Infinite (intelligence or stupidity)

////Infinite (intelligence or stupidity)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Deepak Chopra 3 years ago.

• Author

mc
    Participant
    9 votes
    @mc

Dear authors,

I have a question for both of you. I disagree that spirit is perfect because it gives you good when you ask for good and bad when you ask for bad. Say a child asks for something bad (he doesn’t know at that age that it is bad) to happen to him in the future and also says that no matter what I do to change it in the future, it must not change because I want this thing really bad. And, then when the bad happens, he is an adult and knows that it was not the right thing for him. Now, he wants to change it but it won’t change because he had told the universe or spirit or whatever exists that no matter what, it must not change. How does he free himself in that case? If the spirit was perfect, it wouldn’t let the child take the wrong choice in the first place. And now that the bad has occurred, there is no way for the person to escape. How would you explain that? It seems like all that is, is infinite intelligence and infinite stupidity at the same time and if we are that what all there is, we are also infinite intelligence and infinite stupidity at the same time so how does perfection plays a role there? It might seem funny and philosophical but it will be interesting to know.

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #5800 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

Dear @mc , thank you for your interesting (and yes, funny in a good way!) question. I am looking forward to an answer from the authors and also to any thoughts on this from other members of the YATU community. My reflection is that we are always free to choose right now and call on the type of experience we want to have. Also, good and bad are very relative concepts, don’t you think?

For future questions it might be good to know that if you use @question somewhere in your text, it will make it much easier for us in the moderation team to not miss it. For more info check How to Submit a Question to the Authors. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the forum!

• #5813 Score: 0

mc
    Participant
    9 votes
    @mc

Dear Aurora,

Thank you for your feedback. I will make sure that I use @question in my future questions. However, I am not sure if I can do that for this question now but I hope that my question gets answered.

• #5814 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hi MC! No worries, we have noticed your question so it is filed on the list for submission to the authors! But we’re glad if you and everyone uses the @question tag in the future for questions for the authors, as we have lots of beautiful and interesting discussions on the forum where members discuss with each other and we might miss them. Receiving an answer can take some time of course, but I hope you will enjoy other discussions and the friendly community in the meantime.

I have been thinking of your question some more, wondering if you are referring to our capacity to make “bad”, meaning unhealthy choices. Maybe a child decides that he wants to become a drug addict just like his teenage role model, and then he gets to live that experience. Is that the type of situation you refer to?

• #5960 Score: 0

mc
    Participant
    9 votes
    @mc

Yes, that’s what I mean. You gave a very good example.

• #5964 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Ok, thanks! But- can’t the child simply make a new choice? I know that thought patterns and also substances can be very addictive, but with awareness it is always possible to choose a new story. Don’t you think?

• #6120 Score: 2

Vikram Chauhan
    Participant
    11 votes
    @vikram-chauhan

The universe is all about making choices. It is all about collapsing potentiality into actuality. There are infinite potentiality. Infact it is wrong to say infinite. Since they are in potential. Once collapsed, it is either a right choice or a wrong choice. And even if you make a wrong choice, you can collapse more potentiality into the right choice in the future.

This post has received 2 votes up.
  • #6141 Score: 1

mc
    Participant
    9 votes
    @mc

I think it is very hard, if not impossible, to reach that point where a new right choice can be made which will bring the result because once you feed your subconscious with something, especially if you say that this must not change, your subconscious will bring you every opportunity for it to not get changed. It will make sure that all the circumstances and everything is arranged in such a way that the change does not become possible. You will not be able to connect with your higher self again to change it, your mind will not be able to focus. For example, if a child made a wrong choice in the past and told his higher self that he didn’t want to be accepted into an educational program because it would be too hard for him to study there, his parents want him to be accepted into that program though. Several years later, when it’s time to enter the program (now he wants to get accepted), somehow he won’t be able to score well in his previous educational work in order to get accepted into the program even if he wants to because his subconscious( or higher self or God , whatever) will make sure that he cannot make the change. Once a thing is in your subconscious, it has to execute. That is the only job of the subconscious mind. There has been a lot of research on it. So, it is not easy (if not impossible) to change your program in the subconscious. That’s the point my question revolves around. You will be lacking in motivation to reconnect or even other things will be arranged in such a way that a change will not be possible. Things might change if you had said I do not want to get accepted in the program and later you said I want to get accepted in to the program but if you had said I do not want to get accepted and no matter what I do to change it in the future, it must not change, and later if you said I want to change it and get accepted, it will not change and you will not get accepted because your subconscious is making sure that whatever you do to change it, it does not change. That’s the dilemma.

