why thoughts continue to come up that are old and of no use.” You go on to ask some great questions about overcoming the conditioned mind. Thank you for your insights! I have found this to be true, too. I also watched DC’s video and thought of our discussion on this thread, while he talked on this topic.

The way I look at it so far, is that our conditioned mind is still a form or vessel to our higher awareness. Detachment is one step to overcoming this, and I see in my experience so far, that there’s the next step. It has to do with what the Yoga Sutra’s of Patanjali (at least the version I read (present tense) by Alice Bailey) calls “overcoming the hindrances.” The hindrances include any thought which limits, separates, or causes harm in any way – to you or any circumstance. An example of a limiting thought is, “I’m not able to overcome my conditioned mind.” This thought blocks or stops the process because it causes a limitation, simply by saying “I can’t.”

It may be closer to the truth to tell oneself, “I will study spirituality in order to overcome the limitations of my conditioned mind.” This thought is more forward moving, solution oriented, and is also the opposite thought of the first conditioned one by saying, “yes, I can”. These subtle changes in our thoughts, by applying what the Sutra’s call the “opposing thought” subtly helps to raise the vibration and overcome the limited awareness of the conditioned mind. Essentially, reorienting the form, vessel, or thought process. This continues the flow of energies from above to below unimpeded. In other words, this allows more light in.

It’s been my experience so far, that the lesson repeats until we’ve demonstrated mastery over it. Simply, when thoughts come up again, apply the same rule of the opposing thought. We can remember to ask ourselves whenever we’re caught up in our thinking, “what’s the opposite of this thought?” When we continue to apply the opposing thought, we eventually graduate to the next step. In other words, from my experience so far, it does get easier. And of course, there’s more. This is a simple example of one approach to overcoming the conditioned mind that I’ve found useful in my meditation practice.

Still following along with the discussion! I very much appreciate all who contribute and put their energies into it!
      Love,
      JenniferL

• #6486 Score: 1

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

@ziewatt Oh hahaha… yes trust me to think of the motion of an insects wing and the impact it has globally… not even metaphorically hahahahaha. Have you ever tried to just breathe? Just focus on your breath for a full day. Speak, continue to live but constantly bring your attention back to your breath and even your senses. It is not as difficult as you think if it is just for one day. Then you might like to try it for another day sometime 🙂

• #6492 Score: 0

angoorab
    Participant
    7 votes
    @angoorab

Hi @ziewatt

Thanks for the advice, I will certainly look into doing something, whether self empowerment or study. I can’t go on like this..

This “butterfly effect” discussion sounds interesting, will have a look at it when I have time.

• #6663 Score: 1

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

About the butterfly effect, my understanding is that a butterfly can flutter its wings in one part of the world and a tsunami can happen somewhere else. I haven’t read about it in eons and don’t remember the reason, other then that everything is interconnected. One thing I think (Yep it is a thought, LOL!) is that human beings are too complicated to categorize and there is so much going on in so many levels that we don’t understand (like cellular memory, past lives, what we came down here to teach and to learn, our beliefs which are actually just thoughts we have practiced, etc.) that influences us. I also paradoxically think (there is that word again!) that human beings make things way more complicated then they need to be. The human mind searches for patterns and will keep trying to figure things out according to it’s past experiences so that new info fits the old patterns. Until that is, we change the old patterns of thinking which then physically changes the brain.

It really is not that complicated. Know that the only real force in the world is Love, Know that we are part of that force, Know that we can create what we want by changing our vibration to allow it in, and then Do it!

• #6493 Score: 1

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

Hi @celia, @ziewatt, @angoorab, & YATU community,

Celia, I love your example about the word “despot” coming to you! That further illustrates the point you were making about thoughts and flowers; we’re all tapped into the true energy source, and the fact that the perfect word expressed itself through you really shows me how infinite our access to that field is! If it exists, you know it on some level because you have an intuitive, spiritual connection to the pulse. You are the pulse! 😀 And thank you for sharing your TM experiences with us; what a fascinating and enriching conversation!! 😀 Your collective responsibility examples are so important!! I really appreciated your posts, and I completely agree with you that, “Humanity cannot afford to continue oppressing any aspect of themselves or others.”

And Suzie, I completely feel you with the peace and even wisdom I feel around trees. There is a lot of research about these magnificent organisms that you should absolutely look into! Specifically, the Heart Math Institute has been looking at the energy feedback we can now detect from trees and what that can tell us about our environment and our Selves. They’re currently spearheading a global initiative to collect energy data from trees to see just how expansive their network and communication is; as we already know, a system does in fact exist. You can find out more about that here: https://www.heartmath.org/general/global-tree-monitoring-network/

@angoorab, I am so sorry to hear of your current struggles, and I completely understand your angst. My husband and I have experienced the very thing you have, with losing connections due to our monetary situation and giving more than we receive. Of course, that’s exactly the reality we created for ourselves. I expected that the cash I donated would NOT be replaced by the universe, and so it wasn’t. As soon as I shifted that expectation, my reality followed suit. Another example: I had short, brittle hair for much of my childhood. I was told repeatedly that I would never be able to grow hair past my shoulders because it would continue to break off. I believed what people were telling me, about my OWN hair, my OWN body, believeing they were right. Then one day, I asked myself why. Why couldn’t my hair grow longer? Why couldn’t I be healthier? I stopped focusing on the “can’t” or the closed door, and then took my attention off it. While I did that, the universe gave me my new reality: I CAN and now DO have long, beautiful, strong hair!! I could even do this with an autoimmune deficiency disease—I went from having arthritis and not being able to hold a coffee cup in my crippled hands to having no trace of inflammation in my joints and pain free! This has literally changed my life!! People who have watched me heal still don’t believe it. And that’s the ONLY problem; if you don’t believe it’s so, then in your reality it is a closed door that can never open. You see the world as a big bully right now, and I totally get that. I was homeless as a teenager. I get it. But do yourself a favor: give yourself a hug. Just do it. Hug yourself! Physically wrap your arms around your own body. Say thank you for your self getting you to this place. And know I’m hugging you, too!! Let yourself feel love and acceptance. Keep doing it. And I promise you, you will attract your new reality that you are loved!! And your outer world will reflect this to you more and more the stronger that belief becomes! Please know no matter how alone you feel, we are all in this together; you are loved and supported by souls you don’t even know exist!! Start telling your self the universe will bring you what you need, including income opportunities, and be grateful for what shows up; it’ll start to happen quickly once you let yourself connect to this. 🙂

It all matters. You matter. Your reality manifests into matter. You are the infinite wisdom and beauty of the universe!!

Light and love,
    Lili

• #6494 Score: 0

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

**Note: Deepak says that very thing in a YATU video I recently watched, though I’m not sure the exact one to reference. “Why does it matter? It matters. It matters. You matter. You are matter.” I believe this was the quote. 🙂 Much gratitude!! 😀

• #6665 Score: 1

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Goodness, one more thought (more words, LOL!) I had an experience today which happens from time to time. I have inherited psychic ability. I used to be very afraid of it. I am learning to work with it. I had been saying I wasn’t really interested in doing Medium work unless it was a part of the Healing work I already do and was necessary. That thought is a limit! So anyhow, I have been praying that I am fine with getting messages and communications from the other side as long as it is through the Highest Light of G-d and the Angels. If I am supposed to pass on information then fine. Here I am still learning not to second guess. I was driving and felt someone or others around me and was tuning in asking questions. I called the friend I was going to see because I was being guided to tell her something. I started to tell her some of it and felt like crying. I had to ask the person whose spirit was talking to me to back off a bit because I was feeling too overwhelmed. That helped and I continued to receive words and pictures and passed them on. At one point my friend asked if her relative I was talking to was with another of her relatives. I didn’t know his name and a name came to me so I asked her if she knew someone by that name. Sure enough it was one of the names (not the name he was usually called by but a middle name I think) of the relative she was asking about. I took that as confirmation that this was a real experience and not my imagination. This has happened many times before with other people too, not just with her. So, why am I telling you this? Because my thought of not wanting to be too involved in that kind of work was influencing reality by blocking communication. When I set intention to allow it, I was able to comfort a friend and give her good advice that was not from me but was from her great grandmother. Go figure!

• #6495 Score: 2

angoorab
    Participant
    7 votes
    @angoorab

Hi @Lilianna.deveneau

As I was reading your message to me, tears just started pouring. You see I’ve never been able to ask for myself, its just something I’ve never been able to do, I think its time I learned. Thank you for sharing your story and for your kind words, you have inspired me to “want” and “ask” a little bit more than I do. I have given myself a hug, thank you for your hug. I give you a hug back. 🙂

• #6498 Score: 1

angoorab
    Participant
    7 votes
    @angoorab

Hi @jenniferl @ziewatt @celia @lilianna-deveneau

I’m not fully awear of “official terminologies” yet, I’m still learning. I agree with everything Jennifer has said. From my personal experiences “yoga” has helped me achieve reaching “enlightenment” and is the process of unconditioning thought. Having said this I didn’t really have a “conditioned” upbringing, even as children we were allowed to choose what we believed.

