This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Deepak Chopra 4 years ago.

• Author

Jet
    Participant
    1 vote
    @jet

I am thinking about the following question: – If we are in the Kali Yoga time – then it is necessary to go through all this suffering: – as the lack of equality between the sexes – , black and white people – rich and poor – , exploration of each other – , climate changes – etc. etc – . and then we probably cant and maybe shouldnt go against it??? – Please explain !

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #5136 Score: 1

Sree
    Participant
    22 votes
    @sree

Dear Jet,
    If I may comment on your question, while we wait for Dr. Chopra’s answer: Kali Yuga is simply the label for the age where the majority of humans are disconnected from their true nature and act out of ignorance. It is not a command to be that way. There are many souls walking among us today who have woken up from that state, and we all have the freedom to do so at any moment. In fact, once we have a critical mass of awakened humans, Kaliyuga will end! At Jet speed 🙂

• #5143 Score: 1

Sree
    Participant
    22 votes
    @sree

I just got my copy of this remarkable book this morning, and am currently on page 32. It’s so enthralling I almost want to live-blog my way through it :-). But I had to stop and write after I read the snippet from Alice in Wonderland where the Queen exhorts Alice to practice imagining impossible things. I daresay if we each started doing that (even as far as believing 6 impossible things by breakfast :-)), our individual Kaliyuga would collapse before our very eyes!

• #5168 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Haha… yes Sree, I very much agree with you and the Queen! 6 impossible things by breakfast sounds like a practice I want to take on 🙂
      I’m so glad you too delight in this incredible book, I have just started my second reading and intend to savor it this time and not just gulp it down. Don’t hesitate to live blog right here on the book forum, there is a sub-forum for each chapter, awaiting everyone’s ponderings, musings and questions.

• #5304 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear Jet,

Thank you for your question! See my answer in Readers Ask: How Do We Stay Sane in an Age of Darkness?
    Love,
    Deepak

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X