Questions and Musings About Quantum Reality and Everyday Life

////Questions and Musings About Quantum Reality and Everyday Life

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Menas Kafatos 3 years ago.

• Author

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

In regards to the wave/particle theory and the inability of the observer to perceive both at the same time, isn’t it true that each carries the other in latency, which can be known under the light of the sun?

In a similar vein of thought, what is species specific perception at the Quantum level? How can this be known to the observer, who is, in reality, one with the subject under observation?

What is encoding? How is the indwelling conscious entity encoding reality?

I had a realization I wanted to share with you. Just as we cannot control the outcome of an election when it goes other than how we would have voted, we also don’t have to be controlled by it within ourselves by reacting to it. Similarly, our bodies are like a Nation or world to the indwelling consciousness, while we may not always have control over whether or not we’re catching a cold (though we may get a heads up and feel the need to wash our hands more often), or develop a disease, we also don’t have to become controlled or victimized by it in consciousness. What is this phenomenon?

In either scenario, we may be conscious and remember not to see in terms of duality – either good or bad – but in terms of Oneness and the I Am That I Am. How does this idea pertain to the nature of wellbeing? Of what are we in control of?

You may say it is Oneself. Who am I then, if I cannot control the manifestation of illness in my body (or an election)? What is my body to my Being? When I look upon this same issue universally and remember that everything which creates a point of tension within my being has the purpose of shining light upon the nature of the very same being in consciousness, which is all there is, I may ask what is this occurrence reminding me about who I am? When that answer comes and it will under the law of Ask and ye Shall Receive, as written about in the Bible, I’ve demonstrated Unity and conscious awareness of my being by expanding my awareness…and so, the plant and the sun together demonstrate photosynthesis, and something new emerges.

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #4536 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

Hi Jennifer, thanks for a beautiful post!

I have reflected on your first question. It’s interesting that you see the particle as carrying the wave in latency. I see the particle as a spacetime-bound expression of the timeless, non-local wave. So to me, the wave holds an infinite number of possible expressions (particles) in its potentiality, but not the other way around. So I’m curious what makes you see the particle as carrying the wave in latency. Would you like to explain?

Regarding your reflection about being able to control an outcome, you will find that You Are the Universe discusses this question in terms of:

what we can change
      what we can not change
      what we sometimes can change

This discussion runs through the whole book actually, and my conclusion is that the closer we arrive to the source (pure consciousness), the more we can change. Yes, we can even not catch that cold (not sure about elections though!) 🙂

I agree with you that the duality “good-bad” is to be avoided if we want to be free of the conditioned mind and access the creative space. But do you think that this is part of a process of evolution, where we learn how to change what seemed impossible to change before?

• #4540 Score: 1

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

Aurora,

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate your feedback and questions.

I enjoy what you wrote, “So to me, the wave holds an infinite number of possible expressions (particles) in its potentiality, but not the other way around. ” This reminds me a little of the Rumi poem I often hear Dr. Chopra recite, “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.”

In regards to the particle containing the wave in latency:)… So far as I understand, we live in a Holographic Universe; every unit, including each atom of substance, contains the whole within it (or the entire ocean in a drop, to paraphrase Rumi). The greater question may be, how can we know what is latent or behind the form? We may also ask what is the distinction between the particle and the wave?

Warmly <3,
    Jennifer

• #4547 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Jennifer, I read your reply but didn’t have time to answer right away. So I took it with me during the day, and suddenly, in the middle of something, I thought of you and saw us smile together discussing if both drop and ocean are … in consciousness 🙂 Hen or egg, wave of particle… the simple answer is always consciousness. Isn’t it where all of it is?

When you read the book you will see that the authors consider particle and wave to be two different states of the same consciousness. If I have understood them right, that is.

If you come visit and I ask you what you would like to drink, in the pause before you answer… all answers are possible, and they dwell in the potential “space” of consciousness. After you said “tea”, the wave has collapsed, and the “tea” particle is still in the same consciousness “space”, another state of that same consciousness. Matter and mind, particle and wave… as you say, what is the distinction? Maybe of degree of materialization, from gross to subtle?

How can we know what is latent behind the form you ask. I wonder, have you had any experience to help with that question? If so, how would you describe it?

• #4544 Score: 1

joanne cooper28
    Participant
    20 votes
    @joanne-cooper28

When I reflected on your larger question Jennifer, I remembered that a course in miracles teaches that all thought becomes form on some level. So from my perspective like adds to like.