Although I never had to focus on un-conditioning thoughts, yoga forces one to be in the hear and now. When you perform yoga feeling your internal body (feel your organs, bones, muscles etc) with movement from one pose to another you forget about old useless “thought” and become “being” in the here and now. Your body also creates vibrations, theses vibrations are then reflected externally, allowing to to connect and vibrate with trees, the ground, animals, people and the world as a whole.

This is the only way I know how to explain the process of de-conditioning. There are other factors that are relevant to the process like meditation/prayer and “self discipline”. But yes yoga is the first step, the ready follows.

Jennifer, you reminded me of what I had forgotten. I used to believe “I can” and now I say “I can’t”. I don’t necessarily believe “I can’t” but I say it very often theses days.

Thank you for the reminder. Lovely post ❤️

@liliama-deveneau I sent you a post earlier but I think I made a mistake while typing your username. I’m new to this forum and not sure if I can correct it. However, thank you for sharing your story, you have inspired me in many ways and encouraged me to ask for a little more “materialism” than I normally do. Sending *hugs* back ❤️

• #6499 Score: 0

ziewatt
    Participant
    16 votes
    @ziewatt

Hi angoorab.

I was reading your post back and you talk about some struggles you have had in the past….

If we look at our experiences in life what ever we have, need not necessarily be in your family, things happen in any relationship whether it be work/or person you talk to at the shop every week, that causes some sort of shift within yourself and your thoughts. Through these experiences we make sense of what has happened. Albeit our own perspective. you talk about a struggle and how this has gone on for a lengthy time. Sometimes the experience that you are describning can create a way of seeing things that then can vibrate out,and become your reality, and is in fact and unconscious belief pattern of conditioning that is happening. You also talk about how you change your perspective and through this process by saying “I can”. There is a tool I have used and where I go back in my cellular memory to the point where the experience hits a nerve and I look at why I went through that experience that has now created this thought process about things and why Iam still repeating the same pattern of behaviour or thought process. In your case by letting go and removing the “labels ” from experiences you can see that you have gone through this experience in your life to alter a perception that is an old pattern of belief. It is unconscious and a shift can occur ona cellular level.
    Shifts and blocakges to old thought patterns can be healed thorugh this cellular healing.

• #6505 Score: 0

angoorab
    Participant
    7 votes
    @angoorab

Hi @ziewatt

In other words, our “thoughts” are associated with memory of experiences, which are recycled thoughts, this in turn creates our reality?

Now that I understand it, I agree this is self conditioning thoughts and yes, we create “our perceived” reality.

Breaking free from this type of cycle are things like yoga, prayer and meditation because I’ve done it before. I also understand it is not always possible to be disciplined in those areas because I am currently finding it difficult getting back into.
    I agree with you maybe I need to stop using certain “words”, recycled thoughts, this is difficult to do when I’m still having to write grievances about the same thing, over and over again. Although I am no longer employed by them, they provide “benefits”, every few years they request a medical assessment and they threaten to stop money coming in. This is why I can’t let go of “old recycled thoughts”. I have refused to attend medical assessment this time becau I don’t want to have the same recycled thoughts. And my MP has let me down. It’s risky because they are in control of whether you live or die.

Now that I am awear of “recycled thoughts” I don’t know how to use words anymore, they’re both entwined. I’ve become very self conscious about the words I now use. Lol

• #6506 Score: 0

Elena
    Participant
    6 votes
    @elena

• #6507 Score: 1

angoorab
    Participant
    7 votes
    @angoorab

Hi @ziewatt

I just had a re think about “thought & reality”. I had just finished reading prayers and it suddenly dawned on me, I am reciting a language I do not understand. I am Muslim and I have read the translation of the Quran, a lot of words are negative. How then do negative “words” create our reality?

If you do not understand a word to be negative and believe it is spiritual and positive word how then do you create a negative reality? It is impossible to create a negative reality if you believe a “word” is positive.

I also remember hearing DC in one of his videos say that “words” are human constructs. Words are therefore not natural and cannot create ones reality.

“Words” in my opinion are translated “feelings”. I think if we were to irradiated “negative feeling” around ones circumstance, memories and experiences, this is far more beneficial towards the journey of eradicating “conditioned thoughts”.

What do you think?

• #6508 Score: 2

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dear @angoorab @ziewatt and the forum,

What an interesting discussion on the interpretation of words as a human construct! <3

How I interpret language is in terms of energy, and that words are symbols of energy. We want to get behind the meaning of the word, regardless of the language or religion, philosophy, etc…in order to derive the word’s engendered meaning, getting back to the source.

When we think in terms of good or bad (duality), that’s the level of awareness we’ll receive – a limited perception in time/space, as many have said.

My experience so far is that we want to see and think in terms of Oneness. Words are neither good or bad, positive or negative in and of themselves; rather, words are symbols to be read for the spiritual meaning behind it. Again, getting back to the origin or wholistic interpretation, as there are seven levels of meaning behind every symbol, so far as I remember.

Dr. Chopra in his FB video today says, “see it for the first time.” In other words, how I interpret this is, what it takes for us to read spiritually; detached from the past and remaining present in the now. Angoorab, as you have mentioned your experience in your yoga practice, where you say you are experiencing the Now. We want to be reading from that point of view.

Furthermore, words aren’t the only symbols. Our life happenings are the greatest symbols we can be reading spiritually to get to the origin behind every form that comes into our awareness; thereby, raising our awareness to higher planes of consciousness, where we can interpret symbols in an awakened state, and make life easier, more joyful, meaningful, purposeful, loving, enriching, dynamic, amazing, etc…

Love,
      JenniferL

• #6702 Score: 0

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hi @angoorab,

I just read one of your posts. This is what I know about conditioned thinking, feelings and how it effects us. Thoughts are just words. Words mean different things to different people. Beliefs are just thoughts we keep practicing. Change the thoughts and you change the beliefs. It is the feeling that accompanies the thought that sends a vibration into the universe. Feelings come from thoughts which cause biochemical changes in the brain and body (the feelings cause the changes). When we keep rehearsing the same thoughts over and over we keep using the same Neuroconnections in the brain. We can keep thinking negative fear based thoughts and the body will keep responding as if it is in danger. If trauma started young then it effects the way the brain develops and the Central Nervous System can become sensitized to stress because of the flood of stress hormones and the body not having the chance to calm itself and regroup. If the person was born sensitive then it will make it even more pronounced. Also the human brain is programmed to look for negative and danger. It is called the negativity bias. It helped the species survive and is part of the more primitive parts of the brain. The brain doesn’t know the difference between what is imagined and what is happening in outside reality. It responds the same. This is why visualizing works and also how people scare themselves by imagining something fearful they don’t want. The thoughts with accompanying feelings create your vibration. The more you practice a certain vibration, the stronger it gets. So if you keep practicing calm and positive then you will create new Neuroconnections in the brain and the ones associated with negative thinking will become less active and strong. Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Meditation all will help the person become aware of the mind body connection. Just setting intention to be aware and raise your vibrational frequency will raise it. Breathing of course will make you more aware. Reiki, Emotional Freedom Techniques (tapping), any kind of body work will help. I think that because we carry all of the old energy from past lives and then add the “stuff” from this life, if it is not cleared then we keep recreating it. I am sorry this is getting long winded. The point to me is that people forget who they are, especially when they carry trauma. Trauma becomes lodged in the cellular memory of the body until it is cleared. I think trauma is at the bottom of all inflammation, all mental, emotional and physical Dis-ease. It changes the world view and your view of who you are and your perception of safety in the body and in the world. This then effects the Chakras and round and round you go until you consciously clear it. Energy work helps and that along with consciously changing the thinking works together. When someone feels threatened it is hard to remember to be your Highest Self because you are in survival mode. The Amygdala “highjacks” the frontal lobes of the brain and the body reacts. This can be changed by doing deep breathing and stepping back so that you can think.

Sometimes is can help just to ask “What is the lesson I signed on for here?” And then listen to what comes. We are here to teach too so it may be something you agreed to teach others.

Again, sorry this is so long.

Take care,

Susan

• #6510 Score: 0

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

Hello @aurorac @ziewatt @angoorab @ilianna-deveneau and anyone I left out . My goodness there has been a lot of activity and with while I have been gone. I haven’t fully caught up yet but I will. I just spotted the Quran mentioned and wanted to add something quickly before watching a movie and going to bed. So my desktop is covered with translations of The Sacred Books of the East (these are the Harvard University Ones). It is what I consider light reading these days hahahahahaha. Anyway it is my experience that nothing is positive or negative in these texts. It transcends that. You understand them beyond words. It is as if it flows through you, is you and becomes you all at the same time. I have NEVER read any accurate interpretation of these books. The truth is that one cannot academically understand them, they cannot logically understand them and it does not matter how many languages they are translated the truth is not lost.

I never always understood the words so I understand what it is like to try and understand words but that is not the way any person can possibly know the message of this text. It is absolute truth. You know it when you know it. One could perceive any of these texts positively or negatively regardless of religion but the truth is they are based on ancient wisdom passed down through humanity and each forms a key to higher consciousness through knowing not understanding. Any attempts to analyze the text is to lose the knowledge entirely.

