Authors Ask: Do We Live in a Participatory Universe?

///Authors Ask: Do We Live in a Participatory Universe?

This topic contains 83 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  JenniferL 4 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Authors Ask

Dear Readers of You Are the Universe,

This time, we, the authors, have a question for you! We hope you will answer after you have read Preface: You and the Universe Are One.

Our question to you is:

Do you agree that we live in a participatory universe? Why do you agree or disagree?

We would love to know what thoughts or experiences have led to your conclusion.

Love,
    Deepak and Menas

This post has received 4 votes up.
  • #4739 Score: 2

joanne cooper28
    Participant
    20 votes
    @joanne-cooper28

Do you agree that we live in a participatory universe? Why do you agree?

I must say that the first thing that came to my mind was that something participated with me at my first breath.

The Last Breath That I Took Was Just As Good As The First! 🙂 <3 Life Is A Gift. Enjoy!

This post has received 2 votes up.
    • #4744 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Ha, quite an awesome thought Joanne! A thing/some thing/matter, participated with me in creating the experience of “my first breath” or for that matter, “my last breath”. Thanks to your thought, I will be smiling at every breath today!:)

• #5478 Score: 0

Elena
      Participant
      6 votes
      @elena

Do you agree that we live in a participatory universe? Why do you agree or disagree?
      Of course I agree. In the absence of our awareness we wouldn’t know that a universe exist.

Expanding awareness means to understand what it means to be connected to the field of energy and information/ pure consciousness, which gives us the possibilities of influencing that energy and information and manifest our
      intentions. The manifestation is a creative process of the universe that constantly sends us clues or meaningful coincidences that open the way and guide you towards fulfilling our intentions .

• #4741 Score: 1

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Thank you for the opportunity to give a response to your question Menas and Deepak.
    I believe that we each and all are Source/the Universe in a unique ‘once in eternity form’ created by ‘ourself’ to gift ourself unique form talents/abilities/gifts/experiences and to live a unique form learning, as experienced via our sense perceptions/thoughts/feelings to Source in a continuing, in every breath, invisible, sensitive, intelligent energy merging/exchange that transpires between us and the one invisible Source that sits behind and within all.

This process of Source form creation and associated experiential learning informs evolution and the scientific evidence that points to same includes the findings of Max Planck, Albert Einstein, Tom Campbell, Bruce Lipton, yourself Menas and others including the recently released French scientific findings of a single cell organism with no brain and no nervous system demonstrating complex memory, affirming that memory may reside in invisible energy that sits behind and within all forms: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160427081533.htm

I believe 100% that the title and underpinning message of your book points to the truth that we ARE the universe, experiencing and evolving itself forward. It is all a divine miracle, at this point, unable to be proven by science but your collaborative work to merge the ancient wisdom traditions/art/poetry/the underpinning Love truth of most religions and science is helpful in guiding more to the only truth that can not only save us from ourselves, but contribute to the very achievable, but currently elusive realisation of an all co-operating Heaven on what we have named Earth.

Peace, Love, Joy and Namaste

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • #4745 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hi Derek,

thank you for the link to the study! It’s funny to me how materialist science wonders about memory not being in the nervous system! I can never understand how they don’t find it strange to believe that memory is in the brain, not only that it is a function of the brain but they believe that memories are actually stored in the brain like books in a library or files on a computer. So when a humble cell comes along displaying awareness and no brain, it busts the entire materialist world-view. Let’s hope materialists don’t shuffle this under the carpet too, they already have a lot of stuff there 🙂

• #4750 Score: 1

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

I was watching a “documentary” about the sun and solar research on the Discovery channel last night (it’s their Science Weekend – hooray!) and they were talking about the sun as if it were a living entity, e.g., the sun spits out sun spots that unfurl like tight corkscrews suddenly set free), and that our mid-size star will die, causing all life on Earth to go with it.

They also talked about how we see its corona best during a solar eclipse (sidebar question: I dreamt night before last that I was watching a solar eclipse and there were comets flaring and dancing all around the “crown” atop the eclipse made by the moon — this, even though we had a lunar eclipse that same evening–leading to a new question here about whether dreams are part of our co-creation of the Universe? What do you think, Deepak and Menas?), and how that corona is the source of the light that we see on Earth.

So my question – if WE are creating the Universe, is the whole Universe alive and if it is, how does the Universe know itself? I suspect you will say, “Through us.” But if that is true, when our sun dies in hundreds of millions of years and there is no more human life here, unless we’ve managed to find ourselves another Earth-like habitat elsewhere, will there be no more Universe?

• #4752 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Robin, thank you, very interesting thoughts! May I ask you- what do you see as the difference between the eclipse you dreamed of and the eclipse you heard about or watched the other night?

Also, you ask- if there is no human life, will there be no more Universe? My question to you would then be- where is the beginning and the end of human life, where is the sun, the moon and the eclipse, where is the universe, where is the time before and the time after it … where are all these right now? Or maybe, what are they?

What do you think? 🙂

• #4768 Score: 1

Robin
      Participant
      51 votes
      @robin

Aurora, in response to your questions above, I know that all time is now, all awareness now, all activities in awareness now. So there is no death, as there is no birth. I get that on a philosophical level. In fact, my book that is coming out this spring, Edge of Yesterday is a teen time travel adventure about geek-girl Charley who finds Leonardo da Vinci’s plans for a time machine and, to win the middle school science fair, decides to build it. She discovers something she labels the “Qualia Rosetta” as the key to deciphering the mysteries of time!

I am merely Charley’s amuensis (isn’t that a great word?!), so I have scribed what she tells me to be her story. So believe me, I have spent a lot of time thinking about this, and have begun talking to teen groups about some of the very ideas that Deepak and Menas describe, only in the form of story.

Still, it is different to try to live in that space while embodied in these bodies at this time. I know these are words trying to describe human concepts and are imperfect vehicles to do that. I agree that our real job at this time is to try to deepen our consciousness above, beneath and beyond those limitations. It’s hard!

Another question: How can we hold this awareness in mind while going through daily life with all its potential and occasional frustrations?

Would be interested in knowing how the people in this forum are able to succeed at that–or if not, what gets in the way!

• #4775 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Charlie… I mean Robin (haha)… when you say that you know that all time is now, do you know it in an intellectual way? Do you know it like you know what you learned about gravity in school? Or do you know it like the experience of gravity?

When we know something theoretically, we slowly build it into our mental map of the world. But when we discover a new possible self-experience, it instantly lands us in a new world, with new truths and new maps even!

The experience of our timeless self, our unconditioned consciousness, is something that changes everything, the way we think and feel, the way we act and relate, what we prioritize… everything. But most of us come from the old world-view, and when we have a glimpse of this experience through meditation, reflection, love, or any other way there is to transcend, we most often return quickly to the usual perspective. Until the next and next experience of reality, which slowly help us expand and let go of limitations.

It is a process. I have noticed that the more I dive into reality, the less I can deny it 🙂 With it, living as reality becomes the only way and the small and big challenges of life become what they are, the play of the one within the one.

What is most interesting to me right now is to discover how free I am to play consciously within this self of mine. Are there any limitations to my joyful creativity? What do you think? 🙂

• #4778 Score: 1

Robin
      Participant
      51 votes
      @robin

You ask an interesting question, Aurora. I must say, from my current state of consciousness, I “know” this in flashes. When I am engaged in writing and creating, I can sustain that flow for a much longer time than in my daily routine. In fact, when I am in the act of “creating” Charley – or when she is, in fact, dictating to me what she’s up to, I am able to conjure the consciousness of a 13-year-old girl. It is an inspiring experience!

Other times, too, I am able to draw on this meta-consciousness (is that a term?) Often, when I am walking (10,000 steps!), I try to open the vantage point of looking down on myself with compassion for all the worries and unknowing of that woman walking. So I am the seer, seeing and seen. And I have had rare occasions during meditation and other forms where I have been in a truly calm, deep and blissful state. I remember one of my first long meditation experiences, my mind was floating on a golden river. The room and day were both dark and rainy but, with my eyes closed, what I saw was so bright, almost too bright to bear. I was sure the sun must have come out but it hadn’t.

The meditation teacher, who had published a translation of The Upanishads, quoted this when I recounted my experience: “The threshold of reality is veiled by golden light. Reveal it, O Lord, for the guiding purpose of my life is to know truth. O Lord of Light, the knowing one, the golden guardian, giver of life to all, spread apart your rays, gather up your brilliance, so I may perceive your finest and most splendorous nature, the cosmic spirit that lies at your heart. For I myself am That!”

It felt like a truly transcendent state. Ever since that time, I have been, as you say, “seeking to expand and let go of limitations.”

Are you able to maintain that level of consciousness yourself, Aurora, letting go of limitations? I wonder if others are willing to share their transcendent experiences here?

• #4780 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

You describe it so well Robin… the way you can tap into the perspective of “another”, even if in your case it’s a fantasy character, the way you can observe the person called Robin with distance, the way your experience sometimes fills up with the light of pure awareness… yes, I would call those experiences transcendence. I recognize it all from my own journey. I was at one of Deepak’s Seduction of Spirit meditation retreats ages ago when my universe suddenly filled up with a light that was incomparable to anything I had experienced before, and afterwards I went to him and asked if he had pointed a huge lamp at us. He started to laugh and seemed very happy about it, which confused me even more if possible 🙂

I guess most people have transcendent moments and don’t know what it is, conditioned as we are to be “normal” in the materialistic way. But it is normal to transcend, to experience our own being, and it’s really strange that it should take time and effort to de-condition ourselves from the bondage to a personal point of view we were shuffled into right after physical birth.

