Readers Ask: Can Hallucinogens Be a Window to Reality?

////Readers Ask: Can Hallucinogens Be a Window to Reality?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Menas Kafatos 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by @aiden_cahill99, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Aiden Cahill!

Question:

“About half a year ago on LSD I experienced cosmic consciousness, it began with hallucinating the feedback loop from formless awareness to perceptual experience and then back to formless awareness.

I was introduced to Lila isn’t she beautiful, its hard to describe non dual cosmic consciousness and seeing the arising and subsiding of the multiverse like a movie but it happened.

Since then I’ve been meditating frequently and everything’s just amazing, now I understand why the Buddha on the morning of his final awakening just held a rose to his followers and said nothing. Anyway there’s the background.

I was wondering, is this experience a rare experience, am I lucky to have had it? Is that a good simulation of what death is? Will I have it again without the help of psychedelic substance?”

As always, I welcome your comments! Please keep sending in your questions, making sure you use @question in your text!

Love,
    Deepak

• #7220 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear Aiden Cahill:

Beautiful but even more beautiful is that now you get same and greater experiences through meditation. And no need for external stuff. There are many windows to Reality, in fact infinite number of them. Meditation is a nice and “easy to open” window with numerous other benefits.

Blessings,

Menas

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X