Will chat more soon as I am caught up.
    Glad to see everyone is doing well. Excited to see all the new ideas.
    Much Love
    Celia

• #6511 Score: 2

ziewatt
    Participant
    16 votes
    @ziewatt

You have an interesting and alluring idea there Jennifer, that it is in our awakened state that we interpret symbols. Also Celia the idea that it is the knowingness that is on a deeper level in the text of words. What is interesting to me is symbols and how we translate these into our own meaning. Why do we do this? and from where does our understanding stem from. We all interpret things a different way and have a different perspective. What is the great mystery to me is this knowingness that comes out into our consciousness from our unconsciousness. For example I feel the symbolism of a tree represents the ground roots and then is also a relfection for the universe with the branches reaching out skyward to the sun. And then I take this further for me, the sun represents the warmenss of love and nurturing and mother and happiness and also Soul…etc. These are all my inner feelings and on some level my knowingness and the tree and symbol are representative symbols for me of a much greater and deeper sense of myself in the universe. I guess what I am trying to say is that yes we do have symbols in our life whether it is words, thoughts that become a metaphor in our lives. When I think about it more symbols often are a methaphor for something much greater and deeper than we are often aware of at the time. And then we bring it into our reality and go “Oh yes” that’s what it means to me. And it is subjective at times. Because each person has there own perception of what something represents.

• #6685 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Hello Forum and @ziewatt,

Ziewatt you say something very interesting here: “What is interesting to me is symbols and how we translate these into our own meaning. Why do we do this? and from where does our understanding stem from. We all interpret things a different way and have a different perspective.”

How I interpret this so far, has to do with our unfolding witnessing awareness. Basically, where we are in our spiritual development is how we’re going to interpret symbols. At the soul identified level, we’ll get a holistic interpretation; we’ll see the universal application of the law and simultaneously, the specific application in our circumstances. While, at the personality levels things are much more myopic – as we’ve come to use the seven major chakras as a model for understanding development – at the personality we can have conflicting, dualistic, individualized interpretations. For example (and I said this to @menask in another post) if someone is stuck in the root chakra this person may experience life (as a symbol) in terms of survival (derived meaning).

This is what I believe Dr. Chopra means when he says ‘see it as if for the first time.’ In other words, through the eyes of innocence, unfettered from the earthly planes, symbols and their derived meanings may be interpreted untouched by the personality. Or another way of saying it: letting go of the past which is what the personality vehicle symbolizes – the past.

I hope this helps explain what I mean! I love this forum for the depth of conversation we can have. It’s soothing to the soul!

Love,
      jennifer

• #6692 Score: 0

lilianna.deveneau
      Participant
      19 votes
      @lilianna-deveneau

Hello @ziewatt, @jenniferl, @deepakchopra, @menask, @aurorac, and all,

Jennifer, thank you so much for your light!! You truly add a powerhouse of higher vibration to my inbox, and I am so appreciative!! 😀 How uncanny these posts are; I just left a comment and as soon as I sent it, realized I forgot to say one of the two things I even wrote down to share! And here it is, a direct response to this magnificent convo! 😀 I love it! It involves Ziewatt’s question of “how do you know?” Ziewatt, though I’ve had a strong “knowingness” about things throughout my life, I’ve also had a lot of mistrust, particularly in myself. A recent epiphany I had regarding this exquisite idea that we are the universe had to do with how I know. How do I know that this person REALLY wants the best for me, especially when their actions say otherwise?? And then the answer came, swiftly, gently, and yet boldly, to my heart: I KNOW my intentions always stem from love, even when others may not see that. And, since I am the universe, I can be absolutely SURE that the same is true for the universe. Even when it feels like I’m being “punished” or “let down”, that’s the negative interpretation from a place of fear and skepticism, of self-doubt.

What is TRULY going on? The universe is trying to communicate with me to ensure my happiness, out of love. As soon as I stop and ask what that message is, clarity, peace, and truth can enter. In allowing my Self to go with the flow, my universe continues to align with my dreams. I know we’ve all had these moments, for it’s within our nature! 🙂 What’s so special to me is having a place, as Jennifer points out, where we can conjoin, to unleash our consciousness into the expansiveness of ONE. How amazing this gift is!! Thank you, thank you, thank you to Menas, Deepak, Aurora, and each one of you beautiful beings!! 😀 Thank you for helping me on this journey; you are exactly what I need, as you are what the universe brought to me, and therefore what I brought to myself, this very moment. Deepak, thank you for helping me to sit in the eternal presence of the unending NOW. Menas, thank you for your witty, humorous, and fascinating self, interviews, and ideas!! And Aurora, thanks for being the invaluable glue that binds us!!

In gratitude,
      Lili

• #6694 Score: 0

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hey @jenniferl,

I got your test post.

Susan

• #6475 Score: 2

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

Suzy, I love your wondering about what trees think. Well worth pondering! A couple of years ago, I was watching a nature documentary on PBS (here in the US–not sure where you are from) called What Plants Talk About. They apparently are not the tall, silent sentinels at all.

A great read based on the same research in Brain Pickings based on a book called, The Hidden Life of Trees. I really need to read Whollben’s book sometime!

I know this makes me a bit odd, but I talk to trees and listen in the silence for what they say in reply. I find there is much wisdom in nature. It may be a human universe, but we can glean a lot from the nonhuman world that weaves us in its web of life, just on different frequencies.

I wonder if others find themselves curious about how we interact with plants and other animals to expand our consciousness, and how we might inspire others to do the same?

[Note: I tried to submit this earlier but do not see it on the forum. If it shows up a couple of times, please excuse my tech excess or @aurorac, feel free to delete repeated posts].
    [Moderation note: Dear @robin your replies were stopped by the spam software because there were two links in the text. Sorry for the inconvenience! Should it happen again, write a new response asking @aurorac to release your message!]

• #6686 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Hellooooooo @robin !!!

You said beautifully, “I know this makes me a bit odd, but I talk to trees and listen in the silence for what they say in reply. I find there is much wisdom in nature. It may be a human universe, but we can glean a lot from the nonhuman world that weaves us in its web of life, just on different frequencies.”

First of all, welcome to the band of misfits, as I heard Deepak say in one of his videos some time ago. ;P Though I believe as we continue to reflect on the growing body of evidence for our subjective experiences, we won’t be considered misfits much longer (a bit cheeky).

You said eloquently, “I wonder if others find themselves curious about how we interact with plants and other animals to expand our consciousness, and how we might inspire others to do the same”

Yes, I love listening to the forest after a hard rain!

The best way I’ve learned so far to interpret the messages I receive from nature is to think in terms of oneness or the one consciousness back of all creation. When I’m not sure of the interpretation I ask myself, “how does this pertain to the lesson?”

When we recognize we are not apart, and truly are one unified whole in expression, others will be inspired naturally by one’s example. <3

Sending you oodles of love!

Love,
      Jennifer

• #6693 Score: 0

Robin
      Participant
      51 votes
      @robin

Thanks, @jenniferl, and you’ve been having quite the run of great comments and questions on #yatu! I also love listening to the rain falling on the forest floor from the branches of high trees. And smelling the lavender with the bumblebees buzzing through it.

Your response made me think of this Shel Silverstein poem, from Where the Sidewalk Ends:

Once I spoke the language of the flowers,
      Once I understood each word the caterpillar said,
      Once I smiled in secret at the gossip of the starlings,
      And share a converation with the housefly
      in my bed.
      Once I heard and answered all the questions
      of the crickets,
      And joined the crying of each falling, dying
      flake of snow,
      Once I spoke the language of the flowers….
      How did it go?
      How did it go?

Thanks for inviting us into that magic place!

• #6695 Score: 0

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hey @robin,

I absolutely talk to the trees and listen to them as well as talk to everything else too and listen. When trying to explain my way of interacting with the world to some other people, I said I am one of the people who can hear the flowers sing.

Susan

• #6551 Score: 1

angoorab
    Participant
    7 votes
    @angoorab

Hello @jenniferl @ziewatt

I’ve enjoyed discussing this topic, it’s helped me remember what I have almost “forgotten”.

I agree with Jennifer, looking back at my childhood, I was the only sibling in my family who was not very good academically. This wasn’t because I didn’t understand “words” it was purely because I learned differently. I learn through “spiritual feeling”, I think the nearest comparison would be “learn through play” rather than reading a text (word) and trying to then understand it.

Teachers don’t teach this way.

Having said that, I wasn’t able to read text and understand it the academic method until my late teens early twenties. I was able to do this because I had no choice but to learn for “survival”. I taught myself how to adjust into this world of academic learning.

Thank you so much for reminding me what I have almost forgotten.

I’m going to try and catch up on DC videos – much love ❤️

• #6554 Score: 1

angoorab
    Participant
    7 votes
    @angoorab

Hello @celia @aurorac @ziewatt @jenniferl @ilianna-deveneau

Ziewatt, your example of the tree, how it connects to the universe and the sun is a great example of symbolic meaning. I should’ve read your post before writing my post earlier.

Are symbolic interpretations of visual concepts, and a human construct?

Celia’s post triggered an old memory. Going back 17 years, I started reading the translation of the Quran. It is written in the old Shakespearean text and had no choice but to rely on “hidden meanings” rather rely on interpretation of words. I decided to disregard all negative words and any interpretations and relied solely on “spiritual guidance” for understanding.

I don’t wear the “headscarf” not even in prayer. Many Muslims would believe this to be a sin because they rely on the use of words and text as ultimate truth.

