Overcoming the Illusion of Thoughts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Shivansh Mahajan 3 years ago.

• Author

Shivansh Mahajan
    Participant
    9 votes
    @shivansh

@question
    Namaste Dr. Chopra,
    Lately, I have been able to understand the magnificence of cosmic consciousness and the power of true self. I am working to shape my life through this awareness. But one of the obstacles I frequently come across is the ‘physical mind’. Though I have always used my qualities of ‘thought’ and ‘contemplation’ to create things I desire in my life, I can now see myself identifying ‘myself’ with this physical mind. Obsessive thoughts that are linked with unnecessary anxiety seem to hold me back. Fortunately, meditation helps me to bring me into the beautiful experience of the ‘now’, yet later I find myself over-intellectualizing about my spiritual life as well.
    I know I am definitely more than my mind, and I am grateful that I am in pursuit of it (Thanks to you for playing a role there). But I am curious to know what you feel is important to overcome the illusion of ‘Obsessive Thoughts’ to keep one’s spiritual journey going? Any experiences would be really appreciated!

With Love,
    Shivansh Mahajan

• #7103 Score: 1

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear @shivansh , thank you for your question! I have answered in Readers Ask: How Do I Deal With Obsessive Thoughts and Addictive Patterns?

Love,
    Deepak

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #7119 Score: 0

Shivansh Mahajan
    Participant
    9 votes
    @shivansh

Thank you so much @deepakchopra, for the motivation. I am definitely going to try cognitive therapy and also incorporate mantra into my meditation. Hoping to win over my mind and realize my true self.
    Gratitude to you!

Love
    Shivansh (I pronounce it as ‘shivaansh’, haha!)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X