I experience transcendence nowadays continuously, with short breaks when I contract facing some situation where there is extra strong conditioning, you know- things that deeply scared, angered or saddened me before, which are still unexamined. But everyting moves much slower, it’s easier to let go, and I have understood which self is real. It is installing itself as my sense of self more and more clearly every “day”, with every experience. Subjectively, it is as if an all-powerful sweetness has descended within and around, it is here so intensely that it shines through anything and everything. So the reactions of ego that still arise are bleak and drown in the sweetness that holds them, discreet sighs where there was mad shouting before. And I am smiling a lot and laughing at most things, which is something I try to keep to myself, haha… it kind of bothers the many troubled people around.

I am convinced that many have similar experiences and I’m thinking that maybe it’s time that we communicate about it and see that it’s not that strange at all. It’s normal. It’s who and what we are, and it comes with so many benefits that there’s no reason to ever go back, if we even could. We actually are the universe. The question then becomes- what does the universe want to do/experience as us now?

• #4756 Score: 1

Paul Gopal
    Participant
    15 votes
    @paul

Namaste everyone,

Thank you Deepak & Menas for writing this enlightening book & thank you to the creators & moderators of this awesome forum.

Some interesting coincidences for me are that I was living in Bern Switzerland during the ongoing celebration of Albert Einstein’s life there 100 years ago. It was something visiting his apartment & seeing his desk. Also visited the Library in the Swiss alps that much of Rabindranath Tagore’s work was translated into english. A beautiful painting of Tagore, a desk.I could not believe I was there.
    To answer your question.
    Yes & I feel like I am experiencing this sometimes with the weather or being in the ocean.

• #4761 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Namaste Paul, and a warm welcome to the YATU forum!

Such a wonderful synchronicity you shared … absolutely marvellous!

So you have experienced such synchronicities regarding the weather, I have too!. You say that you experience them sometimes, and I suppose that sometimes they don’t happen. I wonder why you think it might be so. I am discussing this very issue with Robin (see her reply) and it would be interesting to hear what you think of these instances when something happens versus when it doesn’t.

• #4767 Score: 1

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Hi Aurora (& all)

Yes, I agree with you, Deepak and Menas that the ultimate truths lie beyond the current realms of science.
    The recent finding of memory in a single cell organism is a helpful pointer to the deeper truths, to which Deepak and Menas’s book speaks.

It appears that understanding the ultimate truth – requires faith as much as it requires thought.
    Not faith as in the orthodox religious models – but faith in ‘being and knowing’ of the unlimited Love miracle that sits behind and within all.

Faith in the same Love Source that Lao Tzu, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad, Socrates, Marcus Aurelius, Patanjali, Rumi, Tagore, Mozart, Beethoven, Albert Einstein, Deepak, Eckhardt Tolle, Wayne Dyer, Mother Theresa and other luminary humans all point to.

Lived, actioned knowing and being of the unlimited, playful, joyful, ageless, beautiful, wondrous, creative, kind, sharing, caring, compassionate, supportive, inclusive, considerate, respectful, encouraging, global Loving Oneness of all.

We can only hold knowing, being and intentioning towards same…living with faith that ultimately, in TAO time, perhaps a world devoid of the non Love actions that seem to serve an eternal purpose carving in ‘the block of wood/species’ that we are, a greater capacity to be Love and that full God/Source/Love realisation can flow on this miraculous planet, before the planet itself passes like a wave in the eternal ocean of timelessness.

• #4773 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hello Derek! I agree with you that the ultimate truths lie beyond science, but I would add that they are beyond everything else. That is if by ultimate truth we mean Being/consciousness itself. It is in its nature to be beyond that which it creates 🙂

I would also say that we should stop believing the myth that science only means materialistic, positivist, reductionist science. That type of world-view has dominated for a while, especially in the domain of natural sciences, and it has left a heavy mark on our educational, financial and social systems. But there are many types of theories in the realm of science and as we see, consciousness science has just expressed itself in a magnificent way in this new cooperation between Deepak and Menas. I’m sure many of us hope that their book will empower all scientists in whatever domain, those who are already researching with openness and curiosity, and that it will at least help those caught in the materialist myth to question their assumptions.

Faith, as I see it, will slowly turn to solid knowing. As soon as a majority of people understand transcendence, know how to transcend, realize what the transcendent realm is, what matter is and how everything really works … there will be no room for doubt anymore. We will finally be living the life we are meant to live, as consciousness fully aware of itself, playing and relating to itself as all of us.

I think that’s what you call Love, isn’t it? 🙂

• #4785 Score: 1

Sree
      Participant
      22 votes
      @sree

Wow. So true, Aurora, and so beautifully & precisely expressed. I remember being very excited about qualia science when Deepak first announced it a few years ago, and am now even more excited to see ‘mainstream’ scientists lending some ‘street cred’, so to speak. It’s time to start vigorously and lovingly erasing that heavy mark on all our human systems.

• #4795 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Yes, yes, yes Sree! It is time, it is happening!

• #4776 Score: 1

Paul Gopal
      Participant
      15 votes
      @paul

That is an interesting question Aurora.
      I suppose sometimes I am more meditative & sometimes in my ego “Edging God out” as Deepak explained today on Facebook.

• #4779 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Yes, I suppose so, Paul… it sounds right to me. Thank you 🙂

• #4770 Score: 1

paashi
    Participant
    5 votes
    @paashi

Reflections on participatory universe:
    I am aware of the Awareness that is aware of its own Presence.
    So who or what is I?
    It feels to be the essence of all qualia being experienced instantaneously and yet senses a past future timeline.
    In Stillness the same I experiences Vastness in the Matrix of Life. The sense of oneness is the experience of participating in the Beingness of Universal existence.

• #4774 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Paashi, so very beautiful! Thank you! <3

• #4789 Score: 0

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Thank you Aurora

Yes, I agree with you, that if and when we could all live from ‘being and knowing’ our true cosmic One Self…an all co-operating Loving Heaven is created.

Ahh and what would be in that space.

Our capacity to ‘be Love’ is so great.
    So, sadly at present, is our human capacity to cause harm.
    But, I accept, that in the eternal evolutionary time, nature and process of Source/the Universe – pain, itself, is a mechanism for carving in all species, ie: in Our One Self a deeper capacity for Love.

Knowing this and living with awareness of the True Eternal Self – gifts an ability to observe the human lived dysfunction for what it is – but does not diminish the desire that we more promptly/immediately awaken to full Divine realisation so that the pain required to ‘just be Love’ is no longer required – I sense that it may take longer than this form’s lifetime but I am so deeply grateful for the experiential learnings as they come.

Thank you to you, Deepak, Menas and all for this forum and all that is shared.
    Hoping to attend any Australian sessions that may transpire to help promote the book and movie (any word on the release date of the movie?) Peace, Love, Joy and Namaste

• #4796 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Derek, what greater joy than creating that loving heaven together? 🙂
      One thought, feeling, action at a time, we are watching it happen from our Being.
      I’m sure you are going to manifest the experience of an Australian workshop and a movie. Why not? Sounds like your kind of heaven!

• #4799 Score: 0

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Thanks Aurora – the movie I was referring to was the ‘You are the Universe’ movie – is the movie still being released?
    Yes there is a growing awakening transpiring, while simultaneous anti-Love actions are also increasing – it is many things to observe it all and the individual challenge is to remain ‘in being’ while doing so, and not to be humanly reactive to each event that transpires.

Jiddu Krishnamuri once famously asked ‘You want to know my secret?’ to thousands of people who had come to hear him speak, then shared with them all this simple, profound guiding wisdom:
    “You see, I don’t mind what happens.”

Thank you for your excellent facilitation of this forum Aurora – I enjoy reading your responses and posts very much, as well as all other contributions.

Onwards to global Heaven realisation….do feel blessed to live it daily here in quiet, peaceful, beautiful Lennox Head, Australia where the daily sounds are only of ocean waves, coastal birds and much silence which supports ‘just being and gifts silent, clear, inspired by nature inner knowings’…eternally grateful to the Universe for guiding this form here.

If you, Deepak and any of the team are looking for a special place to offer a nature inspired workshop – please let me know and I’d love to help arrange.

• #4816 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Derek, I am sorry but don’t have information about the movie. I guess it will come to you in other ways.
      I appreciate your quote from Krishnamurti. Those who don’t mind what happens can instead focus their attention on that, which makes things happen 🙂 Some call it consciousness…

I am very grateful for your beautiful writings and your insights, and so glad that we all have gathered to share and grow. Many thanks also for your graceful offer to host us in your heaven. You never know which way the Universe decides to go 🙂

Don’t hesitate to use pictures from your beautiful location in your topics and replies. Not only do pictures tell a thousand words, they are also amazing at conveying silence!

• #4826 Score: 1

Lindsay Briner
    17 votes
    @lindzyb

Wow – what a fruitful question and conversation! Thank you Aurora and everyone!

The participatory universe theory suggested by Dr Chopra & Dr Kafatos in YATU reminds me of Jorge Ferrer’s participatory vision for Transpersonal Psychology, suggesting a similar ontological primitive as YATU. Ferrer describes reality as an ocean with many shores. Ferrer offers the participatory perspective to include the possibility of truth in all paths of spirituality or religion or culture, calling this the “Ocean of Emancipation.” Each path, and each individual, can be seen as validly independent from the whole while still being connected to the whole, offering more diversity AND unity at the same time while researching spiritual inquiry and human subjective experience.

I feel this ontological primitive is urgently needed in more and more scientific research institutions, where interdisciplinary collabortion will begin to thrive. Therefore, awakening the scientific systems of thought to recognize that science is in fact a function of consciousness and the more we unify the across disciplines, the closer we will come to a true expression of the nature of reality.

• #5749 Score: 0

Robin
      Participant
      51 votes
      @robin

Hi @lindzyb,
      Just catching up on some of the discussions on this thread. What you suggest about spiritual and scientific inquiry containing both the whole and diversity at once really resonated:

“Each path, and each individual, can be seen as validly independent from the whole while still being connected to the whole, offering more diversity AND unity at the same time while researching spiritual inquiry and human subjective experience.”