In my experience I have found that by relying on “spiritual guidance” this leads to “knowing” – one truth, celia had quoted “truth is not lost”.

I think It is in the knowing we should be focused on when reading “text”, rather than look for symbolic meaning. I think symbolic meanings have been created for our worlds academic purposes (human constructs, hence most things are lost in translation and the only truth is in the “knowing”.

Thank you to all, you are helping me with remembering what I have almost forgotten and I am enhancing my learning and developing further – much love ❤️

• #6559 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Hello to all! <3

As I’m reading through everyone’s posts, I enjoy how we all have different ways of describing our experiences with knowing and meaning. I wanted to share a reading from the Gita, as I think it speaks to our discussion.

Bhagavad Gita: 7:4-7

4 The visible forms of my nature are eight: earth, water, fire, air, either; the mind, reason, and the sense of ‘I’.

5 But beyond my visible nature is my invisible Spirit. This is the fountain of life whereby the universe has its being.

6 All things have their life in this Life, and I am their beginning and end.

7 In this whole vast universe there is nothing higher than I. All the worlds have their rest in me, as many pearls upon a string.

Enjoy!

Love and Light,
      JenniferL <3

• #6567 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

Dear @jenniferl @ziewatt @celia @robin @lilianna-deveneau @angoorab

I have now finally caught up with reading these later posts and I want to thank all of you for the kindness and authenticity with which you allow and accept this unveiling of a deeper truth under everyone’s experiences.

I too share your experience of loving and “hearing” trees, of understanding the message of books without even opening them, of realizing that words and things are symbols in Being. It is so beautiful how experiences are of the One even as they appear to be of the many. It would be nice if an animal communicator would join our discussions, I recently stumbled over the work of Anna Breytenbach from South Africa, absolutely fascinating work- impossible to some, fully normal to others.

I also much appreciated everyone’s kindness and excellent advice to help dissolve the impasse experienced by you Angoorab which is a very, very common situation. Actually, I have met so many people in similar situations that some years ago I decided to put together an online program I called Prosperity for Good People, a process meant to help the mind release and allow a more expanded financial possibility. It is a mantra and meditation based program and it might not be for everyone, but you said, Angoorab, that you have difficulties returning to a spiritual practice, so this might help with that. If you want, try it out (there is a trial option) and if it resonates with you let me know, there are a number of free scholarships available.

My gratitude to Deepak and Menas, and to all who are making this satsang possible 🙏 This is how the One remembers its absolute reality behind all relativity.

• #6652 Score: 3

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Good Morning. I have only read part of the posts but wanted to reply. I heard about the elephants who went to the man’s funeral. I do Energy Healing work with animals and people. I also have helped several animals cross over. I talk to the trees and listen to them and to the animals and earth and wind. They give me messages when I pay attention which I am focusing on more and more. A couple of years ago I went on a dolphin boat in Florida. The man said that we might see them (it is a tourist thing where you can see dolphins sometimes) or we might not. Well pretty far into the trip, no dolphins. I was disappointed and decided to call them. So I visualized them swimming and playing including “Flipper” style on their tails and chattering. I asked them to please come and within minutes he said for us to look to the side because there they were. I thanked them and was amazed wondering if they really responded to my call although I know they did. I have called deer to see them and hawks and have had good success with doing healing work with cats, dogs and horses and other animals. You just have to listen and tune in. There are many other examples like hearing a wolf howl that no one else heard when one of the wolves I took care of was dying in my arms. He did’t want to go and was fighting. There were many people there that day and no one heard it. When my cat was very sick 2 years ago before she crossed over, I was frantic and praying and sending energy. It finally occurred to me to work on her picture the same as I would work on her. She had not had a bowel movement in about 4 days. I used her picture I have on my phone. Within about a 1/2 hour or so I called my roommate to check on her and she had pooped. I helped a vulture who appeared to be dying and actually allowed me to pet him (or her, not sure which) and do some healing work. The next morning he had crossed over. I am learning the power of thoughts and intention and the interconnections of everything. The more we get Ego out of our way, the clearer we are. When we know why we came down here and do our job (it took me awhile to listen and believe the messages and visions I was getting) then everything gets easier.

• #6667 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @susan , how wonderful that you heard my call! 🙂 I was inviting an animal communicator and here you are! Thank you!
      All that you describe from your beautiful work with animals I recognize from my work with humans, and I’m so glad that you are strong and clear in your knowing! It’s wonderful that every person who has opened up to the unity of being has work to do and is doing it. That is how the world is being healed right this moment. I’m very grateful for your knowing and for all you do from there. I hope you will continue to connect with us all on the forum and share your insights and questions, that is how we all awaken together!

• #6675 Score: 1

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hi @aurorac,

I am still learning and the biggest issue is keeping ego out of it. Sometimes I have no clue what they are telling me but the more I focus and am calm, the clearer it is. I still work with people too but after decades of that (mostly working with Trauma), it is so much easier usually to work with the animals and less Drama! Except of course when their people get in the way.
      It has taken many years of trying to listen instead of arguing, LOL! I am working to clear myself as much as possible so I can be a clearer channel for G-d and the Light. My ego tends to say I can’t do things rather then that I am “all that” like many people’s egos do.

Does anyone else out there communicate with the other side besides me? I’d be interested in hearing about it. Since it is all energy, our thoughts and the thoughts of those who have crossed over (2 and 4 leggers) comes through too when we are on the right “Radio frequency”. I heard Esther Hicks (teachings of Abraham) call it that. If we are not tuned into the right frequency we can’t hear or see or perceive it. Sometimes what I get (even the many signs that I get in answer to my asking) seem like imagination but I don’t believe in accidents or coincidences. I practice Holistically so everything has to be used and blended.

I don’t have very many people (really only a couple) to talk to about these things because most people seem to think it is too “woo woo”.

Thanks,

Susan

• #6684 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dear Susan and the Forum,

@susan

When I was about 35 I had started having communion with spirit as a result of my natural unfoldment for doing meditation work for so many years. Several years later I had contact with a spirit who stuck with me for a few days. I didn’t know who this was or what the messages were about. It was really confusing. Then I heard one word and it brought it all together: boobies.

Once I heard that word a memory flooded in. I was in junior high and wore my first training bra. While I was at my friend, Cheri’s house (going on 40 years of friendship!) I stood with her mom and uncle. Cheri’s mom looked at my chest and blurted out a little too enthusiastically, “Jenny! Jenny! You got your boobies!.” This was a big deal because Cheri got her first. Uncle and I were both very embarrassed.

Fast forwarding to the moment I heard the word “boobies” in spirit contact, I realized it was Cheri’s uncle. He passed a few years prior of a brain tumor. Once I acknowledged it was him, the messages and love from above came flooding in.

I was compelled to call Cheri and tell her about her Uncle. However, I had never broken the news to her about my abilities. So, the conversation went like, “Are you sitting down? I have something to share with you…I’m a psychic-medium….AND, I have your uncle with me.”

Cheri was elated! And, I continued to give my first ever evidential reading. Now, Cheri and I talk regularly and doors have been opening to me of opportunity.

I hope this helps shine light for you, in that spirit can come through and intervene to help fill the void.

Much love! (this is a condensed version of my first post which wouldn’t go through)
      Jennifer

• #6701 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @susan , you wrote:

I don’t have very many people (really only a couple) to talk to about these things because most people seem to think it is too “woo woo”.

Well… you have come to the right place, Susan… The YATU forum is an awesome place where you’ll meet people who have discovered awesome truths and possibilities! In my physical environment I am used to keeping my mouth shut about these things, or opening it only with those who ask, or, a more recent experiment, to ignite fervent discussions with those academic minds that lead the collective dialogue of this society. So for me too, YATU is like taking a deep breath and being able to talk with “normal” people 🙂

I giggled reading about how you gave up working with humans for working with animals. I’m a bit like that too, I lovingly call it lazy. In later years, I find myself preferring to work with children instead of adults, for oh how adults hold on to problems!

I hear you about ego being that which insists on impossibility. But hey – all you needed to do is express the wish to discuss what you called “communication with the other side” and right away someone appeared!

@jenniferl I absolutely loved your “boobs story” (reply 6684 for those who’d like to read it), it just shows that humor is a trait of universal awareness. I’ve always been so fascinated by humor, for I know my Self to have a fabulous sense of humor, so I have wondered what that really is. In spiritual literature all other kinds of traits are discussed, but I haven’t heard anyone discuss humor, except maybe Deepak in “Why Is God Laughing”. Consciousness not only experiences and knows itself… it also tricks itself and laughs at itself!

@angoorab , I’m still laughing as I’m thinking at what you wrote, that you don’t always feel like a good person. I could go on and on about this subject, but in the silence behind all my words and thought structures, good and bad are not yet created, and so… I shrug, chuckle … and go on playing 🙂 Today, my character in the movie is alllll gooood! 🙂

Thanking you all for making this thread and forum so alive, real, and beautiful – Susan, Angoora, Jennifer, @lilianna-deveneau , @celia , @robin , @ziewatt , @elena , @deepesh , @elviragherman , @vikram-chauhan, @derek-whitney , @stevecostello @lindzyb and of course, Deepak and Menas.
      To all those who are silently reading – don’t be shy, come tell us what else there is to know, experience and wonder about!

