Great Art is closer to truth than science, as is pure Source expression

////Great Art is closer to truth than science, as is pure Source expression

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Derek Whitney 4 years ago.

• Author

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

I would appreciate Deepak sharing any thoughts on the above statement – although from his love of Rumi, Tagore and others….I sense he would agree that the great poets, artists and composers come closest in guiding all towards divine truth because their art is merely them ‘being’ a conduit for Source to flow and express what he/she/it chooses to with all of us.

Rumi, Tagore, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Michelangelo……..each created and shared from ‘pure divinity’ works that point to the greatness that resides within and behind all.

By contrast, science, which is rooted in human thought, is at best poor translation and only able to speak to approximately 4.5% of true reality as that is the percentage of reality that is form / observable and able to be studied scientifically.

95.5% of the universe, of ‘what is’ has always been and is still beyond current scientific analysis, but there is a deepening ‘knowing’ from ‘being’ which is what Deepak, Lao Tzu, Jesus, Buddha, Eckhardt Tolle, Wayne Dyer, Marcus Aurelius, Rumi, Tagore, Socrates and others worth listening to throughout history have shared.

Source communicates creatively with all through some and I too feel blessed at 52 to be writing my first book, based entirely on a divinely received insight that came under the stars on Lennox Head Beach. Source spoke clearly when I was in an almost meditative state on a deserted 7 mile stretch of beach 9 months ago saying ‘You cannot know me by thought, you and all can only know me by the Feltness that you are.’
    ‘Feltness’ is the Source gifted term for the literal truth of the invisible, sensitive, intelligent energy of the Universe that, at essence, we each and all are.

Wishing Deepak and Menas Kefatos huge global recognition and success with ‘You are the Universe’ and am also hoping that my own book ‘Feltness’ may contribute in it’s own smaller way to the species awakening required to save us from ourselves.

• #4721 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Hi Derek,

Great question! HERE is my response to, “is art closer to truth than science?”

Please share any more thoughts on this topic!

Love,
    Deepak

• #4725 Score: 0

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Thank you Deepak for your informed and appreciated response to the question posed.

Albert Einstein once cleverly said ‘It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense and be, as if describing a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure.’

Ludwig Van Beethoven said: ‘Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be, we hear his voice, we read his lips, the vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man’s soul.’

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart said: ‘Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.’

As you have previously and I believe honourably guided Deepak, the ultimate answer is always, it seems – Love.
    Therefore when I posed the question is great art closer to truth than science – it was alluding more to the ultimate truth being Love.

If we accept this as truth, then I believe, great art, as evidenced in the words and works of Rumi, Tagore, Mozart, Beethoven and co. arises and flows purely from the one Loving Source of all creation …and in doing so, one could understandably point that it must then be closer to ultimate truth, than historical human thought based science has ever been able to be.

However I do believe, you are already onto this and hence are very wisely and helpfully looking to create a ‘new science’ by merging the best of historic and current science with the deeper ‘knowings’ that have always been behind and within great poetry, philosophy, music, art, ancient wisdom traditions and all Source/Love based ‘truths’.

I do sense that the declining role of great/sensitive art/music/poetry in our culture, along with the declining individual human connection to nature as cities increase in number and size, are two key contributing factors that underpin our species being the greatest ‘self harmers’ on the planet. Art/music/poetry have always played a vital role in keeping our alignment with Source/Love.

Sadly, the more disconnected from nature/Source we are becoming – the more technical and robotic the popular music is becoming and so the cycle continues and evolves.

Thank you Deepak, you are a very welcome voice of deep guiding wisdom in a time of much distortion and distraction…..very much appreciated from here in Lennox Head, Australia and globally.

I would like to be a voice to help raise more awareness of these important things too….and am intentioning that life lived forward may provide more of an opportunity to do so.

Namaste

• #5192 Score: 0

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Some additional thoughts in the intention of clarity on this:
    The human mind is innately ‘all over the place’ in terms of it’s ability to think Loving thoughts.
    It seems it has been designed to be so, so as to expand cosmic consciousness both through ‘Love’ inspired thought and ‘anti-Love’ inspired thought, such as in the development of weapons of mass destruction etc.

For, as Lao Tzu wisely alluded to in his brilliant TAO TE CHING, it is the contrasting combination of LOVE inspired thoughts and actions and PAIN causing activities that ultimately supports and serves the cosmic eternal evolution towards deepening the form experiences to ultimately ‘just being Love’.

The evidence of Source intention for all forms to ‘just be Love’ can be found in the established fact that when studied in a laboratory, the cells of every form of life on Earth, ‘optimally perform’ when placed in an ‘environment of co-operative harmony’…which for humans and many other creatures is best evidenced as Love.

The true, vast, unlimited, kind, creative, caring, sensitive, ‘Feltness intelligence’ of the Universe/Source resides beyond thought and is most purely and helpfully alluded to by any time alone in nature, by the music of Mozart/Beethoven and all great composers, the deeply sensitive sculptures of Rodin and Michelangelo, the toughing sensitivity of dance, the works of Shakespeare and other great writers, the poems of Rumi, Tagore and many, many Source connected others, as most great artists will attest that when the divine inspiration flows through them, it comes from a ‘divine connection’ beyond thought….indeed it is them ‘just being’ the unique ‘energetic radio frequency’ they were created to be in order to ‘just be and in just being, to receive the creative expression of Source…through their form’ ..but not originating from their form.

Therefore great ART will always be a better pointer to Source intention than science ever will be.

Nature and great Art are our truest guiding pointers to home.

Let’s commit and work to elevate their place in the global human experience and to reduce the focus on all distraction, of which there is much work to do.

Namaste

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X