• #4549 Score: 1

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

Aurora,

What a beautiful and thoughtful response. You shine brightly!

I had thought of us yesterday having tea over this discussion! That’s amazing.

Joanne!

I was reading yesterday these very same ideas about thoughts becoming forms, as I was working it through in my spiritual reading. I appreciate your input, too.

It seems like the three of us are already vibing in unison, and demonstrating the nonlocal, nonlinear universe. What about the form? I don’t think the particle has any hold on us. Namaste! <3

Jennifer

• #4562 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Jennifer, how awesome! 🙂 🙂 🙂
      The wave obviously collapsed as a “tea” particle in both our experience! That is to me evidence of how illusory separation is.

So glad that you have met my good friend Joanne! I’m honored, Jennifer, to meet one more friend who is not intimidated by the particle!

• #4564 Score: 1

Sree
    Participant
    22 votes
    @sree

What a delightful conversation! It so happens that tea is my favorite particle (especially in the company of the ginger particle :-)), so I can’t resist joining in this wave.

The first thought I have is that it’s very easy to trip ourselves up with words, so some awareness of that is helpful. Jennifer, in your first post, you asked “…I may ask what is this occurrence reminding me about who I am?”. The three references to yourself are evidently referring to different versions of the same self – one that asked the question, one that lies behind the first one and knows a bit more, and the One we suspect is behind everything and everyone :-).

I’m going to spend the rest of the day with this wave and see what thought particles fall out of it. 🙂
    Sree

• #4568 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

ginger tea

I was going to say “here’s to you, Sree”, but then I wondered how “you” could be different from the me offering the tea and the tea itself, considering that it’s all on the same inner screen so to say 🙂

Or do you mean that we are all particles falling out of the same wave? 🙂

• #4572 Score: 1

joanne cooper28
    Participant
    20 votes
    @joanne-cooper28

🙂

• #4575 Score: 1

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

Aurora, I’ve enjoyed this thread immensely, with humor and all.

Sree, your words remind me of the trinity, thought of in terms of the past, present, and future. In other words, the Eternal Now, where all things can be known and are known, if we but ask to have it delivered on a silver platter.

Here’s a little reading from Deepak Chopra’s book, Third Jesus (p. 123), which expands upon this idea of the meaning behind reality, or in this discussion the illusory particle and wave; both are still concepts within time-space and are considered forms, aren’t they?

Passage (Jesus saying):

My Meaning is Hidden
    I will give you what no eye has seen and what no ear has heard, what no hand has touched, and what has never been conceived by the mind of man.” (Thomas 69)

The idea to me of “collapsing” is a sentiment, when in reality we’re talking about energy in terms of Oneness, if we are truly honest about the Universe and our role in it. While we may experience a specific moment in time-space, I’m reminded, thanks to Sree, that we want to remember in terms of the Holy Trinity lying back of it – Brahma, Shiva, Vishnu or Father, Son, Holy Spirit; in terms of time-space, the past, which gives us the forms we see today(particle with wave potentiality or Brahma); the present, where forms are understood in the Eternal Now (Observer or Shiva); and the future, a limitless potential (the wave with particle potentiality or Vishnu).

How to tap into future potential to create a more harmonious universe for all?

Having coffee! ;P

Lovely to meet everyone! What a great discussion we’ve started. Looking forward to the book in hand soon!

Joyfully,
    Jennifer

• #4614 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Jennifer, it’s lovely to read your reply and also to see your profile pic. You have chosen to be a very nice particle! 🙂
      I hope that my cup of ginger tea above has made you all aware that we can post pictures here too. Also, remember to push the reply button if you want someone to be notified of your reply. Can be a good thing in our present world of so many possibilities going on at once!

Thank you Jennifer for that wonderful passage from Deepak’s “The Third Jesus”, I love that book and your quote tells it all. I will bring you (show you, make you aware of) what no eye has seen, no hand has touched… that is just like the description found in Vedanta of “fire cannot burn it, water cannot wet it”. It refers to the transcendent presence we experience in meditation, our own presence. It is that which sees, but can’t be seen, touches but can’t be touched.

I think Deepak could have published the whole book with only that sentence in it 🙂 It actually says it all.

As to Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, Sree probably knows more than me about these things, but I see it all more in terms of the creative, upholding and destructive/renewing aspect of consciousness. When we think of a chicken, the thought is first created, upheld for a moment, and then it bids its good bye and goes back to the realm of all possibilities, as the well-behaved particle it is.