• #6144 Score: 1

mc
    Participant
    9 votes
    @mc

Hey Aurora, can you direct this last reply of mine to authors for answers? It is coming down from the main question but similar questions might have been answered before. This is my main question though that hasn’t been answered anywhere. I know most people would say that you can still change it but I know from certain personal experiences and from research on subconscious mind that it is not always easy to change situations. If there is a way, I would like to know and would appreciate if authors answer my question (if they know the answer in this case, I know this is a little weird question but interesting, I believe).

Let me know if I need to post it separately as a new question.

I would also appreciate responses from you and others.

• #6158 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Yes @mc , I can do that, I think your first post is the actual question, while in this later one you have more clearly explained what you mean, so they merge beautifully. It will take a little while but be sure that an answer will come from the authors.

As to my take on your question- I believe that nothing can limit us if we are aware of it. So the moment I become aware of a decision I took in the past which does not serve me anymore, I have the capacity to choose anew. The habits of thought and behavior will of course still be there for a while creating the same type of world, but with awareness I can stop and choose again and again, reinstating new habits and thus walking into the experience I truly want to have. It is not impossible, I see it happen all the time in my own life and that of many others. Nothing is set in stone, everything is a process and in reality we are free to choose in every single moment.

But I do understand if it feels differently- that is because in that particular point, you are still caught in the belief of impossibility. So my advice for you would be to see if you can challenge your own story of impossibility in the smallest of ways, start doubting the doubt so to say. Is it really true that the story is as you tell it now? What do you win on keeping the story so fixated? What are you afraid will happen if you change it? Is it really dangerous? If fear was not a voice you believe in and listen to, what would you actually want to do? Is another outcome than failure truly not possible? Do you not know anyone who has grown despite fear and childish resistance to growing? And so on… as soon as a belief shows itself, simply research it deeper. What you need, I would say, is increased awareness of your own freedom. Wishing you best of luck, this is experimentation we all do in order to realize who we are!

• #6182 Score: 1

mc
    Participant
    9 votes
    @mc

Thank you and it is encouraging to see things from your point of view.

• #6468 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear @mc, thank you for your questions! I have answered in Readers Ask: How Can We Change Subconscious Choices?

Love,
    Deepak

• #6526 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear @mc:

You write: “I have a question for both of you. I disagree that spirit is perfect because it gives you good when you ask for good and bad when you ask for bad.

I think it is very hard, if not impossible, to reach that point where a new right choice can be made which will bring the result because once you feed your subconscious with something, especially if you say that this must not change, your subconscious will bring you every opportunity for it to NOT get changed. It will make sure that all the circumstances and everything is arranged in such a way that the change is not possible. You will not be able to connect with your higher self again to change it, your mind will not be able to focus”.

You are bringing up an important issue that many workers in mental professions often address, the case of self-sabotage. Yes, the subconscious mind is much more powerful (I would say closer to its Source) than the analytical, regular awakening state mind. Having said that, patterns appear difficult to change because of karmic connections which are hard to break. This is why we do the practices, to gradually “erode” the bondage of the finite mind, which insists that we are finite, small and temporary. We are not. As we gradually contemplate the greater truths of who we Really Are, these boundaries and bondage become more and more loose.

The “bad” that you call might not be the full picture. However, the person involved has to discover for herself/himself the deeper lesson. Little by little,

Love and gratitude,

Menas

• #6755 Score: 1

mc
    Participant
    9 votes
    @mc

@question

Thank you authors, for your answers. I noticed that a mention of karma was made. What happens when one becomes the silent witness of all the experiences? Do the experiences change after a while? How does one know that they have freed themselves from past karma? Do things start to change for them and is that change stable? How long can it take for circumstances to change? Are there any other practices also besides meditation that can help free one from karma?

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X