Every Thing Is The Same Thing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Deepak Chopra 3 years ago.

• Author

Psychedelicacy
    Participant
    13 votes
    @psychedelicacy

Just because one doesn’t remember anything before they were born doesn’t mean there was nothing forever for them before they were born. It’s just evidence of a lack of remembering, not evidence for a lack of experience. You may have had an infinity of experiential sessions before this current experiential session. They may have taken place across infinity. Occurring in an infinite amount of times and spaces. I think ultimately the self is the whole reality – everything ever. We’re all expressions of the same one thing. It may very well be, that there’s only one subject existing, which experiences all contexts of experience. And that subject would be me and you. Uncaused, ungenerated, unsustained by anything. It just is – because it can’t not be. Why can’t it not be? Because nothing doesn’t exist. It’s self-defeated, self-nullified by something. There’s only ever been being and existence. Nothing persists in any state forever, but nothing is lost. Everything returns to the source.

Everything may be in the process of working itself out into perfection – so nothing ever goes wrong again. Maybe that’s the point of finding ourselves as these bodies, we’re aiding the ultimate reality, in accomplishing this. Whatever each of us is doing is something useful to the ultimate reality – that perfect and sublime state we’re evolving towards.

And when I die it reminds me it could be like being cast into an ineffable anything goes experience of feeling everything imaginable and unimaginable simultaneously, entrance into the weirdest state ever. An auto-corrective state to then return to the natural state of harmonious union.

This post has received 2 votes up.
  • #4666 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

Very beautiful observations, thank you! I especially liked this:

I think ultimately the self is the whole reality – everything ever.

I remember instances from many so called past lives, and I know many others who do. The fact that most people don’t remember has a strange effect, I sometimes compare it to not remembering that there was yesterday, and believing that falling asleep means the end of life. It’s like living in societies where people grieve for everyone who has fallen asleep and dread their own evening.

But if you read You Are the Universe, you will find a very interesting discussion about linear time and about experience in general. I’m curious what you will think of that.

You wrote “Everything may be in the process of working itself out into perfection – so nothing ever goes wrong again”. My question to you is- how do you define “wrong”?

• #4839 Score: 0

Psychedelicacy
    Participant
    13 votes
    @psychedelicacy

My definition of wrong, is pain, simply. Sensory and emotional pain. Like the horror of burning alive in a fire – sensory. Or grief/shock over your girlfriend for example, being beheaded. Sorry, for the bad imagery. But I was illustrating the wrongness of pain. Why it shouldn’t exist, anywhere, ever. There should only be neutral and euphoric/blissful.

Think about reality, it’s infinitude, size-wise, and endlessness in time. An infinite number of beings across the multiverse, experiencing tormented/tortured/agonizing/horrific sensory/bodily and emotional experiences. I guess, I can’t see how there’s anything right about that. It feels like it’s just a sign of imperfection. God/ourself is imperfect or helpless to not have all of that be a reality for each of its egos it’s going to live as.

I always think it’s slightly mean of God/the timeless awareness we are, to not give any clue to the innumerable egos/subjectivities it’ll play as that they’re each eternal and everything is one. Instead, at least on this planet, the mass of people live in fear that death is the ultimate end. Doubts that maybe I do just stop forever when I die. So, I think that’s wrong. Every role/actor/mask/personality/ego God wears should at least have a clear sense that they’re eternal.

• #4859 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Yes… I understand. But how would you feel if you always experienced only the sweet taste? Would not that be boring and uniform after an infinite while? Would you not welcome some other taste of experience?

The moral aspect of inflicted pain is something that can be discussed in other ways, but for natural pain, like childbirth for example, I see it as a flavor of experience which gives wholeness its… wholeness. Contrast makes any great work of art what it is …

• #5196 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear Psychedelicacy, thank you for your questions! I have responded in Readers Ask: Why Does God Allow Suffering?

Love,
    Deepak

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X