• #6687 Score: 2

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

@aurora !

Sending you love for bringing us all together! <3

Much gratitude,
      Jennifer

• #6696 Score: 1

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hey @jenniferl,

I don’t know if I posted this or not but I had a Medium experience the other day. My ego is still getting me to 2nd guess but I am doing better with that. I did get confirmation from the friend I gave the messages to. I tend to get a lot of messages in the car. I also have had visions for years (before I knew what they were) and dreams that family on the other side have come into and my cat and other past pets have come into too, that kind of thing. I am also careful who I tell this to. It happens spontaneously and once I was told to give a message to 2 little girls at a Pow Wow who were strangers. The following year I had validation because I thought I had made it up. I still ask for confirmation sometimes. Luckily I have friends who are Mediums and they have told me to listen to what I get and pass it on without 2nd guessing or wondering if I am making it up.

Neat experience you related!

Susan

• #6703 Score: 2

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hey @aurorac,

How do we send a question directly to the authors? Thanks to everyone who is giving us a chance to use our voices!

I still work with people but animals are easier usually (not Smitty cat this AM though, LOL! He is VERY loud and keeps wanting attention which is typical of him and makes it hard for me to concentrate). I have not read the book, I am in the middle of so many other books but have read many other things he wrote.

I saw someone wrote something about truth. I keep reminding myself that Truth Is Truth even if others refuse to believe it. Working through some family stuff and several of them “Rewrite history” to suit their own egos and inability or unwillingness to move forward.

Do any of you know about your past lives and your purpose now in this life? I am also working on clearing past life “stuff” along with this life “stuff” so that I can be a clearer channel to do G-d’s work. I tend to be very introverted but wish there were more people in person to discuss all of this with. It seems that people are so “busy” and caught up in their own lives. I would much rather be discussing the nature of the universe and why we are here and how everything works and the many realities that are happening at the same time so that we can access and experience what we want, more Quantum Physics and Metaphysical like Angels and such ( I am an idealistic dreamer) then discussing physical things like what is on TV and how well the car is working and who is messing with who, although I know that is part of life too. Frankly, withdrawing from most of the world (especially the loud political arguments) is much more peaceful. I have always been odd man out, not fitting in most places and have almost stopped trying. Maybe I am not meant to fit in. Based on what I know of some of my past lives and why I am here at this time, it makes sense that I am different. But different is also lonely sometimes.

I think in pictures and it can be a challenge to find the right words. Sometimes it feels like I am speaking Greek!

Susan

• #6705 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hi Susan, you ask how to post questions to the authors.

Here it is: How to Submit a Question to the Authors. In short- click on “The Forum” in the page menu to see the 3 different subforums: Book Chapters, From the Authors and Support and Announcements. Go to Book Chapters and choose the chapter your question addresses, or the first chapter if it’s a general Q. There, post a topic with your question, remembering to use @question somewhere in your text (not the title), so that we in the moderation team notice it and can place it on the waiting list.

About your other questions: yes, I have witnessed many incarnations and am very clear about my purpose in this one. I’m as “different” as you are, compared to mundanely inclined people, and have felt all the things you mention when trying to relate that way. It just doesn’t work for me, I feel like I’m totally losing my time, and I guess I am 🙂 Unless I connect with people like you all here, or my students and clients who have understood that the truth is relative and there is a Truth to be found. I’d like to assure you that as someone who looks deeper, you DO fit in, and much better than those who know only about the surface of life. Also, Menas speaks Greek, haha… and if/when you read the book, you too might enjoy the exquisite philosophical perspective he adds from that background.

• #6728 Score: 0

krista
      Participant
      24 votes
      @krista

Dear @susan and @aurorac,

Hi Susan, You asked about past lives and our purpose here now. Here’s my perspective on our purpose, and below that, you both have inspired a poem about past lives.

Our collective purpose
      While here on this planet
      Is to love each other
      The act of love
      Brings to fruition
      The object of love

++++++++++++++++++++

Past Lives

On reflection of my life
      I start here
      Where I am now

According to the Bible,
      If the creation story holds true
      Which it will,
      We can all trace our line
      Back to the garden
      To Adam and Eve
      The first man and first woman
      The only two never born
      And these two are one

But further back
      Before Eve
      There was only Adam
      Yet she was with him
      A part of him
      A rib, some say

So she was present
      With him
      Before she was taken from him
      And made to appear
      Separate from him

Before that
      There was no Adam
      Only the dust of the ground
      Out of which the man was formed
      And became a living soul
      After receiving the breath of life

Before that there was light

Before that there was
      Heaven and earth
      And God who created them
      What is seen and what is not
      The form and the formless
      The particle and the wave
      Everything and nothing
      And these two are one

And between the creation
      Of heaven and earth
      And the light
      Was the spirit of God
      She who was with him
      In the beginning
      Before the dividing time
      And that is where we are now

Genesis 1:2
      “The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.”

Let me know what you think. Love my cosmic family!

Krista

• #6734 Score: 1

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hey @krista and @aurorac,

Interesting poem! I know some of my past lives. I also a few weeks ago got a Past Lives oracle deck that has been interesting to use. I know my purpose now that I started listening better a few years ago.

I think past issues can influence the now if they are not cleared and definitely we meet people now that we knew before.

Anyone else have that experience besides me?

Susan

• #6769 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @krista , I loved the way you put your story of creation in verse 🙂 You seem to always speak in poetry… And of course, the part I absolutely loved, where I smiled with you, I’m sure, was this:

“Before the dividing time
      And that is where we are now”

We ARE in the eternal now which is beyond the mind’s realm of time and stories 🙂 That is where it all comes from, haha…

Dear @susan , yes past lives. They are so fascinating, these memories, and it is so special, isn’t it, to meet someone whom you’ve met before. Still, as Krista puts it… before dividing time is where we are now. I came to realize that all the stories of past lives are simply lingering, repetitive experiences of self-interaction in this one cosmic being. Most often, they come with a flavor, a certain type of experience that we can’t have enough of, either because we like it so much that we crave it, or because we dislike it a lot, but don’t know how to let go. As I see it, experience is at its best when it is freely chosen 🙂 What do you think of that?

• #6569 Score: 2

elviragherman
    Participant
    5 votes
    @elviragherman

Cerainly,thoughts can influence reality,but more so than,the thoughts can even change the reality.In fact,what is the reality?Is awarness of activity of thoughts arises in awarness .So,we need to be carefuly about what we think.We must also keep in mind,that inner growth changes our reality!

• #6572 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @elviragherman , a warm welcome to the forum! Thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate them and I understand that you have chosen them carefully! 🙂 Am looking forward to more!

• #6707 Score: 1

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

@aurorac

Hey Aurora,

I hope I sent the question right. I put it under something you wrote for the book chapters and put @question.

I would much rather dive deep then live on the surface even though most people don’t get it. I have always been like that I think but didn’t understand what it was. I have been setting intentions for some time for my “tribe” and am always grateful when they show up!

There is so much going on, on so many levels and so much to discuss!

My biggest issue is living in a human body. Most of the people I know who are reaching for spiritual are trying to remember they are spiritual in a human body and how to tune into that. I (of course I have to be different, LOL!) am learning to live in a human body with all of its issues when I don’t feel at home in it or in this world. When I learned about Life Path numbers things made more sense. My ongoing frustration is all the people who are so into this world and don’t have a clue or care about anything deeper. I am always more interested in the deeper. What a balancing act!

Thanks,

Susan

• #6720 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @susan , if you used @question then I’m sure I caught it! 🙂 Thanks for sending in your questions, they are the fuel for everyone’s growth! Here is more info if you want to know How to Submit a Question to the Authors

Reading your post, I am thinking that the spiritual journey starts where we are, and for most people, it is the place of identification with the body. That was my position too once upon a time, I was as conditioned as most people, at least mentally, even if I never quite resonated. From there, we first need to “reach up” so to say, discover the direction we need to move and the “height” of our true, transcendent self, and then, just like you describe, we need to go back down and discover how to live as incarnated spirit. That is also part of the journey to complete self-understanding, as I see it. First we discover who we truly are, then we understand how to create subtle and gross layers from sanity and not from the insane point of view of separation. I agree that it is a challenge, as we challenge not only our personal point of view, but everyone else’s 🙂 But what else can we do? It’s impossible to think and do things in the same old way, isn’t it? 🙂

• #6575 Score: 1

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

Hi @Aurora , the Elephant Whisperer as well. Lawrence Anthony who died a short while back. Just looked up at his book on my book shelf. Yes it is very normal if you live in this part of the world. Wild animals are perfectly in sync. Predators don’t hunt for sport they hunt to eat. In that way humans are far more savage and yet more vulnerable. If you go to a game reserve, a common viewing spot is a water hole. Predators and prey will drink at the same time. The prey know when they will be hunted and move on quickly, otherwise they all coexist. Humans have no idea how to coexist with animals. As a species we are more fearful than those at the bottom of the food chain. You won’t see a human chilling at a water hole with a lion or leopard and if they did they would more than likely become cub food even with a silly little gun 🙂 All those pictures people see online of those hero’s who hunt lions… those are tame lions raised on farms, and even drugged first so tourist trophy hunters can act like heros. There is no match. It is what happens when you fall out of sync. In some ways you could say that we are actually the most vulnerable species on earth, constantly living and acting from fear. Whether or not we are taking over their territory and killing them off in that way is immaterial… they’re fully alive… sometimes we as a species just act like soulless shadows… with no idea who we are. I’d hardly call being human having a privileged position on this planet… I think that is a delusion.