I work with scientists quite a bit as a science writer. Many insist that science is our best way of seeing and understanding the universe. (Would they call their belief system “scientism”? It pretty much feels like just another religion). They spend time in their labs siloed off from other scientists and other fields of knowing, looking to understand the whole of our magnificence–and to find cures–through ever-smaller slices of matter and biology misusing reductionist thinking as a way of extrapolating from the smallest part to the largest. I know @deepakchopra has had his disagreements with some of the world’s most eminent scientists for their refusal to acknowledge there is a Force beyond us that empowers all and in which we are all connected.

And when scientists don’t want to/aren’t able to talk about their work in plain language, using metaphors and analogies, and taking the creative leaps that can bring it the work alive to the rest of us, they come off as arrogant, detached and dismissive of those who are not part of their tribe (and btw, this exists between siloes as well, where they don’t even share a common vocabulary!)

Is it any wonder that many people don’t trust science? They see it as disconnected from their lives, and scientists as living in a whole different universe.

I believe that process of bringing science to life is crucial! I think the recent March on Science throughout the world, and the Climate March, show that the majority of people don’t want to ignore the findings of science.

It would truly be wonderful if science could finally “awaken” as you suggest, “to recognize that science is in fact a function of consciousness and the more we unify the across disciplines, the closer we will come to a true expression of the nature of reality.”

How do we all join forces to make that happen?

• #4827 Score: 0

Lindsay Briner
    17 votes
    @lindzyb

Derek, Thank you for the Krishnamuri quote! I love it.

• #4875 Score: 1

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Thank you Lindsay, Aurora and all for the enjoyed discussion.

Yesterday (or the day before, I’m not 100% sure) Deepak, in his FB video post asked ‘do our thoughts impact the Universe?’
    I’d like to share mine in response:

Thoughts are energy. The evidence of this, for those who require it, is to simply look at how equally depleted/tired an accountant is at the end of a day to a construction labourer. Both expel energy in their work, one physically and the other via thought.

All energy is the energy of the cosmos in a unique form.

So, do our thoughts impact the universe?

Well everything impacts the universe. Everything is the universe impacting, experiencing and evolving itself.

Every thought that is rooted in Love gifts cellular form flow.
    Every thought that arises in fear causes cellular form entropy.

On an individual and species level, thought is a tool that is used to evolve all towards Love. But we, from a human time and space perspective, are taking a long time to awaken to this truth and to living in alignment to the cellular flow gifted only from being Love and in the process thinking only Loving thoughts.

I am very grateful for the Love that sits behind and within all that is related to ‘You are the Universe’ and look forward to any Australian launch of same which I would love to welcome and see in Lennox Head, on the most Eastern Point of the Australian coast and where there is a growing community of Lovingly intentioned, nature aligned people growing natural foods, creating unique works of art, a thriving musical scene and generally a sharing, caring, peaceful community, contributing in our own small way to the global awakening required to save humanity, all species and the planet from our unconscious selves.

• #4881 Score: 1

joanne cooper28
    Participant
    20 votes
    @joanne-cooper28

awesome post Derek 🙂

• #4898 Score: 0

Lindsay Briner
    17 votes
    @lindzyb

Great post Derek! I would be curious to hear Deepak’s thoughts on your comment of thoughts of love vs. fear.

Though I feel that to be true in my body. When I start to make decisions from fear, I feel my body contract (entropy). Then (hopefully) I stop, and breathe into that contraction and re-think my decision-making processes.

I like the saying, “energy follows thought” or, “where attention goes, energy flows.”

Much Love,
    Lindsay

• #4909 Score: 1

Yudesh
    Participant
    1 vote
    @yudesh

I completely agree, All I have done is pay attention to people that I admire, I am using their words now to relay my message and story to the world. Without them, there would be nothing…

• #4917 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Yudesh, I think that paying attention, really paying attention, is an art and a path to awakening. There is something miraculous that happens when we pay attention, and we often do it best when we are passionate about something, when we are in love, or when we, as you say, admire something.
      What happens is that while paying attention so perfectly, slowly, the union of observer and observed can happen. We can lose track of time, we can even lose track of our imagined limitations… with perfect focus we can actually realize our own nature and the nature of the object of focus.
      Does this resonate with you or would you describe things differently?

• #4911 Score: 0

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Thank you Joanne, Lindsay and Yudesh

I erred in sharing this response in this section and Aurora kindly pointed me to the other section where Deepak asked the specific question that I responded to.

Lindsay, you’re observing yourself is a key strategy in ‘being and actioning life’ in a way that gifts and supports flow.
    Unless being chased by a tornado, hungry bear or such like…Fear is best observed, acknowledged then ignored ….allowing Love to light and guide the way.

It is truly amazing how all of the answers that we seek….lie ultimately within. The key to ‘right thought’ is simply to ‘know yourself as the you who is able to observe all thoughts as they arise’ and then to only give energy to those thoughts that are of/from or for Love. paying minimal attention to those that are rooted in fear/judgement etc.

In doing so, we actively and optimally contribute to a more flowing Universe and a more cellular flowing personal form – the ultimate win / win.

Great forum and feel very blessed to live in a place and time that allows daily energy calibrating time in beautiful nature and to engage via modern technology with others similarly interested in being and realising ultimate, divine truths and gifts in this unlimited, miraculous life.

Namaste

• #4916 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

There’s no erring in my world dear Derek, only infinite possibilities of perception and experience… I actually suggested you to reply to this question from the authors to the readers: AUTHORS ASK: DO THOUGHTS INFLUENCE REALITY?.

But you found another perfect place to re-post. And what do you know, thanks to you posting here to begin with, we have now met Yudesh 🙂 There is no mistake when all is joyful play!

FYI, we are working on re-organizing the forum a little bit so that it becomes more clear where to post what and how it all works. We also want to add more functionality. Deepak and Menas discuss the process of creating order out of chaos as the process of manifestation of new forms within consciousness itself. I’d say that it’s exactly what we are doing here, together! 🙂

• #5026 Score: 0

Tom
    Participant
    9 votes
    @tom

Hello Deepak et al.,

I got lost in the forums but thank you for answering my question on video tonight.

You said:

“What we call our biology is nothing more than a never ending series of sensations, images and thought

Symbolic representations of modes of knowing.”

Exactly — and as you say as well, this seems to unfold in various patterns — and now that we have software as a model we can see that many of those patterns are mathematically perfect according to things like the Fibonacci sequence, the Golden Mean and other examples of mathematical perfection.

Further when we examine DNA – which instructs our biology or vehicle for “thoughts, sensations, etc.” — that instruction is perfectly logical in a format that can be DECODED….
    And nothing that can be decoded is devoid of meaning.

By definition – presence of meaning posits a mind.
    DNA is 4.6 billion years old. The constructs that unfold in human consciousness are perfectly logical and immensely intelligent.

And now we find those same patterns unfolding according to an immense intelligence 4.6 billion years old. This is the same symbolic encoded intelligence that as Ekchart Tolle says runs our biology – our breath, circulation, digestion etc.

That this exists seems to be a pointer not to the reality of Consciousness but don’t you agree perhaps also to the presence of infinite intelligence.

• #5029 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hello Tom!

FYI, our team is working on restructuring the forum, which we hope will make everything easier to find. In the meantime, please allow me to give you some suggestions for how you can find things around here:

– you can subscribe to the forums you are interested in- that will send you an email every time someone posts a new topic.
      – you can mark the “notify me of replies” box when you post a topic or comment
      – you can use the Search box. If you search DNA for example, you will see a list of all posts where that was discussed.
      – you can click your own name to go to your profile, where there is a list of all your topics and replies.

For your convenience, here is Deepak’s answer to you: Readers Ask: How to Account for Organic Programming Language?. Your original questions were posted on Authors Ask: Can Randomness Explain the Fine-Tuning of the Universe?

If you have more questions to Deepak and/or Menas, I suggest you create new topics in the appropriate forum, meaning under the chapter where your questions best fit. If the questions are of a general nature, use the first forum “You Are the Universe”. When the authors respond, they usually create a new topic and they also notify you on the original discussion, so see to it that you check the box “notify me of replies”.

I hope this helps 🙂 Let me know if you wonder about anything or need help, I am a moderator on the forum and will gladly lend a hand.

• #5486 Score: 1

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

A question for Deepak

I (humanly and perhaps erroneously), based on all the evidence – believe that the Source intention for the creation of all form is to continually deepen the experience of Love and beauty which it does utilising an almost unlimited myriad of form and form experiences.

An important one of these is pain.
    For just as in each individual human, with each lived experience of pain, the capacity in each human to be Love ie: to be more empathetic, more compassionate, more understanding and more forgiving of others, more tender, more playful etc so too it seems Source , via the human species, just as with the dinosaurs, deepens it’s capacity to be Love, via the ever greater lived global experiences of pain.

Which would point to all current lived dysfunction, including wars, eco-destruction, slavery, mass captive and inhumane farming of other sentient beings etc – may well be that all of the perceived insanity, is serving exactly as it is intended Source intention in deepening the Source capacity to create even more wondrously from Love.

Because we are here now and some of us are more awakened to divine truth than most – it makes it an interesting possibility to accept. That we are simply and profoundly meant to hold and be the knowing Source within the form, while the carnage plays out, also holding a knowing that deep within, we are contributing to the eternal ongoing pure Love capacity of Source to go even deeper in it’s wondrous unlimited ‘Formless Oneness’ Love based creation of all’.

I would welcome any thoughts that you and others have in response Deepak.