So why not create and uphold many, many more peaceful, beautiful, harmonious, loving, enjoyable aspects of our world precisely now when so many have fallen into less than pleasant experience? We can do that, consciously. I would say that being the Universe means being able to create the world we wish to experience, by becoming it. Any thoughts about that?

• #4639 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Thank you, Aurora! <3

I see it, so far, as standing in spiritual being, rather than becoming; where, we take responsibility (or the ability to respond to the energies), and learn to work consciously with the energies behind the form. Thoughts are forms which occur from inner causes. We want to work with the causes to transmute (alchemy!) the lesson to its higher aspect or the lesson repeats – hence the cliche, history repeats itself. This is referring to identification…are we unbounded souls or personalities confined to the form? Forms are symbols to be read spiritually for their hidden meaning, like treasures of our unfolding higher-self coming through in various aspects, essentially one with all of the universe. What is lying back of the thought of said chicken?

I think it’s important to ignore what doesn’t matter, and pay attention to what’s immediate to the self. Rather than asking about some other, ask, “Who am I?”

Love and Light,
      Jennifer

• #4644 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Jennifer, I see it the same, and could not have phrased it more beautifully! Thank you, you have brightened my day! 🙂

You write that the relevant question is “Who am I?”. No wonder that Deepak and Menas chime in to this same song with You Are the Universe. All questions arise together with the answer, all problems arise together with the solution.

Love, unity

• #4578 Score: 1

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

I have the order wrong. I realized I should have written it Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva. Sorry for the confusion. <3 Jennifer

• #4646 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Jennifer, have you noticed that there is an edit button at the top right of any post you write? I use it a lot 🙂 Thought you’d like to know.

• #4653 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Aurora,

Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately, I don’t see the edit button on any of my posts. Is it hidden? 🙂

Love,
      Jennifer

• #4654 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hmm.. Do you see any “reply” button in the right upper corner of each reply? Maybe also an “vote up” and “vote down” button? I also have and “edit” button there, but maybe it’s a “special moderator power”. We’re all learning how the platform works 🙂

Love 🙂

• #4662 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

I just started another thread, where I found an edit button and put it to use. 🙂 I don’t seem to have one under this thread, though.

• #4691 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Jennifer, thank you for the info, it’s good to know. I think members have the possibility to edit new topics, but not replies. I hope it works for you.

Have you seen that Deepak has answered your question? 🙂
      Readers Ask: The Nature of Experience and Existence

• #4851 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Yes, I saw that Dr. Chopra responded to my questions. I really appreciated his thoughtful and heart-warming response; it did clarify the matter and was validating at the same time. Sooooo much APPRECIATION, as his response was also timely for me in a synchronous manner.

I also tremendously enjoy the discussions between you and me, and other members on this forum. I’m starting to lose track of my posts 😛 and I’m not always receiving email notices for replies, so please forgive me if I miss a discussion post. I’ll try to check back more frequently to keep the discussion going.
      <3 Jennifer

• #4857 Score: 2

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Yes Jennifer, many people mention how synchronous Deepak’s answers can be. That’s only natural if we actually are the one universe 🙂

About keeping track of your activity, here are some tips:

– you probably know that you can check a box every time you create a topic (or write a reply) to be notified of replies. Those emails should all reach you, unless they go to your spam folder, in which case it is good if you add [email protected] to your trusted email senders
      – you can subscribe to any topic, subforum or forum. In that way you are notified about all the activity there.
      – you can go to your own profile to find a list of all the topics you have started or replies you have written. You can do that for any member, so if there is someone whose activity is especially meaningful to you, that’s the best way to keep track.

If there is anything that you believe would make this forum better in any way, please let me know. We are all creating this space together, for us all. Thank you Jennifer, I too enjoy it immensely, it is a privilege to interact and grow with you and everyone else here!

This post has received 2 votes up.
  • #4642 Score: 0

Sophia
    Participant
    1 vote
    @sophia

Hi

• #4645 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hi Sophia! So glad that you found your way to the #YATU forum! Let me know if I can help. Looking forward to your topics and comments! <3

• #4960 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear Jennifer,

I have answered your question in the forum, Readers Ask: Particles, Waves, Science and Truth

Thank you for this stimulating question. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Love,
    Deepak

• #5577 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Thank you for the question @jenniferl. You can read my answer in Readers Ask: Observer, Wave, Particle

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X