Can Understanding 'You Are the Universe' Help Heal Me and the World?

////Can Understanding 'You Are the Universe' Help Heal Me and the World?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Aurora Carlson 4 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Here is my answer to the following question I received today:

“Dear Deepak,

So many of my friends are worried, scared and angry about the changes we are going through. It seems that we are all shouting at each other and I fear that arguing and violence will not solve anything. I don’t know how to tackle these scary times and I honestly can’t see the way forward. If I am the universe, why do I feel that the world has gone crazy? I have ordered your book, will it help me?”

Please watch and let me know what you think.

Love,
    Deepak

• #4588 Score: 1

joanne cooper28
    Participant
    20 votes
    @joanne-cooper28

So in essence Deepak is saying the problems in the world stem from humans who have lost their connection to spirit, and are using a back and forth energetic orientation. Right? Being a connected human is a very real thing. 🙂 Thanks

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • #4612 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Joanne, yes, being connected is a whole other thing than being disconnected, and it is real! The funny thing is that those who believe that the world is “out there”, separate from and in conflict with the self, see us as disconnected 🙂 We are disconnected from all the fighting, yes, but connected to the effortless inner flow. The universe is manifesting itself as something completely new and evolved, and we are gratefully becoming just that!

• #4589 Score: 1

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

Commented in the FB live yesterday (didn’t get to watch it live, so my comment was after the webcast) and Aurora invited me to expand on this thought: Feeling optimistic. These times leave openings for positive connections for *right action* as Buddhist thought conceives the awareness to act consciously with compassion, love and gratitude.

So I live in the Washington, DC area and attended the Women’s March on Washington last Saturday. What an amazing gathering–one of many. I went with one of my sons, his girlfriend and her mom, and a group. I have lived in DC for years, and have never seen such a convocation of people–big, small, old, young, female, male and trans, every nationality, religion (or non-religion as I knew some confirmed atheists who were there). Although we got pretty close to the main stage, we couldn’t really hear any of the speakers. What we did hear were chants, cheers and periodic waves of roaring support and cheering that rippled across the crowd, from the Capitol to the Washington Monument (a long space!) and all the way to the White House. It felt like a “wave of infinite possibility” as a quantum physicist (or I think Menas referred to himself as a field physicist) might describe the phenomenon on the quantum level.

But this was a visible wave of energy. It felt like an opening in the field. Synchronistically, I was watching “The Force Awakens” – the Star Wars with a reunion of the late, great Carrie Fisher reprising her role as Princess Leia – and whoever it was who had gone over to the Dark Side (and I haven’t seen the Rogue movie yet, so please, no spoilers), pledging to stay there, says at one point, “I am feeling a shift towards the light.”

That’s how the march, and all the actions since then have felt to me — a shift in the collective towards the light. It’s certainly not universal, but it is BIG, it is kind and it is unified. And Trump and those pledging to stay in darkness feel like a weak and losing force in this wave.

As a collective field on the planet, the force is awakening. And this is not just a feeling–it’s accompanied by conscious and conscientious action–whether it’s resistance or underground movements (all the new alt-gov Twitter, pro-science and progressive handles popping up with massive followings, even with no tweets yet!) to get the facts out there. After the recent executive action to eban travelers and refugees from certain Muslim countries (note: these are not the ones where Trump has business ventures) from entering the US, even the Pope is speaking out.

I am feeling so energized! Going to Marianne Williamson’s Sister Giant conference this week to engage with more of that collective spirit. Last I heard, there were more than 1,000 people registered for the event here in DC or the livestream. I’m sure that will grow.

We are not going to sleep again, and I think, in some ways, we have Trump to thank. As Deepak pointed out, where there is chaos and darkness, there is also the potential for creativity and intuitive knowing–in us as individuals and (my own feeling about this) in the collective.

Or as the late Leonard Cohen sang, “There is a crack in everything. That is how the light gets in.”

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • #4611 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Robin, it’s such a delight to sense your enthusiasm! To be enthused is to be in the middle of the great river of life, flowing at the speed of the Universe! 🙂
      I feel like you, that the small fortresses we people have hidden behind are cracking now, willingly or not. For some this time of great change feels exhilarating, for others it’s scary to have to let go of obsolete beliefs in order to be able to step into the unknown. One thing is certain, we need compassion for ourselves and each other in this process. It is a process that contains us all and we are all doing the best we can from the awareness we have.

I wish you a great time at Marianne Williamson’s event, she is unleashed passion personified! Let us know what new insights you gathered there! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X