Peaceful, Loving Easter regards from Lennox Head, Australia

– Derek

• #5510 Score: 1

Shivansh Mahajan
    Participant
    9 votes
    @shivansh

I believe that being present in the universe and not participating in it has no real meaning.
    Reading ‘You are the Universe’ stimulated my insight into this belief a lot more. I feel that human species and other life forms, and in fact all the matter as perceived in the physical world has to have a role in the matrix of the universe. On a physical level, we participate in the universe through interactions in the biosphere and also through space exploration. Whereas on a spiritual level, expressions of love, peace and compassion reflect through vivid transformations in one’s life and thus, make us active participants of the universe. I have strongly fell in love with the idea presented in the book that the only universe we can ever observe is in our human experience or ‘qualia’. I cannot agree with this more both on an intellectual and spiritual level. A clear testimony of our participation in the universe is the ‘observer effect’ from Quantum physics. If all observations in this moment have their existence depending on our mere act of observing, then we hold the trump card in the universe. Though this may feel scary or hard to wrap our heads around, in a spiritual experience this appears to be a joyful reality.

• #5562 Score: 1

Elan
    Participant
    9 votes
    @elan

Ah Yes we live in a participatory universe..AND
    if we dont choose to intentionally co create a Universe in which we consciously and non habitually create
    anew/afresh every moment, then that is a form of participation in the randomness aspect…

It seems we all have the innate “desire” to create consciously and between psychology and spritual science and insight we
    learn the new evolutionary tool of choosing wisely and participating in a discriminating manner to create
    peace and harmony and wise choices with ecological benefits.

Blessings
    Elan

• #5570 Score: 2

Shivansh Mahajan
    Participant
    9 votes
    @shivansh

Thank you @Aurora 🙂

My answer to authors’ prompt-
    Universe and Us are indeed merged in a cosmic communion that is ‘participation’. The preface of ‘You are the Universe’ immensely stimulated both my thought and inner self to feel that the entirety of our experience, physical interactions, and actions in our lives are always in participation with the universe. The thought that all of reality that we can ever experience is confined within the our human senses and faculties gives me goosebumps.
    But the good news I feel is that this participation is even beyond the physical, in the cosmic consciousness. Though alien to many humans on earth, the idea of cosmic mind which is the ultimate reality having no form, experience, space or time, is a blissful reality one experiences (though without any experience) in meditation.

Love,
    Shivansh

This post has received 2 votes up.
    • #5680 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Wow @shivansh, again I agree and know all about insight-induced goose bumps! 🙂 My question to you and everyone here becomes- how do we gently allow the thought of the reality of oneness, into more of the collective mind?

Btw, to tag another member we need to use their username and not the screen name. The username is found below any profile, mine is @aurorac .

• #5726 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear Derek:

You state in short: “I believe that the Source intention for the creation of all form is to continually deepen the experience of Love and beauty, which it does utilizing a myriad of form experiences. An important one of these is pain.
    For just as in each individual human, the capacity to be more empathetic, compassionate, understanding and forgiving, tender, playful etc grows with each lived experience of pain, so too it seems Source , via the human species, deepens its capacity to be Love, via the global experiences of pain.

Can it be that all dysfunction, including wars, eco-destruction, slavery, mass captivity and inhumane farming of other sentient beings etc – is serving exactly as it is intended, the Source intention of deepening the Source capacity to create even more wondrously from Love?”

Indeed, all is Love. Life is the cosmic University! We are born and learn to love, we remember who we truly are. All these “dysfunctions” are there to turn us to the true nature of who we are, to remember who we are. We live in love, grown in love and merge back into love.

We have two choices: Either we live in a perfect universe where duality is an appearance that dissolves when we acquire true vision. Or, the universe is imperfect, full of dualities, with no purpose and nowhere to go. Which one shall we choose? It is up to us. As we state in our book, we live in a human universe, meaning we have a choice.

• #5736 Score: 0

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Thank you Menas and Deepak

we certainly share and align on almost all, if not all and anything I say is always underpinned by my three favourite quotes from 3 of the greatest thinkers of all time:

1) Confucius – “A man’s intelligence is in direct proportion to his awareness of his own ignorance
    2) Einstein – ‘The more that I have learned, the more I realise how little I know.”
    3) Socrates – ‘I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.’

and of course it is all contextualised beautifully in Einstein’s ‘This I know to be true – there is a vast, unlimited intelligence (energy) that sits behind and within all of the natural universe and that by comparison with which, every human thought is of complete and utter insignificance.’

To me, eternal ‘Being and Knowing’ are one and the same.
    We are, at once and in every breath, both everything and nothing.
    Miraculously.

To analyse via thought is to lose clarity…although it can be an interesting and enjoyed discussion as it is on here.

But, as you and the other great sages of history allude – to unlimitedly and spontaneously ‘just b’e the wondrous unlimitedly powerful, creative, intelligent, sensitive, beautiful, Loving essence expressed uniquely via one’s form is the highest experience available.
    Spontaneous Love in action – gifting optimal cellular flow.

‘Tis all an eternal Loving miracle and when lived from being – a never ending child’s game of awe, wonder, creativity, play, affection, joy, happiness, kindness, sharing, caring, tenderness …in short….LOVE.

Namaste and thank you to all participating in the forum and the ageless, eternal miraculous game that is life.

• #5752 Score: 0

Lindsay Briner
    17 votes
    @lindzyb

Hi @robin,

Thanks so much for your response, it seems we are in agreement here! I feel what Deepak & Menas, as well as some other efforts such as from the Science & Nonduality Conference and Deepak’s Sages & Scientists, are igniting conversation and collaboration to build early stages of the bridge between science and spirituality, with consciousness. I think the more we can be stay connected to those worked toward the same goal, the better. Power in numbers!

Much Love,
    Lindsay

• #5771 Score: 1

SteveCostello
    Participant
    14 votes
    @stevecostello

Yes is the simple answer to your question but I must of course expand…On the earth-plane I participate in a practical way, whether it is through offering guidance and support to my fellow humans, going to work and achieving my practical goals, sharing love with family, friends, the people I meet or communicate with on social media. My spirit is connected to all that is and through Spirit I connect with others. It is through those connections that I can send a simple hug through Twitter or, understanding and hope to a friend on Facebook who I have never met. Whether I am awake or sleeping I participate, I never switch off, not even after death in this earthly life.

• #5781 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

That is a very beautiful answer @stevecostello and I am glad for all those who benefit from your guidance, hugs, understanding and hope. I would like to ask you how you would define or describe spirit. I know it’s not easy to use words, but hey, it’s fun to try 🙂

• #5789 Score: 0

SteveCostello
    Participant
    14 votes
    @stevecostello

Hi Aurora, I don’t believe words exist in human language to adequately describe ‘Spirit‘ but I am not going to pass on the opportunity to try and answer your question.That said, I think there are many people on the earth today who have some extremely advanced understandings of what Spirit is.
    Personally, I sense it as the non-material aspect of the universe through which every single soul is connected and even though each is connected, they breathe their own breath (so to speak), follow their own paths and grow. It is not a place, places have limits. It is founded on peace, love and understanding far beyond human comprehension.
    So for now, I have to carry on applying my own understandings of peace, love and understanding and be the best I can achieve in this lifetime. Love is at the core of our being.

A hug and a smile from France, Steve C

• #5796 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Thank you so much Steve, I think you did a great job of putting your experience and understanding in words. I think we all benefit from meeting and doing just that, sharing notes on the path and nodding when hearing others use their own words for the same experience. And while we juggle words, we can always laugh, hug and simply enjoy experience and increased self-awareness together 🙂
      Hugs from Sweden, friend, have you been here? I have been in Paris, c’est merveilleux!

• #6189 Score: 1

SteveCostello
    Participant
    14 votes
    @stevecostello

Hi Aurora, Yes, I have been to Sweden…. for a few hours when I visited Malmo with friends from Aarhus. I have also known several Swedish people and one in particular, who I have not heard of for several years, I still have a strong connection with her. It is as though I can reach out and tap her on the shoulder. I need to do some thinking on this in relation to the participatory universe. More later 🙂

Hugs, Steve

• #6489 Score: 0

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

Dear Deepak and Menas, If we take as truth that our universe is participatory, and that we are all modulations of consciousness experiencing the universe in human form, would it also be accurate to suppose that our current state of the world (and global state of mind) may be a reflection of consciousness deciding that humanity may be a flawed OS (operating system), unable to manage its own evolution into higher consciousness, and therefore at the brink of our own destruction?

In other words, we collectively have agency either to evolve or perish. Perhaps our frustration with the challenges the collective is unwilling, unable, or too asleep to address is bringing us to a point where Consciousness (the true reality in a higher state of awareness) must either wake up or self-destruct.

I have heard we are on the verge of a 6th mass extinction. Each time, presumably, Consciousness has emerged anew as a higher form of evolution (say, for example, dinosaurs to apes to humans). If we destroy our world, perhaps the next evolution, however and wherever that emerges or manifests, will offer a significant upgrade to our ability to act in harmony with the laws of nature, with ourselves and each other as a more evolved species. Maybe we’re looking at Human 2.0.

So in a related question, how do we humans today know that we are not some advanced form of AI, drones or droids whose lives are pre-programmed and who are unable (unwilling? ignorant of?) the fact that we lack independent agency?

Thank you for your reflections (and even that word is interesting in this context–as above, so below) on this question.

• #6491 Score: 0

angoorab
    Participant
    7 votes
    @angoorab

Hi @celia

I’m not sure how I feel about karma because I’m trying to associate it with my own experiences. However you have explained your view of “thought, presence and karma” effectively.

I’ve enjoyed reading the examples you used to describe though presence and karma. I have a story of my own and this may help you get a better understanding of why I am confused about life & purpose.

17 years ago musculoskeletal/back injury occurred, I was referred for physiotherapy. I made a link and associated physiotherapy with “yoga”. I started to do yoga, it became one of my everyday “morning” rituals along with swimming and prayer. Sometime after, I can’t remember the exact date or year (6 months to a year) I experienced what I believe to be “higher consciousness” (the awakening). I was in the pool and while I was swimming my hand hit the lane segregation rods and I lost control, I went under, and believed I had died for a minute or so. My consciousness indicated I had gone for about 50 years, I went into light and I traveled amongst other light particles, my journey was 50 years before “I choose” to leave the light and return. On my journey back into my body “the whole world” and its affairs, “past, present and future” entred my head, the knowledge was given to me, I became intelligent. I’m not saying i wasn’t intellegent before, I’m someone who left school with no qualifications, if you know what I mean?

