How Did Life First Begin?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Vikram Chauhan 4 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

After reading a few passages I answer a question about the chapter How Did Life First Begin?.

Question:
    “How does physicalist physics explain life? Can life be explained by the science of consciousness?”

Let me know what you think!

Love,
    Deepak

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #4949 Score: 1

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Linked to The even deeper Eternal Unanswerable – where did Source originate?

EveryTHING that we know, we can all agree, has a beginning and an end.

Except Source.

Source, as you clearly also attest Deepak and Menas, is not a thing….but is Formless, ageless, timeless being.

It is an easier point just to accept – than to give much thought energy to.

Source was, is and ever shall be.

At some point in eternity – Source first created form – when, where and how – no idea and happy again to accept we will never ‘thought know’….but we can ‘Feltness sense’ that it is true. For it is ‘we’ who did so. It is part of our shared One ‘personal history’.

And in our collective Universal Energy memory – which we each at essence are – we hold that formless memory knowing.

Truly a miracle….as is all of this wondrous experience that we call life.

Amen & Namaste

• #5064 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Derek, reading your post made me think of how impossible it is to answer the question you pose- where did Source originate- from the time-bound level of mind. That question comes from the part of the self which lives in linear time, with a past, present and future.

To really understand we need to transcend the level of that question and go deeper in ourselves, to the self which is timeless. When I look from there, there is amusement over the entire concept of time and the idea that anything is something other than the self, existing.

• #5054 Score: 1

sara jones
    Participant
    5 votes
    @sara-jones

Life has been humanly portrayed as having a clear beginning & an end as does all that we perceive through our human senses.
    Because we are taught this, eternity is a difficult concept for humans to grasp…..but there is no beginning or end, it always has been & always will be….through our human senses of sight, touch, hearing, smell & taste it may appear something is no longer but the energy will always remain….the form is merely the outer covering, the essence or energy is eternal.
    If existence is looked upon as a circle with no beginning & no end instead of a straight line that starts and finishes we can, through our limited minds maybe begin to understand the meaning of eternal & eternity.

• #5065 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Well said Sara. I was trying to express this same thought, that eternity is a difficult concept, I would say impossible even. Impossible for the time-bound mind 🙂 Only when eternal is realized to mean timeless, in other words beyond the concept of linear time, only then everything falls in place. Deepak and Menas discuss this in the book, a very detailed and good discussion on time.

• #5094 Score: 1

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Hi and thank you Aurora…yes..I agree.
    Being and knowing ourself as Love gifts unlimited and ultimate peace, joy, gratitude and heart fullness.
    I hope and sense that this may be what we experience post our current form’s journey and that this ‘human noble mission’ that we are undertaking simply helps to inform and deepen the wondrous eternal experience of non form Love ‘being’ that we return to.

Awakening is such a miracle in itself – as though life to this point was but a dream – and continues to be so at times…but aahh the unlimited peace, joy, equanimity, playfulness, hope, courage, strength, affection, child like wonder and awe and true Love that we come to know ourselves, at essence, as, from and for.

Is beyond words….perhaps Mozart, Bach, Sunrise/Sunsets, butterflies, babies and the like point most strongly towards.

Namaste

• #6076 Score: 0

Vikram Chauhan
    Participant
    11 votes
    @vikram-chauhan

The answer lies in quantum mechanics. When an electron is not observed, it goes into possibilities. It means it goes into possibilities of thoughts.

Life is nothing but thoughts. Before thoughts came into being, there were only possibilities of thoughts.

So, life started from possibilities – from possibilities of thoughts. Possibilities are always there – they are eternal. And life started from a pool of eternal possibilities – possibilities that are nebulous.

To go a bit deeper, when an electron is not observed, it goes into possibilities – but these possibilities are “locked” to some extent. Since you still think that it is an electron. If the possibilities were not “locked” by your thinking, you might see a proton or a neutron.

It all depends on the amount of locking.

To give an example, in the double slit experiment, when mediators concentrated on the electron, the diffraction pattern reduced.

So, it all depends on how much you lock the possibilities of thought.

A possible thought was locked and converted into an actual thought – and thus started life.

And these possible thoughts are the thoughts of God, if you like – possibilities can only occur in consciousness. So these occurred in the consciousness of God. But God is immaterial – so these possibilities could not be materialized. Until a material thing was born. And that material thing was a thought. So from possibilities of thought we had actuality of thought – the same way a possible electron is collapsed into an actual electron.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X