Being aware of being aware.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gary 4 years ago.

• Author

Gary
    Participant
    5 votes
    @gschilkey

Dear Deepak,

As I read “You Are the Universe” and listen to you and Rupert Spira I am starting to realize reality as awareness/consciousness. I have come up with a new definition for virtual reality. That is the ego existing in time (from thought) and space (from perception).

How do you maintain being aware of being aware in your daily life?

Thanks for your efforts in building a critical mass.

Gary S.

• #6925 Score: 1

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear Gary:

This is an excellent question, I would say it is THE question. I call it Living the Living Presence. Maintaining the awareness in the everyday life is addressed in the great Kashmir Saivite text Siva Sutras “The bliss of the world is the bliss of Samadhi”. In other words, seeing, feeling, experiencing the Presence, who is the real You in every moment of life.

But how? One way is the view everything as You by contemplating that without your experience, a particular “thing” would not exist for you. If it exists for someone else, how would you know? Perhaps, one might say, by asking the other, about her experience. But isn’t even asking the “other”, your own experience?

Another way is to just be aware of your own breath. Your breath gives you life, it is the specific living process or you. Without breath, you would not be aware of anything. So maintain the awareness of your breath and your breath will reveal your own awareness.

Anything that takes you back to your own inner presence works. Little by little you will feel the bliss of your own Self, the real You, who is everything that there is, everywhere and every time.

Blessings,

Menas

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • #6940 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Thank you @gschilkey for asking the question and for participating in the collective awakening.

Thank you also Menas, this was a beautiful way to explain and good practical tips on how to maintain awareness.

• #6942 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear Gary, thank you for your question! I have answered in Readers Ask: How Do We Awaken to Reality?

Love,
    Deepak

• #6961 Score: 1

Gary
    Participant
    5 votes
    @gschilkey

Dear Menas,
    Thanks for the specific, good down to earth, in the trenches suggestions.

Aurora,
    Thanks for your comments and the organization you bring to tying the comments and people together.

Deepak,
    As always thanks for your answers and the energy and effort you bring to bear.

Best regards,
    Gary

This post has received 1 vote up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X