Readers Ask: Can We Travel in Other Dimensions?

////Readers Ask: Can We Travel in Other Dimensions?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Aurora Carlson 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by @susan, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Susan!

Question:

“I have a question. I asked this on one of the videos and Deepak answered but I would like more of his opinion please. If there are many realities (Parallel Universes) and no true space time continuum, then theoretically we should be able to travel to the past and to the future by focusing on what reality we want to experience.

Is the reason that we “can’t” because we are not evolved enough in a human body mind? Since we can Astro travel in our dreams and sometimes in meditation then can’t we learn to do this in normal awake consciousness?

I have worked with many people with Dissociative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality) who became infants, rocks, animals etc. and had different mannerisms, speech, even physical issues in the different alters but it was all still one body. This all happened in one mind that had created an incredible coping mechanism. The power of the human mind is incredible and after spending decades working with helping people understand and heal from trauma, I am always amazed at what the mind can do. So absent the trauma and dissociation, can’t we learn to actually move the body not just the mind creating an alternate reality?”

As always, I welcome your comments! Please keep sending in your questions, making sure you use @question in your text!

Love,
    Deepak

• #6913 Score: 0

Susan
    Participant
    27 votes
    @susan

@question
    Thank you Dr. Chopra for your answer about D.I.D. and alternate realities. I am still not quite sure about the ability to time travel although when a person has Flashbacks they are in a sense time traveling to the past without the body going back there. I will check the references you mentioned. I do some Shamanic work as part of the healing work I do but am always wanting to learn more to have the spirit world help me in channeling healing energy.

I appreciate your taking the time to share your knowledge.

Susan Pollard

• #6947 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Susan, you used the magic word @question , which submits the members’ questions to the authors…so with my moderator hat on, here I am 🙂 I think there is a question hidden under your post above, shall we bring it forth together?

It seems that through Deepak’s answer, some of your questions have been answered, while other details or issues have stepped forth asking for clarification. What is it you are still wondering? Can it be about how the body belongs together with the mind’s ability to time travel? Is it something else? If we can find the next question, the next answer always arises!

• #6956 Score: 0

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hi @aurorac,

He basically talked a lot about Multiple Personality Disorder and I have had the same experience, a client would develop hives right before my eyes and when we got another alter out they disappeared. She said she would only show an old fracture on an Xray if she was in the alter who had the broken bone, etc.

But I want to know how do we time travel with the body? Or is it possible? Like in “Somewhere in Time” if you saw that movie, or countless others. Of course no one really knows. When having a flashback you are in a sense time traveling because though the body is in the present, the consciousness is not. Or when having a vision (not a visualization) of the future the same thing is happening. There are writers who say that once we are out of the body and back into pure spirit we can go wherever we want with just a thought. I guess it is the density of the body that prevents that now or our practiced belief that we can’t.

I am learning to shape shift for want of a better term. I can be invisible and not even know I am doing it, observing. Now I am practicing Shadowing like the wolf, observing without being observed. Theoretically we should be able to physically move into the past and the future and also be able to assume the energy of other animals. Shamans do shapeshifting. Yesterday I was talking to a lady about my Aura photos and white energy personality which is like a chameleon, blending in and also taking on other’s thoughts, feelings and behaviors so that it looks like yours and can be used to mirror it back to them so that they can heal if they want to. I mentioned about the “cloak of invisibility” I often feel like I have on where literally people do not seem to see me unless I make myself known and how I didn’t understand it. She said I was being the chameleon at those times and it made sense, just never put that together.

I think I am just frustrated with the density of the body and the world and the world intruding on my peace with its demands. I know it takes practice to always stay in peace and maybe no one can.

This sounds like it is completely off the subject but it is just another piece of the puzzle. I used to watch “Buffy the vampire slayer” which is really not my kind of show but I thought it was fascinating. The faces would morph and show who they really were and only she could see that. Over active imagination maybe but there have been times when I swear as I looked around a group or in a crowd I had the eerie feeling that it was going to happen. I told a lady about this the other day when we were talking about our psychic experiences and she said that maybe I was seeing the negative or evil part of them. It made sense and explained the experience. I do tend to see through people and am aware of other energies around me. It is hard to put into words.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Susan

• #6969 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hello Susan,

thank you for sharing more of your thoughts. Could we say that your @question to the authors is:

“I want to know- how do we time travel with the body? Or is it possible? Like in “Somewhere in Time” if you saw that movie, or countless others. Of course no one really knows. When having a flashback you are in a sense time traveling because though the body is in the present, the consciousness is not. Or when having a vision (not a visualization) of the future the same thing is happening. There are writers who say that once we are out of the body and back into pure spirit we can go wherever we want with just a thought. I guess it is the density of the body that prevents that now or our practiced belief that we can’t.

I am learning to shape shift for want of a better term. I can be invisible and not even know I am doing it, observing. Now I am practicing Shadowing like the wolf, observing without being observed. Theoretically we should be able to physically move into the past and the future and also be able to assume the energy of other animals. Shamans do shapeshifting.

I think I am just frustrated with the density of the body and world and the world intruding on my peace with its demands. I know it takes practice to always stay in peace and maybe no one can.”

Could this be a good question to send to the authors? Would you like to shape it further?

My answer to your wonderings, and I say this as someone who has done her share of shamanism, Toltec stalking and dreaming, remote viewing, and much more, is that all that is relevant while still holding the timebound perspective. As soon as you transcend that, then all becomes clear. Timespace itself is a construct belonging together with every shape/person projected by the “I”, consciousness itself. So if the real “I” is metaphorically the sun, then its rays end up in a particular place in time, that lit-up spot appearing as a person in time, even while the sun itself is not in time. All timespace possibilities are equally possible to be lit-up, and which timespace spot is manifested as experience depends on where the “attention” of the sun goes. Not sure if this makes sense, but… realizing our true identity makes it clear that all personal timespace incarnations are constructs. Existence is in reality not bound by its spacetime constructs and can choose embodied experience freely.

• #6984 Score: 0

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

Hi @aurorac,

I listened to the video again with Deepak’s answer. You don’t have to send any more to that question I asked. I think I understand his view.

Thanks,

Susan

• #6987 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Of course Susan, as you wish! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X