Is Cosmic intelligence good or bad?

////Is Cosmic intelligence good or bad?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Menas Kafatos 3 years ago.

• Author

malik
    Participant
    3 votes
    @malik

Dear Deepak and dear Menas,

When spiritual or religious teachers speak of God/cosmic consciousness, they usually associate with them love, compassion, equanimity, mercy, peace, creativity, etc.

I wish it is true but, to be honest, aren’t we projecting human feelings onto “something” that is so much beyond what we can grasp.

What if God/cosmic consciousness is also made of negativity and malevolence? Why couldn’t they be?

I know this question may be challenging.

Many thanks for your time and your work.

This post has received 2 votes up.
  • #4977 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

Hi Malik, such an interesting question you ask! I hope the authors will answer.
    I wonder, have you ever observed yourself while being kind or/and unkind? That observer, the one that looks at you and your actions, how would you describe it?

• #4999 Score: 1

malik
    Participant
    3 votes
    @malik

Thanks Aurora. Hopefully Deepak or Menas will answer.

I feel the observer in me is neutral, not judging. It’s not looking for anything, either peace or happiness.
    For the human species, “love” is useful since it keeps us to go into war. Without love, our survival would be in danger. And that does not imply that “love” is the nature of the universe and consciousness.

When I look around me, I see people having unkind behaviors who feel good about it. They seem to get a kind of bliss that is comparable to the bliss that compassionate and loving people feel.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • #5001 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Thanks for your answer Malik πŸ™‚

I feel the observer in me is neutral, not judging. It’s not looking for anything, either peace or happiness.

Yes, I feel the same, but I would also add that the observer is not looking for either peace of happiness because it IS that. Happiness is a complex word so there might be other ways to describe that state that are closer.

Have you ever thought of it, that the word love could mean different things for us as we journey on? The way you use it, I think you mean the emotion, right? But can there be more to love than the fickle emotion we have for those we call “ours” for as long as they agree with us? πŸ™‚

• #5010 Score: 1

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Thank you for your interesting question Malik! I answered on the forum Readers Ask: Is Cosmic Consciousness Good or Bad?

Please watch and let me know what you think.

Love,
    Deepak

• #5034 Score: 0

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

Hello all,

Last night, my family and I watched the movie, Dr. Strange. I was reminded what cosmic consciousness may be like when we think in terms of duality; right vs wrong, good vs bad, etc…In this movie, people developed super-human abilities….creating multiple dimensions and realities, where things got a little crazy, to say the least. I recommend it if you haven’t seen it.

Just my two cents….

What is cosmic consciousness without love and understanding? I think we see the potentials in this movie. πŸ˜›

Lovely getting to know you all on this forum!

Love,
    Jennifer

• #5053 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hello Jennifer!
      I’ve seen the movie and enjoyed it, especially the part where the great surgeon reaches the limits of his knowledge and is propelled into the unknown beyond his reason. That is a step I’d like to see everyone take! I also feel that any and all limitations of life we take for granted can be transcended, actually ARE transcended if we return to our true identity as the source. These “superhuman” capacities are actually latent human capacities called “siddhis” in India, and they start developing as soon as we dedicate ourselves to the research of our own consciousness. All the things that are now possible for me and weren’t before are to me proof that there is an unlimited horizon to human capacities and that the chase for new technologies can steal our attention from the real thing. Ultimately, we need nothing to do anything. That’s where I’m headed πŸ™‚

As to love and understanding… the more we understand our true identity and capacity, the less there is any reason left for any other state than love.
      Have you noticed the other discussion, about Meta Humans? We could have probably have had this discussion even there πŸ™‚

• #5111 Score: 2

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Aurora,

Yes! You saw right through me…that’s exactly the scene I was thinking of and your words bring to light what I was sensing, experiencing. I love movies for that. Our imagination helps us reach beyond the limitations of our beliefs, into realms we never thought possible until we experience it for ourselves.

By the way, in the Alice Bailey work, Light of the Soul, is a revised version of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. This has been one of my textbooks for many years. The exploration and study of our true nature in consciousness has been my life-long passion, as I see it is yours, too, which is one of the things I love about you and find your influence enriches my life tremendously!

Love and Light,
      Jennifer

This post has received 2 votes up.
    • #5120 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Thank you so much Jennifer! I too find your presence very inspiring. I haven’t read Alice Bailey’s work but I understand that it is a source of light. I like hearing you tell us about it … maybe a few of us could gather for a picnic and listen to you tell us more about it, and compare it with all that Deepak and Menas tell us, and with all we have found out along the way πŸ™‚ I think Paul, Ana, Sree, Robin, and others here might love that too πŸ™‚

• #5372 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear @malik

Thank you for your question! I have posted a topic with my answer:
    Readers Ask: Is Cosmic Intelligence Good or Bad?

Love,
    Menas

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X