Since this experience “I feel everything”, I feel the ground, I feel the trees, I feel everything.

I don’t know why this has happened to me because there are also many other struggles in my life as you know. I honestly thought if you reached higher consciousness you live a happy life with no problems to deal with.

I am happy, I’m not an angry kind of person, i tend to get frustrated rather than anger. Frustration doesn’t last long because I live in the “here and now”. I can’t understand why I’m going through hardships this is what prompts me to think maybe I should become “monk like” and isolate myself.

I understand your explanation of “thought, presence and karma”. If the injury didn’t happen then I would not have reached higher consciousness. Everything that happens has a purpose. I am still clueless as to what my propose is.

I left work because the bullying at work got too much for me to handle on my own, I went to a bhuddist centre and spoke to someone. They thought that maybe I was supposed to change the department from within. It had already got to the stage where I needed to leave. So I left.

I’m moving onto “life purpose and goals” now. I’ve never had any ambitions, when it comes to choosing a career I become stuck.
    Business did cross my mind 9 years ago, I have a fashion related background, this has never taken off because I don’t have a supportive family or supportive friends. I tried used social media and I put some pictures of my dresses on Facebook in the past nobody I knew not even my own family hit that like button. One of my friends said, people are shopping in “primark” now, where you can pick up very cheap clothing.

For this reason I thought maybe “business” was not the right step for me. I would not be able to complete with retail outlets. I have no financial backing either.

Trying to make sense of everything I am experiencing in this life with the awakening experience has confused me, hence sometimes I feel like locking myself away like Buddhist monks something I find easy to do because I’ve always been detached from people.

What hurts is that I have noticed how people have isolated me because they know of my circumstances, I’ve not moved fawards in any area of my life in this material world and they have.

I suppose what is really bothering me is that I didn’t know “enlightenment & awakening” could show someone so much horrors of the political world and how it effects people right on their own doorsteps.

As for leisure centres, they’re not very nice places anymore. You have people spitting in swimming pools, I have also recently learned chlorine does not kill all germs. I no longer go. Fitness classes are no better Muslims with extreme views attend them and some of their comments bother me, the vast majority are prejudiced and what they do not understand they “put down”, (btw I am Muslim) I’d rather not be around anymore bad company. I’ve had enough of bad company (my ex employer) lol
    I can’t afford to travel out of my current location everyday and pay a leisure centre, so yes I am feeling quite stuck however not completely stuck because I go jogging everyday and I try to do yoga at home at least once a week (not at the moment I’m fasting).

I think I’m a little lost, because i can’t meet the “right people” due to my circumstances.

What I have learned from reading your post is that maybe I need to change the way I “think” and change my “spontaneous actions” when facing challenging individuals.

May I add, I love reading your posts, you have a wonderful way of explaining things in simple form. ❤️

• #7238 Score: 0

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

Dear Dr. Chopra ( @deepakchopra ) and to the discussion forum,

I’ve made it a mission to bridge the work you present with what I’ve been immersed in for many years now. By and large, I’ve witnessed a continuing of the conversation the whole time I’ve followed you on Facebook and delved into the works presented by you. The discussion forum feels like a culminating effort, a practicum if you will, for synthesizing the lessons we’ve covered, not just with You Are the Universe, but over the many years – I suppose adding to the idea this is a participatory universe.

What I’ve come to understand so far, and feel inspired to tell you after listening to today’s FB post on the theories of consciousness, is how I’ve come to synthesize this teaching, as of this moment.;P
    My dream is to continue the conversation into the future…

I see something beyond the physical
    It’s round, sweet, tasty to eat
    But what good does it do me
    If I don’t sow it back into the ground
    For the next harvest.

I’ve remembered the following postulates, so far: 😛

1. Every unit is equal. This is true, even when appearances would have us believe otherwise.

2. Time creates the appearance of a universal hierarchy of structure which can be seen, known, studied, prodded, and created in.
    This universal hierarchical structure has engendered meaning which one can get back of when one learns to soften one’s gaze. In other words, see beyond the dense physical forms of structure to the energy behind it. “As if, for the first time.”

3. All is in Divine Order goes hand in hand with Know Thyself. And, all is according to His plan. “His” who? It is oneself also seen in the face of deity, such as with the Christ. To me, this means every piece of the puzzle is there for a reason. This helps to unify all theories of consciousness into one unified whole. As in, all roads lead us to Pantheon, Rome. According to Wikipedia, Pantheon means “of, relating to, or common to all gods.”

The relationship between each philosophy of consciousness reveals something of the nature of one’s being. To me, this is why we let each other go to study what calls to us, in a unified endeavor, of course, and not with a selfish motive so that it benefits the whole. It’s of the same fabric we’re weaving and all philosophies have meaning and an inherent purpose and plan behind them.

Correct me if I’m wrong, (@question) I think the above constructs coincide with what you are saying about consciousness being where all experience is known, and also adds meaning to what has been created. YATU!

Much love and appreciation for this opportunity to continue the conversation,
    JenniferL

• #7242 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @jenniferl , your post is very inspiring, thank you. I have reflected on what you wrote and so let me too sow, for the next harvest.
      Weaving further on your postulates, here is what happened:

1. Every unit is imagined by/within the same consciousness, thus in essence equal. This is true, even when mind constructs (appearances) would have us believe otherwise.

2. Time is a mind construct which creates the appearance of a universal hierarchy of structure which can be seen, known, studied, prodded and created in.
      This universal hierarchical structure is an image appearing as consciousness forgets itself and starts dreaming (= mind). The dream appearing is colored by the interpretation/meaning given to the construct and gives rise to the energy structure which underlies the dense physical forms. Seeing beyond the dense physical forms to the energy behind them shows deeper connections, and seeing both form and energy pattern “as if, for the first time”, from their source in consciousness, allows for creative restructuring of that pattern, or creative waking-state dreaming.

3. All is in divine order means that every physical structure and event is a perfect mirroring of a state of mind, where the word mind denotes activity in consciousness. All reasons are constructs based on partial perspectives, there is no reason to the wholeness of reality which is simply and gloriously conscious existence. Every piece of the puzzle, mental or physical, people and theories alike, is imaginary and all roads lead to Pantheon, Rome, to the realization of the divinity/wholeness of all imagined separate parts.

If anyone wishes to harvest and sow on… please do 🙂

• #7249 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dear Aurora ( @aurorac )

Your playfulness reminds me of the Waldorf Education of Rudolph Steiner, where one is identified in Group Consciousness – not to be misconstrued as “group think,” on an entirely different level of being, so far as I understand it.

Yes, let us sow for one another and allow that to be our shared vision! We’ll witness the emergence Together.

Love,
      JenniferL

• #7263 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dearest Jennifer, I know you are playful 🙂 It’s so great to play freely outside ego concerns, isn’t it? Most people are so convinced that the words we use are ours personally that it’s hard to play word games, and it’s hard to play thing-games and any other games, for all becomes so serious if you have to keep track of what you have listed as your particular person and its belongings.

In reality, everything flows, and it flows intelligently, if egos let it. Egos are imagined mental structures belonging together with separating rules, who sooner or later find themselves in a place where the Flow isn’t flowing. I would not call it group consciousness, even in Rudolph Steiner’s terms… for the flow belongs with that consciousness which is completely aware that all individuals and groups are its own playful creations, merely inventions, not there to hinder the Flow but to embody it. Maybe it could be called Oneness consciousness? The One and Only Transpersonal consciousness? Or maybe just consciousness, haha…

Who cares what we call it, if we know ourselves as it, if we flow as it. That’s when we play in creative delight, while all words and things flow as they want to. That’s when there is one being with a myriad eyes to see, mouths/beaks/etc to speak and hands/paws/lianas/etc to do, flowing as one from no thing to all those wonderful things.

So yes, let’s keep playing! 🙂

• #7264 Score: 0

Robin
      Participant
      51 votes
      @robin

Aha, now we’re talking @aurorac! As someone who makes a living as a writer, I know the power of words to influence people in many ways, both good and nefarious. At the best of times, words inspire, inform, elevate and elucidate. At their worst, they evoke fear, hatred and paranoia, to appeal to our basest emotions, with delusions and lies. Words create, or reflect, who we are and what moves us.

And yet we know that words are just human constructs. I love that you compel in us to: “Imagine when all people make their home to rest beyond the mind,” in a transcendent state of awareness. But can mere words do that? How else to communicate what lies beyond this mirror and fabrication, this limited pseudo-reality where humanity imagines itself into being at present?

War, terrorism, violence, competition, division, fear, anger, and hatred are compelling human emotions. They have defined our human race for too long. They have been tied to our instinct for survival and self-preservation.

I am sure that joy must be our ultimate destination if humanity is to survive on this beautiful “blue marble” of heaven where we’ve misguidedly created such hell for ourselves. Short of inducing mass hallucination, how do we appeal to the better angels of our nature to lead everyone (with words or without) into the state of playful awakening that is transcendence, to guide us to the Platonic mind state where Deepak invites us with such evident joy and wonderment–and that is within our own power to reach for?

As I look outside my window at the beautiful pink and purple crape myrtles, river birches with their curling bark, and the yellow day lilies in my yard, I rest in the beauty of nature. It is a balm against the noise of words. Blissful.

Perhaps it is in “no words” or wordlessness (like the “no thing,” or nothing, I have found in the void), that we may find peace.

Sat Chit Ananda,
      Robin

• #7265 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

I’m reminded of the book, The Giver, by Lois Lowry, where precision of language was of paramount importance for the exact meaning to a utopian society. But, after reading this book (and watching the movie) with my kids I began to think, what is the purpose of words?