• #6721 Score: 2

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hi @aurorac,

I don’t think I have ever believed what anyone else has believed and although I only remember small pieces of my childhood and early to mid teen years, I know I didn’t fit in. I was always asking “why?” from the time I was little. I am starting to realize the magnitude of the false messages I was given by other people especially family. These were about me (and they were so wrong), about others and as my dad used to say all the time “These are the facts of life!” Well, they may have been his facts but not mine!

I remember saying things at a young age most kids don’t and not being understood, noticing discrepancies in the way people acted as opposed to what they were really feeling. I didn’t know then what an Empath was but it makes more sense now.

As I try to put the pieces together and keep healing on deeper levels, it has been a challenge to try to deal with others in human bodies. I keep hearing people talk about how most others are selfish and I point out the many people who are kind and loving. However, I am noticing more people that indeed are selfish and self absorbed. Maybe being idealistic and always wanting to see the best in everyone, I was in denial. It amazes me how many people insist that the world is horrible and others are mean and low. That is one reason I avoid a lot of people.

This body that I am in has a lot of physical challenges and is another reason it is difficult to stay in it. I do a lot of energy and holistic work but usually concentrated it on everyone else. Having to concentrate on me now and it feels strange to do that.

You do have to start where others are so that you can try to lift them up if (and sometimes it is a HUGE IF) they want to be lifted up.

Have you ever had an aura picture taken? I think I saw on your profile that you live in Sweden. Aren’t they more progressive there?

Take Care,

Susan

• #6765 Score: 2

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hi @susan !

I do understand that you feel that you had a deeper perspective than most people from the start, but actually, any and all of the concepts you use (people, planet, table, food) are constructs created by human awareness as a whole. The entire world we perceive is a collective construct, and it helps to remember this to prevent the ego from increasing the sense of separation and dragging us into even more pain.

The thing is that people are like all people are… in all ways! We all have the capacity to be anything from saintly to ego-monsters. Each person expresses some degree of both I guess. Real peace is not to be found in imagining that all people are good, but in realizing that what we all are is beyond right/wrong good/bad altogether. What we all appear to be is mind-creations in the one universal mind which is our true identity. We are not the persons, regardless if they appear to be saints or sinners. We are that, which holds all people and everything else within itself, consciousness itself. Only from here can we forgive every person, including our own, for all the thoughts, feelings and actions that are less than aware, loving, nourishing, intelligent, constructive, etc. The more separated we imagine ourselves to be from everyone and everything else, the more we will think, feel and act in self-damaging ways.

I know without a shadow of a doubt that the only perspective that needs to expand when things seem problematic is the one we are looking from at the moment. It’s never up to others, because “others” (and we as separate from them) is simply an idea in the undivided consciousness that is and always has been the true identity.

To answer your question, no, I haven’t had my aura pic taken, but I know both this person’s and other people’s energy field very clearly if I intend to, as even the energy field is not separated. It is a good way to notice if the illusion of ego has constricted the view in some way, causing pain and heaviness, as it does in many of its regions called “us” 🙂 Sorry for maybe sounding strange, it’s not easy to use language as it is usually understood to express the view of wholeness. In any case, from wholeness we can invite our own consciousness to let go of the illusions of separation- superiority, inferiority, rightness, wrongness, and so on. All that is simply experience arising in the one consciousness.

Sending love and wishing you a wonderful day! 🙂

• #6777 Score: 1

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hi @aurorac,

Thank you for your replies. I must not have explained myself very well. I know that all people are good, pure positive love energy because we are all part of G-d. People choose which way to act. I am not putting myself above anyone else thinking I understand more, I just understand differently according to what has been revealed to me.

The thing about past lives is that understanding them can help in clearing energy stuck in the cellular memory.

The question about Aura photos was because I found the results interesting.

Everyone is here for a different purpose and we can all learn from each other.

Have a great day.

Susan

• #6778 Score: 2

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @susan , I think you explained very well, and I thank you for that!

But I’m going all the way, you see. What I’m trying to say is this: as soon as we say “I” and mean a person… well, we have already placed the self in some position which is different from other positions, and so more/less this or that quality than what we then call “others”. You see what I mean? From that level, it is impossible to be equal, because there are no two equal blades of grass in the relative world. Each “person” is an expression of different degrees of qualities of consciousness. But the thing is that any “person” is not even a static construct, but a continuously shifting creation …. of and within consciousness! 🙂

At some point, the one consciousness (on this forum we can call it “the universe”) realizes that the construct “Aurora” “Susan” and so on are not reality. Reality is the consciousness which constructs and observes them from beyond timespace, or what sometimes is called the eternal now. From there, even past lives are stories, and if you look at it, what is stuck is awareness 🙂 Awareness gets stuck in identifying with this or that experience, just as it does when it is stuck with qualities like good or bad.

To put it another way, there are not many, but one – when it comes to both people and moments. The many are simply ideas, experiences, sensations in the one.

• #6576 Score: 1

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

I think perhaps this is where intention comes into play. In communication. Just some thoughts but for example a little over a month ago two of my cats were bitten by the same black mamba (they didn’t die, I wouldn’t tell it if it was a sad story). My gardener called me but no one intervened because we would have the situation worse. Their best chance of survival (and our own) was to let this take it’s course. Black mambas are the only snakes out in my area at the moment as we are going into winter and it is their breeding season. Anyway, my domestic cats are very domestic. They jump up and hang on door handles to open doors, they are very reliant on the comforts of domestic life. They would not intentionally try and harm a snake. They like their food from tin and refuse to eat anything else… they were not playing predator. How do I know that? Because although the black mamba is the most dangerous snake in Africa and can take down a human in minutes (it is unlikely an individual would survive a bite) it was not phased by my two cats. It bit them both on the nose and went on it’s way. They were left with bite marks but the mamba did not inject venom. Had we unconsciously intervened my cats would have been dead in minutes. Even domestic animals are more in sync than we are. Had my cats posed a threat, gone into predator mode, “the predator would have become the prey”. Down to their intention?

• #6602 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Celia, thank you for telling us about the Elephant Whisperer, I had not heard about him before. It was great to read your stories, the magnificent sounds, smells, visions of Africa came pouring in through my screen! Here in Europe I have experienced wild squirrels, deer, foxes, moose, wolves and even lynxes, but hey… never a black mamba! Still, you brought one to my world and now I have it as an experience almost as vivid as the one that comes through the eyes. Thank you! 🙂

I do think you are right, that intention and being attuned are important for harmonious flow together with all species and forms of life. But I don’t see humans as powerless- only those humans who are unaware of the unity of all life and their identity as that which holds it all within itself. Which is probably the majority of humans 🙂

But still, here we are interested in the exceptions which we are all beginning to be. I admire animal communicators for showing us the way to expanding consciousness even in this direction. We all have this capacity and can surely develop it the more self-awareness we gain.

• #6605 Score: 3

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

Hi @aurorac

I agree with you. I don’t see humans as powerless I do believe that the bulk of us as a species behave that way.

With regards to his story it is actually a phenomenal. He was a local here who saved a herd of elephants who were terrified of humans and so extremely violent. He wrote the book about his journey just to educate the locals here in KwaZulu-Natal but he sold millions of copies as far as I know. What was so phenomenal was the distance the elephants traveled to hold a vigil at his house when he passed away. They stayed for two days and it made headlines around the country and even other African countries for months because it has never occurred before that we know of, that a man was mourned by elephants as if he was an elephant. In fact even witnessing elephants mourning is a rare sight. Not only that but the fact that no one can explain how they knew he had died. His funeral was held here at our soccer stadium in Durban and was a huge event with many leaders & public figures. Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi even attended and he is the only leader left in South Africa to hold the same prestige as Nelson Mandela. He is South Africa’s most respected leader (although you can’t find that on google). He was not considered a celebrity by any form of the word, just a simple man whose status was elevated by these elephants. People are often so taken by Hollywood imagination that they are so unimpressed with the magic of living. There is no reverence. So many fictional stories and characters have been expressed through that medium that I am unsure if people could understand the magnitude of such an event.

• #6630 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Thank you @celia , I know the story but I didn’t know the name of the man. Still- the story gains even more power told by you through the lens of your closeness to the event. I can truly feel how consciousness shifted in all people there through this experience. Very powerful indeed! Thank you so much, if you ever feel like adding images to your stories from beautiful Africa I’m sure everyone will enjoy very much! (How to Post Images on Yatu)

• #6688 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

@celia ,

I was moved by your post about the elephants. It makes me think of the souls of animals and what they are capable of. We, humans, tend to look at the surface of things and think we know, but within every animal are the seeds of the whole of creation (YATU!). And, when the requirements for attainment of spiritual abilities are met, such as altruistic intent, what can prevent animals from performing their own miracles?

Much appreciation for coming together on this forum!

