How Did We Become Self Aware?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  trishaham 3 years ago.

• Author

trishaham
    Participant
    6 votes
    @trishaham

How did we become self aware in order for use to experience the universe that we created?

This post has received 2 votes up.
  • #4598 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

Hello Trishaham,

I would say that all living beings, and actually all beings have an experience of the universe. What is remarkable though is that humans are aware of the fact that they are aware of the universe. So maybe the question is- how did we become aware that we are aware? It is, after all, the universe that has become aware of its awareness in and as us…

What do you think? Could this be a more accurate question?

• #4599 Score: 0

trishaham
    Participant
    6 votes
    @trishaham

Yes, I think it is a more accurate question. So, if we as total awareness, created our universe, then we would be aware of anything we created. Right?

• #4610 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hmmm… such an interesting question. My answer would be: yes, awareness as a whole is aware of anything created in the realm of time-space energy and form. With created I mean right now, not in some past time. On the other hand, we people are only aware of that which is accessible through the human nervous system, perceived according to our human concepts.

But still, I have had direct experience as other forms of life. It happened very suddenly the first time, and left me confused, but I would say that it was a release from the limitation of specifically human experience. So my conclusion would be that unconditioned consciousness is aware of and as everything, while human consciousness is most often conditioned to perceive as one individual and species.

What do your explorations show?

• #4623 Score: 0

trishaham
    Participant
    6 votes
    @trishaham

Oh yes, I truly understand exactly how you described it. On another note, I have had the wonderful experience of communicating with my beloved ancestors. Would you say that when we leave our bodies in this human experience (human death) that we are once again unconditioned consciousness but on some level can still communicate with those who are still having a human experience? I am curious as to how they may perceive us. I have read Chopra’s “Life after Death” but this question still sticks in my mind. Your thoughts?
    Oh, and thank you for this delightful dialogue. I watch his podcasts each day where he answers questions. I can’t wait to get the look. 🙂

• #4647 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Thank you too Trishaham, I am enjoying our chat a lot 🙂
      What a beautiful experience! I have never experienced communicating with my ancestors, but on the other hand, I have clear awareness of lives I have experienced “before” this one, and the people involved in them.

My take on that Trishaham… you see, all epochs and all people are experiences in consciousness, right? These experiences may belong to what we see as different times, but we experience them always in the present. We consider some people alive and others as passed, but they are always some type of experience in consciousness. When we do not experience them, they are all in the realm of possibility, and when we experience them, they are in the actuality of our present focus.

So the difference between this life and past life, or between a living person and a passed on person is… flavors of experience. “We” and “them” are all experiences in consciousness. We are passing stories, if you will, bundles of energy and information in the same eternal consciousness.

Consciousness can tune into any type of experience, for example as “a living person” communicating with “a passed on person”. Everything is possible if we tune into it, so to say 🙂

How does this sound to you?

• #4661 Score: 0

trishaham
    Participant
    6 votes
    @trishaham

It makes sense to me. I never thought about it that way. Does Deepak talk about this in his new book?

Thanks again for all you answers. I’ll let you take a break for now but if something else comes up, I will surely write you again.

Kindly,

Trisha

• #4664 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Trisha, it’s a delight to chat with you 🙂

Deepak and Menas offer a detailed discussion about time in the book. I think that if we understand that time is a construct in consciousness, many things fall in place. It will be wonderful to hear what thoughts the book brings up in you!

Love,
      Aurora

• #4682 Score: 0

trishaham
    Participant
    6 votes
    @trishaham

Good Afternoon, Aurora,

What a lovely surprise to know this morning Deepak took up my question on his Facebook podcast “How did we become Self Aware…” Thank you so very much for sharing my question with him, if in fact you did so.

I am vey excited to be receiving the book tomorrow and will start readying it right away. I got a hard copy as well as one for my IPad. So I do think I’m covered. LOL
    As I read the book, I would be delighted to write you back with my thoughts and questions.

Love,

Trisha

• #4689 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hi Trisha! Yes, it is me who sent Deepak your question and I did so with great delight! 🙂
      I’m glad you are covered, I have also just received my Kindle version of the book today and so I have it everywhere with me! I think we will have wonderful discussions, I can’t wait, there are so many things in the book I can’t wait to discuss with you all. Questions, insights, wondering and inspiration. Please read as fast as you can and come back to let us know what the book brings up in you! 🙂

• #4688 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear Trisha, thank you for your question! You can watch my answer on the forum HERE.

Love,
    Deepak

• #5376 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear @trishaham

Here is my answer to your question:
    Readers Ask: How Did We Become Self-Aware?

Love,
    Menas

• #5409 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Was there any “time” or “somewhere” where we were not aware? When we state You Are the Universe, we mean it in its full sense. We Are the Universe means we are Aware of the infinity encompassing everything. This is boundless Awareness. But the mind blocks most of the Awareness. Why? Because without this blocking there would be no creation. But we have the freedom, or better the capacity to always experience who we truly are.

It is a novel way at looking at the “world out there”, eh? And then fear goes away. Because fear arises from the (false) mis-identification of ourselves with an entity called the ego.

• #5415 Score: 0

trishaham
    Participant
    6 votes
    @trishaham

Good Evening, Menas,

Thank you for writing back.

So could you explain more about how being “aware” can make my fear go away?

Kindly,

Trisha

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X