This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mary A Goetsch 3 years ago.

• Author

Mary A Goetsch
    Participant
    4 votes
    @mary-a-goetsch

Agreeing that the first-cause is consciousness (the string, or smallest bit unit capable of being holographic) rather than matter/energy: Regardless of what is fundamental (be it consciousness or matter/energy), the real question is if individual human consciousness survives intact after death. Someone with wealth and also wishful thinking might be inclined to invest in a cryonics contract with the bio-medical company in California that offers whole-body freezing and also “head-only.” (Alcor, is the name if you wish to print). After all, reading your book in its entirety suggests that ultimate reality is the spiritual world. Going a step further with this, one might believe they could resist joining the collective consciousness by resurrecting themselves as the individual they were before death. On the other hand, reason should tell consumers that if the ultimate reality IS spirit, then there is certainly no need to try to live forever. Can you relate YATU topics to subject of Soul? Or is that another subject and irrelevant to current book?

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #5516 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear Mary, thank you for your question! I have answered in Readers Ask: Does Consciousness Survive Death?

Love,
    Deepak

• #5547 Score: 0

Mary A Goetsch
    Participant
    4 votes
    @mary-a-goetsch

I get it. Since our awareness/consciousness is not subject to birth and death, it is what I thought about cryonics- freezing bodies or heads will not accomplish immortality. On this subject, you actually are on the same side as Skeptics who you debate on other topics! The idea of fundamental consciousness closely resembles a movie I just saw (on DVD): The Time Traveler’s Wife. After he died in real life, he was not constricted in meeting up with his wife and daughter at a later point in their timelines. Of course, people thought the man was crazy when he described his timeless condition. Our imagination limits us unless we feel free to let it be open to all possibilities.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X