Love,
      Jennifer

• #6644 Score: 2

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

@aurorac Yes I think you are on the mark. Ah thanks for the heads up on the images. I will post some. Im off to Kenya soon too for a course with the UN. There is this awesome place on my bucketlist that I want to tick off while Im there. Girafre Manor just outside Nairobi.

• #6666 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

You mean one of these @celia ?

Have a great time at the Giraffe Manor and don’t forget who you are! 🙂

• #6650 Score: 0

Celia
    Participant
    21 votes
    @celia

*Giraffe hahah

• #6660 Score: 1

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

Hi YATU members,

I hope this finds each of you buzzing with light, love, and joy!!
    @angoorab, you are most welcome, and thank YOU for the hugs!! 😀 😀 You ran across my mind yesterday and I gave you a few more; I am smiling ear to ear right now to see this!! I love that you experienced so much freedom and choice in your upbringing. Invariably, that led you here to us, for which I’m most grateful! And thank you for your visualization of yoga postures creating specific vibrations; that made its importance not only clear, but I could almost HEAR something in my mind clicking and locking into place! I’ve been working on clearing my life (mind, body, and spirit) of old, negative constructs and replacing them with positive ones. (*Replacing them is key! Otherwise our subconscious will fill these pockets with more of the same and give us another try, and another until we pass our test!) Finally making the transition from “no red meat, and avoid all others whenever possible” to “no way, I’m not buying that” is a recent example, a personal journey @aurorac has helped me with, however unknowing. Thanks so much, Aurora!! 😀

@ziewatt, thanks for sharing your tool! I appreciated how clearly you laid out your process for sifting past our emotions to the root of what’s causing those or specific actions to discover why and how that past experience is still shaping your reality now, which ultimately allows you to let that old belief float away; I imagined a balloon when reading it. For me, journaling is a great way for me to both express my emotions at the time, and document what I can reflect upon as old habits later, after having reread my entries. This has led to some invaluable insights; may it be of benefit! I encourage everyone, myself included, to keep trying positive outlets until you find what works for you: meditation, running, nature walks, swimming, yoga, praying, dancing, singing, etc.

Angoorab, when you said your MPs were in charge of “whether you live or die,” that made me so sad! I encourage you to reflect on that, and see if there are old thought patterns coming up for you when you do so. I know the struggle of someone else having control of most of your resources, and how scary it feels. Of course that upholds negative beliefs, right?! Yet we both know that feeling of freedom, and it’s within each of us, burning its way to the surface. I’ve found that when I allow my mind some space and ask the universe to help me solve the problem, I am amazed at the clarity, sense, and often speed of the response! The universe reflects back to us what vibration we create, as you mentioned about yoga; use this to better your life. Use this to create a better universe for yourself!! 😀 😀 Perhaps start with making a list of all the things you want. Be bold! Put it all out there!! Trust in the universe, as difficult as that may be sometimes!!, and the universe will always show up for you. And remember, you’re not alone! We’re all connected; we are one! I LOVE the idea of shifting your vocabulary to reflect this positive state!! 😀 As you mention, words are created. It’s the feeling behind what you say, the energy, that’s really being translated. As @jenniferl discusses, at our core, that is our common language, where intuition and language reduce to a force each of us can inherently understand; sometimes we just need practice “speaking” this way! 🙂 Jennifer, I love the life symbols view! Thanks for sharing!!

And yes, Angoorab, Celia’s “truth is not lost” statement rings true for me also on so many levels! Thanks for sharing your insight on the Quran and headscarf. I love hearing people’s stories!! We are such fascinating creatures!! 😀

@susan, thank you for sharing your awesome animal spiritual encounters!! Wow. Very touching!! I will definitely be setting more intentions!! I have always sought spiritual refuge in animals, so it worked out well that I was raised on a farm! From the time I was about 4, I was “the family vet.” I went through high school and applied for colleges with this goal in mind. I can feel their pain, I want the very best for them, I am so grateful for these creatures. One day, as I’ve shared elsewhere on this forum, I awoke from my bed and almost took a back seat as I felt and saw and almost watched myself walk down the stairs and go outside where my landlord, the department chair of communications, was planting some flowers. I asked him if he could get me in some of his classes, as I just switched my major (literally!). His face lit up and he heartily encouraged me to come by his office and he’d get me all set. I went back up to my room and sat on my bed, my service yorkie at my side. What had just happened?! A voice within told me, “Don’t be a vet. You’re supposed to help people, not [only] animals. Don’t be a vet.” It was wild. Interacting with animals is still a big part of my daily routine, and I say hello to all the little creatures that cross my path, from snails, birds, and butterflies to bears and eagles. I don’t “hear” them reply, though my heart feels it!

@elviragherman, I love your post! 😀 You are so right! Welcome, and thanks for joining us!! 😀 Aurora, thanks for your link; I love how creative your site allows people to be!! Fantastic!!

Celia, thanks for sharing about these hunting farms; they are a cruel and unnecessary reality. I also agree with your point that we act more vulnerable than those lowest on the food chain! I know each of us changing that, from our awareness to our participation in this forum!! We are creating a new, brighter, more fair and beautiful world!! Let’s keep it up!! 😀 😀 And about your cats, I’m so glad they’re alright, and how intriguing is your point?! Love it! Thanks for sharing about the Elephant Whisperer, also!! And enjoy Giraffe Manor and your UN course; they both sound amazing! That giraffe house is on my bucket list also! Haha!!

Let us marvel in the miracle of our Oneness!!

Light and love to all,
    Lili

• #6698 Score: 1

angoorab
    Participant
    7 votes
    @angoorab

Hello all, I have been a little preoccupied with other commitments and have managed to get my ex employer off my back temporarily without my MP’s help once again. Anyhow I am trying to catch up on posts, I have missed so many wonderful experiences and stories. Thank you for sharing 🙂

Thank you for the opportunity of “prosperity for good people” program @aurora , It sounds like something I maybe interested in (However I don’t always feel like a ‘good person’ at times LOL), as I am finding it very difficult returning to spiritual rituals and yoga practices ‘alone’ this time.

I agree with both Aurora and @celia , we humans are not powerless, however we are also not privileged, we rely too much on social conditioning and I believe we have forgotten our animal instincts. I don’t know much about the animal kingdom, and their behaviours, including insects. The first time I noticed strange behaviours from other species other than humans was on my first day at the Buddhist centre, we practiced some meditating and then during our break as I was walking towards to lavatory a Buddhist said “look” pointed to the ants and I jumped over them. Hundreds of ant’s appeared from nowhere. On my way back to the meditating room the ants had vanished within minutes. This unusual event made me research into ants and I have ‘discovered’ that we humans are not so different in the way that humans have created the world of ‘superiority’, ‘leadership’ and general ‘workforce’. We are learning from the animal and insect kingdoms, maybe we are not so intelligent after all?

celia I’m glad your cats are okay 🙂

@lilianna-deveneau I think there are some old though patterns that arise when having to deal with MP’s and my ex-employer. They only seem to change when I pray, when I can get myself into “SPIRITUAL MODE”, only then am I free from old thoughts and able to think clearly without prejudice or judgments of old thoughts. This is something I am very aware of and aware that I need to be practicing more yoga and spiritual rituals. Thank you for your input, it has been appreciated 🙂

@susan I thought I was psychic, and nowhere near your psychic abilities. I am a ‘dreamer’, I dream the present/future. I have never predicted world events or other peoples future, my abilities only stretch to those I know, family and friends.

It was last December I dreamed of a tornado and I was travelling on a coach, the coach stopped, I had to get out and find a safe place. I was looking for a tree, this woman stopped me and told me I didn’t need the tree, I carried on looking for the tree. I didn’t find the tree but a phone appeared in my hand, my late father was on the other end of the phone asking if my mother was okay. I thought he was talking about my mother, so I said yes mom is fine. Shortly after I woke up. I was concerned that something may happen to my mother, the message wasn’t about my mother, about a week later, we received a phone call from half brother that their mother was in hospital and that she wasn’t going to survive, she passed away on Christmas day. My interpretation is that the other side, every now and then sends me messages. I’m not very good at knowing what they mean straight away.

I have conversations with spirits on the other side, I sometimes have conversations with world leaders in my dreams. I don’t always remember the conversations for this reason I choose to forget about my dreams and just focus on being in the present.

very interesting subject! 🙂

It was lovely reading everyone’s posts, enlightening experience 🙂

Angoora

• #6704 Score: 0

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hi @angoorab,

I don’t predict world events or other people’s futures. I don’t think I would want to, LOL!

We are all psychic, we just have to practice and trust.

Susan

• #6735 Score: 0

Susan
    Participant
    27 votes
    @susan

Hello everyone.

So, I am interested in other people’s experience with the following:

I have several family members who rewrite the past. They then use their stories (of Victim thinking and Martyr thinking which are flip sides of the same coin) to justify their anger and bitterness. Of course this is influencing reality with the thoughts.

Thanks,

Susan

• #6736 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Hello, Forum!

@aurorac I’m glad my post about the boobs was entertaining! I have also found that the “universe” has an amazing sense of humor; and, to add to this, when messages come through, healing occurs across timelines, and are specific as well as universal. Let me explain what I mean, as this also answers @susan ‘s inquiry about past lives.

