Do We Create Our Own Reality?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Aurora Carlson 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

In this video I am reading a few passages from the Overview of You Are the Universe and answering the following question:

“You write that nothing is real ‘out there’ independent of us. Would you please expand on why it is so?”

Let me know what you think!

Love,
    Deepak

• #5058 Score: 1

Deepesh
    Participant
    5 votes
    @deepesh

Yes Sir!!We do create our reality.
    Reality is merely an illusion…
    What we see is nothing but the light rays from different locus striking our retina creating specific patterns in our brain and our perception of an object coupled with previous experience.
    We hear sound waves which are the transverse waves travelling through cochlea via 8th cranial nerve to auditory cortex and interpreted.
    Touch is nothing but the sensation again through reflex arc…
    Tactile,auditory,visual,gustatory and Olfactory sensations are illusions of reality…
    The real sensation which shapes our reality is the 6th sense or ESP which is also known as common sense in a layman’s language..

The common sense or this 6th sense leads to patterns in our subconscious mind creating or shaping our reality through timely suggestions(through intuition),temporary setbacks adding more experiences and inspiration..
    This information on being repetition creates patterns in our subconscious leads to the manifestation through transmitting the same to superconscious mind….
    Iam not sure if it works but it worked a bit in my case..
    I look forward to your guidance and support in the process of discovering myself and open to any suggestions if provided…
    Thank you so much.
    Regards,
    Dr.Deepesh Patidar

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • #5068 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Deepesh, thank you for these thoughts, I enjoyed reading and I thought of what Deepak said in one of the videos, that there is no sound without hearing. I guess there is nothing at all without a conscious observer…

Do you know that you can ask Deepak questions? If you’d like to ask something, choose the most suitable forum (every forum is a chapter of the book You Are the Universe), go to the General Discussion subforum, and start a new topic with your question. We, the moderators, do our best to bring them to Deepak and he answers as many as he can. Please see to it that you check the box “notify me of replies” whenever you post so you don’t miss answers from the authors and community. You can also subscribe to the forums that interest you.

Enjoy interacting! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X