I did a reading this morning in the Book of Secrets, which I think addresses the topic we’re discussing. I’ll share a small section of the passage I read: Book of secrets: 147-149.

We can choose to focus our attention, and wherever that focus goes, a new reality opens up. Even though they disagreed with each other, both these people were trying to solve the same problem, which is how to be spiritual despite the demands of materialism. And the answers they found are both viable, without either one being the answer (148).

What this means to me so far…is that the conversation may be more clearly represented when we consider what words can do to loosen the binding chains within one, so that we may see oneself more clearly – like the blossoming lotus flowers @sree shared with us in a previous post somewhere on this vast forum. Rather than defining this or that as right or wrong, how does it move the current of energies within you? Has the conversation freed you in any way to a new realization of the Self, as you see it for yourself? If it hasn’t, what happened?

The beauty rises within you! The beauty is you! So much love to you all, so beautiful!!

Love,
      JenniferL

• #7270 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @robin and @jenniferl , I love our discussion and talking with you, I feel like a field flower opening wide to drink the freshness of the morning light.

So, we are reflecting on the purpose of words, on how focusing opens up new realities, on the state of the world, and on how to express spirit in such way that our planet is healed.

I agree with you Robin, words paint worlds, actually it’s not the words themselves, but the quality behind them, some would say their energy. Someone can say the perfect words but they convey something totally different (and I’m thinking of a particular president as a good example), someone can say tough words but we know there are the best intentions behind. Further, some need say nothing at all and their energy conveys their message clearly. All of this, as you Robin say, is a sign that “words (and I would add energy) create, or reflect, who we are and what moves us.”

But this is only true if “who we are” is the person, meaning a particular perspective. So even if we are aware that our energy/words paint=create the world… there is the personal perspective to consider. As long as there is a personal perspective, things will look differently for us all, regardless of words. Some examples:

I once used the words “Being, the Higher Self, God or whatever you want to call it” here on the forum, the word “whatever” meaning the traditional “pick your choice”. To someone else, holding another perspective on what is allowed when discussing God and also used to the slang meaning of the same word, that was an incredible insult. So… have I painted a world of clarity with my words or have I desacralized the Sacred itself?

Another example: A man thanks his wife for being a good wife and keeping the home tidy with a bouquet of flowers and a card saying “Thank you honey”. Perfect, loving words from a perfect husband? Yes, but not if the wife considers that she is an equal in the work done to keep the family going and wants equal access to the income and sure, why not flowers too.

A third example: A country leader represents a country that at one point has chosen a different political system than its neighbors and has kept going in that direction. As the other countries took other directions, that country and leader was increasingly criticized and derided for the different ideas, and was threatened with both arms and exclusion from the club. Not seeing anything of value in its opponents who see nothing of value in him, that leader refuses to obey. Are his inflammatory words a triumphant demonstration of the courage of a sane David against the evil Goliat or is he a mad worthless and dangerous fool surrounded by sane responsible people?

We all paint worlds, and we paint ourselves and each other. Sometimes we agree with how we are painted, and sometimes we don’t. Sometimes we fight to be “repainted” in what we believe are out true colors. But really… what are our true colors if not all of them?

What is the color of our world, in reality? Can it be so that it has all colors, and as Jennifer reminds us, as Deepak has written in probably all his books, as Menas affirms with this book and his work… there is a choice?

But is that choice really with the person? The person has a personal perspective and cannot escape it unless the person becomes another person 🙂 The person is stuck, it is a construct, and it cannot construe anything other than its particular view.

Spirit, on the other hand… spirit is free. Spirit is not afraid of any of its colors, and can choose as easily as placing an intention. As I see it, Spirit doesn’t paint dark colors other than for contrast and maybe fun. But any darkly coloured spot has a free will to change shade, if it knows itself as the wholeness of all colors and not as that particular nuance.

So how do we paint our world with brighter colors? Only from Spirit, only from the silence which knows itself as the transcendent source of any word and world, and who paints with an intelligent wholeness perspective impossible to hold by a localized mind. Being that is, as I see it, the only “act” that is needed and can change anything in our collective painting. What exactly we say … well… as I tried to explain above, that will have different effects depending on who is listening. But being, just being who we truly are, being it with clarity, extracting ourselves from the myriad of battles fought among the myriad of perspectives, no longer placing value on any of them, but placing the value where it belongs- in being, no longer painting each other as persons but accepting that we all are the undivided being … such are the “things” we need to do I would say.

What say you my friends? 🙂

• #7276 Score: 0

SteveCostello
      Participant
      14 votes
      @stevecostello

Dear @aurorac and every beautiful spirit here at YATU. Everyday I read the wonderful conversations here at YATU and have allowed myself to take away and not give back because I have felt the pull of other responsibilities and daily tasks that require my attention. That makes me a little unhappy and especially because I know that time can be found for everything.

@aurorac said,

“But is that choice really with the person? The person has a personal perspective and cannot escape it unless the person becomes another person 🙂 The person is stuck, it is a construct, and it cannot construe anything other than its particular view.”

The phrase “chipping away at the old block” comes to mind because I cannot escape the feeling that I am like the wind. Constantly changing and evolving. If I choose, I can make time to respond here at YATU, edit my work and create more as well as love my family, friends and the universe around me. I am a construct of the universe and as such I have the power to change and grow as my soul sees fit. Yes, there are interferences that temporarily send me back to the block but as soon as I overcome each challenge I can step back to my true place in the universe.
      When I stop and listen, I feel the most thrilling giddy feeling in the area of my solar plexus. If I stop long enough, that feeling travels and fills my entire body. It is such ecstasy that cannot be equalled and in those moments everything is possible.
      A few months ago, a man and his wife bought the house next door to use as a holiday home. On their first night here, they had little in the way of amenities so we invited them to dinner. It struck me that they liked to brag about the things they owned but I thought, “hey that’s their choice.” Some weeks later, our relationship declined because my partner parked our car infront of their gates. He briefly sucked me into his anger until I stepped away and sent him feelings of love. I have continued to do that since. When I see him now, I send those feelings and I can see that he finds something confusing, he doesn’t know what to do. It is as though I am filling in his dark spots with colour. My hope is that one day he will find a way to speak again but until then I will continue to send love. It seems as though he is indeed stuck but my own experiences tell me that he can change.
      It doesn’t make me feel special to know that my love affects him but it does give me hope that he will change.

• #7252 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dear Dr. Chopra ( @deepakchopra ),

There is love. Thank you for the timely response to my post regarding the theories of consciousness. You have helped to clarify my understanding, so far.

I feel you understood the premise of what I was trying to convey when you said, “All theories of consciousness are true for the person imbedded in the construct.” And you went on to say that essentially there is no privileged position. This resonates with me, so far.

As you’ve mentioned before, which I also agree so far as I’ve experienced it so far ;P , knowing is experiencing for oneself. I might add, again correct me please, (@question) for the person having the experience the construct is a modification of the thinking principle when identified at the personality level (in space-time) where the lesson is repeated; however, the construct is a Realization to the person when identified in at least the soul body (outside space and time, in the Eternal Now). Is it here we take the next step as the emerging conscious being?

A quote from Alice Bailey for your illumination:

Their attempt is concentrated then upon transmitting (from egoic levels) the will aspect of the soul. That will has to be imposed upon the personality until it has become the automaton of the soul. Then the intuition takes control, and energies from the intuitional or Buddhic plane begin to make their impact upon the form nature, the personality. Prior to this period of intuitional control, there are many lives wherein the intuition may begin to play its part, and the student learns the meaning of illumination (Treatise on White Magic: 383).

Sending love, light, and gratitude to you and the forum!

Love,
      JenniferL

• #7261 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
      60 votes
      @deepakchopra

Dear Jennifer ( @jenniferl ), thank you for your question! I have answered in Readers Ask: Can Any Theory of Consciousness Explain Consciousness?

Love,
      Deepak

• #7240 Score: 1

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

Dear Jennifer, this is amazing. I am glad you are attempting a Unified Theory of Everything (something that has eluded Einstein and many physicists since). I, too, would love to weave the many threads of consciousness I have learned about our gleaned over a lifetime into a recognizable universal tapestry.

But at the moment, I am having kind of the opposite problem: the threads are unraveling. The more I am immersed in YATU, and listening to and reading, not only Deepak and Menas, but the seers from many wisdom traditions, the less of a tapestry I see. Instead, I am increasingly seeing … nothing. The “thing” my mind/ego would like to grasp onto by following these individual threads is dissolving into a void.

I don’t know why this is happening–maybe it’s just all too overwhelming. Or maybe the consciousness that is the ground of all being is just that, void, out of which we can construct–or deconstruct, to use a term that was much in vogue with some in leadership currently in the US — whatever we want. Or not.

That field of all possibility–just like the quanta that appear as wave or particle only when seen–is, in reality, nonexistent until we identify what we want to see, when we want to see it. And it is gone even before we manifest it, because that was then and this is now…and now…and ever now.

And maybe that is what you are saying in this comment too. Or not. My mind just cannot grasp it now.

And, somehow, that feels okay. In this state of mind, everything is a miracle and nothing is everything. Is this a qualia experience in the now? Has anyone else experienced this?

Sending much light and love,
    Robin

• #7243 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hi @robin , yes, I have experienced it and it is our permanent ground state under the movement of mind. All threads unravel, as you say, when we look deeper. But what is void for the mind is pure aliveness- supremely conscious of its own conscious self.
      When constructs crumble as the sand castles they are… what is there? Mind-boggling reality. In no way is this experience the same as the dull and depressing idea of “nothing at all”, which is just another construct. When we truly face the transcendent… we come face to face with the source and container of all, which IS all. As you say, everything shows itself to be a miracle. I would say that this is the experience of reality, it is awareness being aware of itself.

So glad that you can rest beyond the mind 🙂 Imagine when all people make their home there.