Rather than thinking in terms of the past, I think more in terms of the energies in the present because that is where I hold my awareness (ideally). However, I had an experience which I call, Renaissance Man. The name comes from the period I believe, so far, my experience happened.

Recently, I was lying in bed and had a spirit helper with me on the inner planes. I’ll call this person George. While I was in communion with George, I had a vision open up from the past, simultaneously. In this vision, I saw myself as a middle-aged nurse/maid/mistress with a very handsome fiancé. We were in love with each other when suddenly, he died. I was devastated! From what I could see so far, he was a soldier and died of a wound infection. As I lied in bed with this vision of the Renaissance Man one the one hand, and my contact with George, on the other hand, I started to feel mourning and loss as if I was re-experiencing the death of my fiancé.

After a few moments of tears, I remembered that George was my Renaissance soldier. George, my spirit helper and Renaissance soldier/fiancé from the past, wasn’t dead. He was still with me! He was right beside me!

The awareness of George’s living presence closed a chasm deep within me, and it felt as if it occurred as myself today and the self I saw as the Renaissance woman in the past. I realized I had carried a burden all my life without recognizing it. The burden included feelings of loss, separation, and abandonment as a result of someone close to me dying. I experienced an energetic healing with the realization, “He’s not dead. I still have him with me.” The burden of loss was lifted, at least at that moment. My tears dried and I was overjoyed with the realization of his presence across all times.

I believe we’re given experiences or qualia to help us remember, that is to member again. This experience also affirmed for me how thoughts influence reality, which includes a much greater reality than the purely physical one, as I was able to heal from past trauma with a new and more inclusive thought of George’s presence in the here and Now.

All insights are appreciated!

Love, light, and blessings,
      Jennifer

• #6741 Score: 1

Robin
      Participant
      51 votes
      @robin

Hi @jenniferl,
      So much about your post here that resonates with me. As you may have seen in my previous posts, I have written a teen time travel adventure novel (part of a series), Edge of Yesterday, that is about a science-smart girl, Charley Morton, who finds Leonardo da Vinci’s plans for a time machine, and decides to build Leonardo’s design for the middle school science fair only to find herself accidentally winging her way back 500 years across 6 time zones to come face-to-face with her Renaissance idol, Leonardo. In the second book in the series (spoiler alert!) she meets a peasant girl close to her age, Elisabetta, (who reminds Charley suspiciously of her best friend at home, Beth) who is betrothed to an old man, but whose lover is a young nobleman and aide-de-camp to the di Medici cardinal who will later become pope. (Charley is more shocked about her affiance with the old guy than her affair with this dashing young soldier).

It reminds me of your past-life experience. It is so wonderful that you were able to heal that missing piece of your experiences out of time. I, too, have had many past-life experiences. I find them healing on one level, as well, but more, they seem to me to be guides to explaining who I am and why I am guided to the purposes I’ve found in my present incarnation.

But having written of time travel, and experienced it, I do believe that all those experiences are also going on concurrently. So by healing your past life, you can benefit from wholeness in the present, but I also believe you held the mourning that the Renaissance girl you describe was unable to express and allow her to heal as well.

I am currently at this amazing place, Chautauqua, in upstate NY (you can look it up) where I’ve just attended a talk on dreaming with William Bulkeley, a dream scholar. (Search for an article about his work in The Atlantic, April 2016–I would post these links, but my latest posts here have been unexpectedly held up for including too many outlinks. Sorry @aurorac!) I believe, as @deepakchopra has said, that dreams are often truer touchstones for reality than what we call “real life.”

I wonder what richness–healing, learning, or guidance–others in our forum have gained through dreams, time travel and/or past- and future-life experiences?

• #6751 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Hello, Robin!

@robin, I really appreciate your response to my post. You said the following:

But having written of time travel, and experienced it, I do believe that all those experiences are also going on concurrently. So by healing your past life, you can benefit from wholeness in the present, but I also believe you held the mourning that the Renaissance girl you describe was unable to express and allow her to heal as well.

Yes! The concurrent experience of it is what I was trying to convey and why I don’t necessarily think in terms of the past, but rather the Now, where these experiences seem to occur. Healing vibes shared between two people…maybe we can start a discussion on harmonics, vibrations, oneness, quantum entanglement, mirror neurons…

Past life and other spiritual experiences such as these are sometimes difficult to describe in plain language. I often turn to poetry or esoteric terminology to explain the concepts, but direct experiences and well-documented evidence for the subjective realities go a long way to help us all come to grips with our greater reality. Having said that, I greatly appreciate your shared experiences which I’m sure helped with the writing of your time-travel novel series! Blessings to you on your recent book!

Looking forward to more responses to our discussion!

Love,
      Jennifer

• #6767 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @robin , sorry for your post being stopped for including more than one link, it’s the spam block software and believe me, we’re all grateful to have that 🙂 If you want to post more links than one either post several replies, or include a mention to me in the post with a request to un-spam your message, and I will do so as soon as possible. Lots of love!

• #6768 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

@jenniferl , your Renaissance Man story is a beautiful example of healing an old wound of separation, thank you for sharing! I agree with you, every time such a misunderstanding is let go of, Being is relieved. Even that pain was an illusion…
      Nice, very nice 🙂 Let’s keep re-membering! 🙂

• #6739 Score: 3

Susmita
    Participant
    6 votes
    @susmita

Dear Friends my first visit and post here.

Authors Ask: Do Thoughts Influence Reality?
    Yes they do seem to impact reality, particularly the material world of forms and ideas.

@question Do feelings Influence Reality?

I do not see much dialogue or clarity on that. There is a deeper dimension of reality (the tone or vibrational mood so to speak) that is affected by feeling and emotions. We do overthink, judge and reason to compensate for not having to feel especially unpleasant painful things. Any feeling or thoughts on that?

Peace
    @Susmita-Barua

• #6752 Score: 2

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dear @susmita ,

I love that you asked that question! I believe it’s the totality of our being which influences reality, whether we are conscious of it or not. The goal may be continuity of every thought, feeling, act. What unifies these three into a functioning whole?

Here’s a reading from the Tao to bring it home for us:

Tao Twenty-Five

Something mysteriously formed,
      Born before heaven and earth.
      In the silence and the void,
      Standing alone and unchanging,
      Ever present and in motion.
      Perhaps it is the mother of ten thousand things.
      I do not know its name.
      Call it Tao.
      For lack of a better word, I call it great.

Welcome to the forum!
      Love,
      Jennifer

• #6808 Score: 0

Susmita
      Participant
      6 votes
      @susmita

Do Feelings influence Realit?

@jenniferl Thank you for your welcome and response Jennifer and the beautiful quote from Tao. I ask that question because ‘Love’ is a feeling or sweet emotion when we feel connected to ‘all that is’. There are generally two kind of thoughts, one driven by survival fear, suspicion and paranoia and other by generosity and goodwill of heart. On a daily basis both kinds of thoughts may cross our mind. Then it takes mindfulness to register what we are focusing, feeding and dwelling on. Feelings tell us our state of consciousness, but humanity is still to learn the use of feeling as our guidance or inner GPS system. There has been an overemphasis on thinking, rational brain and so these two sides thinking and feeling (not sure if right and left brain describes it well) need to be developed equally or in harmony with each other.

Where could humanity evolve to be if we can consciously cultivate the energies of love and compassion in our day to day living! I feel genuine humility (as opposed to ‘hubris’) is based on these unbounded feeling states.

“all streams flow to the sea because it is lower than they are. humility gives it its power. if you want to govern the people, you must place yourself below them. if you want to lead the people, you must learn how to follow them.”

― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Peace @susmita

• #6811 Score: 0

krista
      Participant
      24 votes
      @krista

Dear @susmita
      Thanks for sharing! Love the Lao Tzu poem too, so true.

Until we see
      Our true Self
      We are not humbled

Much love, Krista

• #6763 Score: 2

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @susmita , I’d like to join @jenniferl in welcoming you to the forum! 🙂 Thank you for your question, it will be very interesting to hear the view of the authors!

I am right now working on a program detailing among other things, the nature of feelings. In short, feelings are the “color”, “taste” or, yes… subjective “feeling” of the thought energy created by experience and its interpretation. Our Prana (life force) moves through these filters of emotion on its way to manifesting the physical layer. So yes, absolutely, feelings influence the physical aspect (not reality, as reality is awareness itself, which is not even touched by all this). Does this make sense to you?

• #6809 Score: 1

Susmita
      Participant
      6 votes
      @susmita

Do Feelings Influence Reality?

Thank you @aurorac for your welcoming response. I will be curious to know more about your research on feelings. To say that the Reality of Awareness is totally apart from the world of thoughts and feelings would be to create separation again. If primordial Awareness is like a clear mirror then it is showing us the result of our own creation through thoughts, feelings, speech and action. The void (emptiness) is where all separation of polarities and subject-object barrier vanish or disappear and new (enlightened) life force is infused into our physical reality of being and becoming, if that makes sense. Reality is the unbounded ‘Whole’ of existence.

Joyfully
      @susmita

Ps. wish there was an editing function to edit typos and words. Also not sure if ‘reply’ is posting directly under your response.

• #6863 Score: 0