This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Richa 4 years ago.

• Author

Richa
    Participant
    32 votes
    @richa

@question
    Dear Dr. Chopra,
    Namaste! It is always a blessing to hear from you. I would like to pose you a question.

The dictionary definition of “consciousness” is: “the state of being awake and aware of one’s surroundings.”

There is so much turmoil in the world. If we live in a conscious universe, how come we can’t stay awake and aware with the cosmos at all times?

Of course, yoga and meditation help us connect with the conscious world. Today in the 21-day meditation, the reflective question was: How can we serve? And the mantra was: Om Vardhanam Namah. I nourish the universe and the universe nourishes me.

While experiencing the bliss of meditation, one can feel awake and aware with routine practice. Otherwise, when dealing with a difficult circumstance or person, one forgets to apply the spiritual wisdom practically, such as a simple virtue of staying calm in all situations. How can one remain consciously connected to the universe in times of even a challenging situation? Isn’t that the real test of living in a conscious universe?

I am so grateful to you for all you do! I look up to you and thank you for sharing your wise wisdom.

Love & regards,

Richa

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #7256 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear @richa , thank you for your question! I have answered in Readers Ask: Theories of Consciousness and How Your Beliefs Shape Your Reality

Love,
    Deepak

• #7283 Score: 0

Richa
    Participant
    32 votes
    @richa

Dear Dr. Chopra,

I thank you so much for your response. Thanks for explaining the different theories of consciousness and how beliefs shape reality. Like you explained, “Consciousness is that in which all experience occurs, all experience is known, and out of which all experience is made. Beliefs of reality reside in consciousness only.” That is a very interesting phenomenon. I am a beginner to meta-physics, but I will study your videos further to expand my understanding.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Richa

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X