• #7251 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

In the ground state of our being
      and the void of hapless surroundings
      let us sow once more!

<3 JenniferL

• #7250 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dear Robin, @robin

I hear the proverbial nail being hit on the head when you say, “That field of all possibility–just like the quanta that appear as wave or particle only when seen–is, in reality, nonexistent until we identify what we want to see, when we want to see it. And it is gone even before we manifest it, because that was then and this is now…and now…and ever now.”

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback, contributing to the collective process!

Love, Light, and Blessings,
      JenniferL

• #7278 Score: 0

joanne cooper28
    Participant
    20 votes
    @joanne-cooper28

The Essence Of Everything Is Ineffable Yet Completely Experiential.
    It Is Willing To Join With You Fully, But Can Not Live In A Hateful Temple.
    Once You Attempt To Define It, It Will Show Itself To Be Something Else.
    The Light Will Do Nothing For You, But It Will Do Everything With You.
    It Is Completely Loving-Supportive-Life Living-Help Giving.
    Unity Of Mind And Heart Is The Way.
    God Bless You.

• #7285 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dear All,

@aurorac , I appreciate your words more than you may realize and will be magnetizing your post to our refrigerator for the family to read. One of the things I super appreciate about this forum is how the lesson comes through, where each member brings a piece of the puzzle – to me, it’s The Teacher – which, as you are alluding to so eloquently, is more clearly recognized when we’re identified in oneness with the spirit. In other words, putting the ego aside to recognize the grander scheme of things.

@robin : it is fascinating work you are doing. I appreciate hearing about your research of Leonardo Divinci. My oldest son and I have spent many hours oodling over his masterpieces, including a trip to the Divinci Exhibit in Sacramento, Ca, which I believe is here again now. Thank you for bringing forward Jim Carey’s recent mini-documentary, I Needed Color. I looked with awe-inspired wonder – especially at the face of Jesus. I thought the eyes said it all about Jim Carey’s artwork – a deeply healing experience.

@stevecostello: What a beautiful spirit, you are! Love your neighbor as yourself, eh? But, as I’m sure you’re aware, the saying isn’t meant to be interpreted as having to put up with lousy behavior from a neighbor. I hope you say and do all you know to from the highest knowledge you have of yourself! I lift you in prayers, love, and light!

@ joanne-cooper28 “Once You Attempt To Define It, It Will Show Itself To Be Something Else.” I’m reminded of the Trickster in Shaman traditions, here to mirror duality until we come to the realization of oneness. Your poem touches the heart of the matter.

Love again to all,
      JenniferL

• #7295 Score: 1

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

Dear @aurorac, @jenniferl and all,
    I so love our discussions on this board. I hear that Deepak’s now promoting on his Facebook livestreams to send questions to jiyo, instead of this discussion board. Does this mean our discussions here are going away? I hope not — but I understand that it can be resource intensive to host a forum like this. It is here that I feel like I’ve found home.

To follow up on my last post about my visit to the Smithsonian this week, I stumbled upon a sculpture in the Sculpture Garden of the National Gallery of Art called Aurora by sculptor Mark di Suvero – a great steel piece like a great arrow balanced on a gyroscope and pointing east towards the US Capitol, with sunlight filtering through, as if shooting light towards our somehow less-than-enlightened elected leaders in this nation. It felt like great serendipity, that I might never have even noticed, but for our wonderful moderator and her wisdom.

I took a few photos, which I’d love to share, but I can’t figure out how to post them here (and I’ve tried to follow the directions on the web site, to no avail!)

So, dear Aurora, light of the dawn, will we still be able to meet, share and discuss the burning questions of our own enlightenment and occasionally get Deepak to address our existential wonderings here on this forum?

Much light and love, always,
    Robin

• #7300 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @robin , change is happening and it is always good when the intention is good. Everyone is looking for even better and smoother ways for the precious inner-outer work we are all doing together. As you have noticed, the questions to Deepak are now to be sent to [email protected] and Deepak is monitoring that directly. The idea is that it is more efficient, if we want to evolve and improve, for many platforms to gather into one and Jiyo.com is the best hub for that, but in what precise way is not yet clear, it is a process. Poonacha Machaiah, the co-founder of Jiyo, and his team of wonderful people with big hearts and loads of technical know-how is on it right now and has effectively taken over the monitoring of this platform until the needed changes happen.

I would not worry about us all here not being able to continue to meet and grow together, for we will, in the best way. It is not in the form, but in the intention. @jenniferl wants to continue to gather the threads and weave them into one and put some of what is essential on her fridge. @stevecostello wants to continue to “chip away at the old block” in a bond of love with us all here, while reinventing his neighbors with love, loving and serving his family and continuing to discover what else there is. @joanne-cooper28 wants to continue to write her poems and paint her healing art in harmony with you Robin and the wonderful video of Jim Carrey you posted. You Robin are walking together with us, Leonardo, your students and all the kids you address through your online project on the path of self-discovery and creativity. All the others who read and write here are with us all, in their own ways.

Our lives, desires, paths, are completely interlinked. This is the One, existing and moving as many, and we have gathered here to discover our oneness, affirm it, enjoy it, marvel about it 🙂 We will continue being the One as forms shift and change as they wish, to mirror even better that which we are. Love matters(=gives rise to matter), the rest (matter) doesn’t (give rise to matter). Love is what matters, so let’s stay in love while matter shifts as it needs to, for even more bright dreams to take shape.

Robin, I laughed so much as you described the Aurora piece at the Smithsonian. I laughed, for how funny is it, that some One has made a sculpture of what this One has been doing for a while? On this forum, posting a picture is not as easy as we would want it to be, but thankfully things will change 🙂 Until then, dear Robin, if you find it a good idea, just send me the pics on FB and I will post them here.

The show goes on on one stage or another 🙂

• #7302 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Here are Robin’s pictures, for all to enjoy!
      Dear @robin , I hope is is OK that I copy your explanatory texts here too:

“This comes from my visit to the National Gallery of Art last week and the sculpture called Aurora with its pointing towards light. Thought I’d also share Dali’s Last Supper inside the NGA, and the sculpture called LOVE – in Spanish – that is found in the garden.

That last photo is a “selfie” inside the mirrored windows that “separate” the East Gallery and West Gallery of the museum. They are indeed connected by a tunnel below, for which these serve as skylights. So if we look beneath the surface, we find all connected in the web of life.

And the beautiful Ginevra, eternal beauty and one of Leonardo’s masterpieces on permanent exhibition here.”

• #7304 Score: 1

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

Rumi’s Little Book of Life: 129

There are hundreds of religious books
    Yet they are all one chapter,
    there are a hundred different holy places
    yet only one alter.
    All roads lead to the one House
    from one seed a thousand ears of corn emerge.
    There are many kinds of food and drink
    with one purpose only, to feed.
    The eyes of hunger are greedy,
    when satiated with one kind of food
    all others become repulsive to your heart.

Looking forward to keeping in touch with everyone on Jiyo.com

Love,
    JenniferL

• #7411 Score: 0

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

Dearest friends,
    I miss our regular conversations here but treasure going back and gleaning the wisdom that has been gathered in this wonderful forum.

My current question, should anyone care to chime in (@aurorac, @jenniferl, et al.), concerns hurricanes. Specifically, Hurricane Irma, now bearing down on Florida. My brother and mother (aged 99) are riding out the storm in Sarasota, near the epicenter of where they think landfall will be made this afternoon. They are in a building that was designed to hurricane codes, and are set up in a community with other elderly people, so support and services should, hopefully, be available to them throughout the storm, storm surges, localized tornadoes, flooding and aftermath. This storm is truly ferocious.

On a more consciousness level, and knowing our universe is interconnected, I wonder whether the drama we’re creating on the human level can account for the ecosystem needing to balance out our activities in the political, social, environmental, economic, and other madness we’ve created by showering these ever-increasing storms and seismic activities (I’m thinking of the earthquake in Mexico near Guatemala, the wildfires and drought in the Pacific Northwest of the US, the melting of glaciers in the Antarctic, and on and on) to cleanse and rebalance harmonies in the universal order? To understand #YATU, it is surely not random activity.

Would love to know what others think. Can our collective activities as awakening consciousness stem this tide?

I believe in the power of prayer. Please join me in sending prayers to my family and friends in Florida, and all others affected by Irma, Harvey and what may come in the wake of Jose and Katya, on their tails!

Much love,
    Robin

• #7412 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dearest Robin,

I too believe there is an interconnectedness and what we’re witnessing is a reflection of our collective subconscious. I live in the Northwest and have been affected by fires and other disasters in the last year, with evacuations, etc…

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family and all affected by Hurricane Irma and other disasters around the world!

It’s wonderful to hear from you! I miss our regular conversations, too.

Love,
      Jennifer

• #7413 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

Dearest @robin , your question is so important, for what you are asking is- are these dramatic expressions of nature connected to the dramatic expressions of human consciousness, and can we do something about it?

For many, many years I have been fascinated by these questions. I have friends all over the world, and they helped bring the emotional suffering close to me during fires, cold waves, tornados and floods, and from there, the desire to help has been very strong. It is natural for us people to go inward and pray when someone we love is in danger, isn’t it? Well… it is natural and it’s precisely what we need to do. For what are we doing when we pray? We silence the outer, we dive into the inner, as deeply as we can, and with the power of our love, we ask for (project) a good outcome.

All prayers would have an immediate reflection in the manifested world if we went deep enough. It is enough to have the intention. But it has to be from that part of us which is in unity with everything. If you are asking the storm “out there” to calm down, if you see yourself as separate from it … well… I don’t know. But if you go deep and ask from the place where the storm is within you, like any other experience, then the storm obeys, for it is your creation.

Saying that we can affect such events from within consciousness might sound strange to some, or it may sound plausible to some… it doesn’t matter. What matters is practice. Practice with focus and attention. Most people start with smaller/easier things, like asking for/projecting a free parking place, but there is no size difference when it comes to manifestation.

