Dreaming State and Karma

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Deepak Chopra 3 years ago.

• Author

JoAnnaBrogdon
    Participant
    2 votes
    @joannabrogdon

Can you work on your mind’s conditioning and release your karma in your dream state?

I have always had an active dream life but more recently, as I’m getting more consistent with my meditation practice and experiencing more presence in my waking life, my dream life has become very alive and very intense.

Most nights I have many dreams and I am a very active participant(s) in the dream. For example, I will have a conflict ridden situation where I am experiencing the emotions of both parties in my dream. I will recognize myself in the dream and many times I will be angry or feeling very pressured or stressed and then I will become the other party in my dream and understand how that person is impacted by my behaviors. Feelings of anger, guilt, shame, frustration and fear come up very intensely. Often times I am lucid in the dreams and I can navigate them. Many times I wake up and I have a lot of insights into my behavior and understanding and compassion for myself. My dreams are becoming my teacher and a guide for my waking life. I am very curious about what is happening. This morning right after quite an exciting night of dreaming, I woke up and I had this question come to me. It was like a voice said to me… “ask Deepak if you are releasing your karma in your dreaming state.”

Sometimes I will just sit with myself in the morning when I first wake up and those will be some of my most precious moments of the day. I will feel very in touch with my soul and a feeling that everything is going to be OK. It is almost like magic is happening my sleep. Any additional insight you can offer here would be appreciated. Thank you and Namaste.

This post has received 2 votes up.
  • #6670 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear JoAnna ( @joannabrogdon ), thank you for the question! I have answered in Readers Ask: Can We Attain Freedom from Karma in Dream State?

Love,
    Deepak

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X