I join you in seeing your loved ones safe Robin. I have my methods to strengthen that choice, and I will also intend a good outcome for all who are in the area. But everyone who has the desire should use their own method in consciousness, whatever helps you go deep enough and focus with spiritual and not ego power.

Sending love to you Robin. Release the worry if you can, and go deeper, for you can help much better from there.

• #7420 Score: 0

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

Dear Jennifer and Aurora,
    Many thanks for these heartening words. I don’t by any means think that Hurricane Irma is/was/will be the only threat to our planet. To me, it feels like Mother Nature is doing her best to rebalance all the disharmonies, and the extent to which she must go to do that is ever-increasing because we humans have become so disconnected.

So yes, Aurora, these reflect the turbulence of our human consciousness. And a deeper dive into our souls (a.k.a., prayer) is precisely the prescription. I feel that the collective prayers we all sent to Florida were a factor in dissipating this monster storm into a tropical one and that those living in its path suffered far less than they might have had not all the resources, efforts, precautions and prayers been put into place.

The key in the aftermath, to my mind, is to harness and continue that goodwill that is so often evident in the face of disaster, but sadly lacking in the day-to-day, as most people sleepwalk through life. There was an interesting (and slightly terrifying) opinion piece in the Washington Post yesterday about how Google, Facebook and other Silicon Valley giants are in a race to harness human behavior and meld man-mind-robot into one automaton under their control. I’m not sure that they would be doing to us anything we haven’t done to ourselves…sleepwalking through life except in those dramatic moments where our very survival is threatened.

Wake up, world!

Grateful for so much wisdom here. I hope we can continue the check-ins.
    Much love,
    Robin

• #7422 Score: 0

Sree
    Participant
    22 votes
    @sree

Well, this is some synchronicity right here! Strong but disparate threads of thought have been running in my head over the past few weeks, looking for an opportunity to get organized, so this is perfect.

Basically, I can’t help but see a flood of opportunities for reflection and increased awareness wherever I look. For instance, during Hurricane Harvey, as I watched the waters rise outside my home, first submerging the street, then the kerbs, then the sidewalk, then the front yard, leaving just an undifferentiated sheet of flowing water in view, I was reminded of why the flood is a common metaphor for the end of days (at least Biblical and Vedic that I know of). Granted, it could be literal (climate change taken to its logical extreme), but could very well stand for the progressive understanding of the common Spirit in all of creation, or that quick/instant realization of consciousness as the enabler of all distinctions.

So anyway, the waters receded from my doorstep, and I duly notified my extended family later on social media. One response (from a particularly devout cousin) was “God is great!”. I realize he was personally grateful that we remained dry and safe, but it set me thinking: Does God’s greatness hinge on whether He favors my personal preferences? Or is God great by definition? If so, who is the one defining? Made for some interesting discussions at home, especially during the dark nights when we were rendered power-less by Harvey.

The whole experience was really fascinating – it motivated so many regular citizens to brave the floodwaters to rescue total strangers, just as it drove other regular citizens to loot vacant homes and misappropriate funds. Personally, I witnessed many miracles – neighbors talking to each other (instead of drive-by waving), teenagers making sustained eye contact and actually reading printed material again, husbands helping with the dishes, etc… and that was all just on my street!

The point you raise, @robin, is a whole ‘nother area. Clearly, Aurora has pondered it longer and at much greater depth than I ever have, and her words above ring true. My first thought typically has been to say “Thy Will be done”… to simply ask to be in harmony with the universe and for deeper understanding of its direction. I haven’t (yet) tried moving it in the direction of getting me a free parking space, but I regularly have the experience of projecting clarity and goodwill in order to move people around me in the direction of the greater good as I see it. I’m sure they are similar at some level. But in general, I feel that deeper and more expanded awareness can only help, in *any* situation.

Like you, Robin, I’m grateful for the wisdom here and for the insightful conversations on such topics. Love to all,
    Sree

• #7423 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

@sree
      I’m so glad to hear you and your family are safe after Hurricane Harvey. I pictured the flood waters creeping up to your home, as I read your words, and marveled at how Mother Nature can so quickly change our sense of well-being and the landscape around us, causing us to ponder the nature of God’s will.

@robin
      Nature finding balance makes sense to me, as I think about a God that is neither sentimental nor completely distant from us. Our prayers may have in deed been answered. Wouldn’t a being that is also the universe remember to ask for what is wanted? Or does one command it, so?

@ Aurora
      Clear intentions or alignment of our thoughts, feelings, and actions to a higher purpose within ourselves would seem to be a more effective way to pray. Praying with fear or doubt may bring us more to fear or doubt until we realize our oneness with the universe.

I felt an inward, intuitive if you will, nudge to evacuate last year when forest fires threatened our home. I started packing the mini-van with our most precious belongings and saying goodbye to what I was leaving behind, hours before the authorities knocked on our door mandating we evacuate immediately. When my family and I left, it wasn’t clear if we’d have a home when we returned.

God’s provisional kept running through my mind. I repeated a mantra, “what I need I have,” when I thought of what I was leaving behind so that it all could return to us once settled again.

We returned a few days later to our home, safe and snug in the woods of Concow, California, with the smell of freshly burned embers stinging our nostrils. The fire came dangerously close to our neighborhood, but the winds shifted late in the night and carried it in another direction, sparing most of the neighborhood. Two houses were lost to the fires that summer.

So, for me, getting out of the way is probably the first thing I think of when disasters are imminent. However, today, I’m thinking about God’s will and my alignment with that. Am I where I know to be? Am I aware of my circumstances and any dangers? How do I know?

I think, so far, that when we’re aware of ourselves, it puts us in contact with awareness of our surroundings. And perhaps, it’s not just about getting to safety but also learning to mitigate the danger in the first place, because we learn to live consciously with the environment, while at the same time bettering conditions as we live more harmoniously with Mother Earth. YATU!

Prayers, love, and light!
      Love,
      Jennifer

• #7427 Score: 1

Austin
    Participant
    1 vote
    @austinread

The participatory universe is the solution to all the problems we face as human beings. All the happy accidents that have led me to this moment seem to be part of a single scheme… I am just grateful. Daily practice of transcendental meditation along with placing my intention and attention in the right places has shown me that nothing can be overshadowed by the true identity of the self. Life has turned into a magical experience, wether it’s spontaneusly fulfilling desires, or learning about aspects of myself, I see my reflection in all people.I read these beautiful reactions to the posed question, I feel these are differentiated aspects of the same consciousness expressing itself through us all. Shifting my awareness from object referral to self referral has allowed me to live from the level of the soul, and that has made all the difference. After recently reading the book Connected: The Surprising Power of Our Social Networks and How They Shape Our Lives
    Book by James H. Fowler and Nicholas A. Christakis, I am realizing the importance and significance of the human universe or the participatory universe. People all around me seem to be addicted to their default negative emotional state, doing anything to distract themselves in a hope to cover up or avoid this deep seated sense of lack. Something inside them does not want to transcend this false sense of self keeping them spell bound to self created misery. Which leads me to ask the question… why are these negative reflections still showing up in my life? Understanding Complementarity has given me great comfort, which holds that cosmic consciousness keeps opposites in balance without one side abolishing the other, after all, who would I be today without all of the people I have learned from in my life? Probably just like them, addicted to the same melodrama and anxiety riddled emotional states. All the people in my life with dysfunction that have led me to this indestructible reality, will one day be a big part of spreading, living, and being this pure consciousness that is free of the past, that is my intention. However I recognize that it’s hard enough to transform yourself, let alone other people. My life experience, combined with reading “You are the universe” has led me to agree that we are living in a participatory universe. Although this knowledge has been known by some for ages, I feel this is only the beginning of a new reality. It’s up to us all collectively, which is why this forum is so inspiring to me. The fact that the participatory universe fits no existing model in classical science, inspires me to dive deep into the true self through inner silence and continue to better my approach to life. Thanks for reading. Wishing all peace and joy,
    Much Love,
    Austin

• #7434 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

@austinread

Thank you for suggesting the book, Connected. I’ve ordered it from Amazon. It looks like an amazing read!

Love,
      Jennifer

• #7429 Score: 1

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

So wonderful to see this conversation seeded anew. @sree, you are in my thoughts with all the cleanup you, and everyone in Texas, have in front of you, post-Harvey. I am amazed at the spirit and generosity with which you are facing it. Glad there was synchronicity with our stories to prompt your posting here.

@jenniferl, I really need to read your thoughts over several times to allow them to sink in. You have given us much to ponder. The question of “where I know to be” is a really good one, because it reminds us to stay in alignment with consciousness, that universal channel through which all wisdom is available for those willing to tune in. How you “knew” intuitively to evacuate your home before anyone was given an “official” warning, and that you listened to your intuition–it seems that we are more apt to “know” these things in an emergency, than at other times. But the wisdom is always there. So glad your house was spared!

@austinread, so wonderful to hear how the “participatory universe” is opening you up to dive deeper. I will have to check out “Connected”–after I tackle the 6 books awaiting me on my night stand, the most recent of which is Einstein and the Rabbi, by Naomi Levy, about a correspondence between the great scientist and a rabbi and WWII navy chaplain who was a true hero in helping liberate the concentration camps, and who was able to make a deep and abiding connection with 1,000 children at Bergen-Belsen at the end of the war. He made sure to help those children heal mentally and physically from the scars of genocide, when their families had been lost. And then he helped them make their way to freedom immediately after the war in Israel. But he, himself, fell apart when he lost his own son to polio at the age of 11. By the way, one of those children he saved was Elie Wiesel.

We never know where we may touch even one life that can, in turn, bring more light to the world. It requires that we stay awake to the possibilities of love, faith, hope and trust.It’s a beautiful universe when we can all participate to our fullest capacity.

Grateful to all in this forum who are here to bring ever more light in the world.
    Robin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X