Readers Ask: Does Our State of Consciousness Determine Experience?

////Readers Ask: Does Our State of Consciousness Determine Experience?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JenniferL 4 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by @jenniferl, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Jennifer!

Question:

“Today I was reading YATU (111, 161-164) while doing my spiritual reading work.
    Here are my questions to the authors and discussion forum:

What is the level of consciousness we are observing? How do we know what level we are observing? Are we observing the personality of the universe? Or, the soul? How might this awareness change our perception?

In reflecting upon Deepak’s book, How to Know God, I understand so far that it is possible to become aware of the levels of consciousness, as we’re able to talk about and define these levels.

How might this awareness be applied to scientific observation? What should the implications be for scientific research?

‘You will never trust your intuition until you identify with it (Deepak Chopra, How to Know God, pg.106).'”

As always, I welcome your comments! Please keep sending in your questions, making sure you use @question in your text!

Love,
    Deepak

• #6408 Score: 0

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

Dear Dr. Chopra ( @deepakchopra ),

Thank you for the insight into levels of awareness and how this identification shapes reality. After revisiting this video, and contemplating for a while, I had the insight that our spiritual development, which includes the expanding awareness, is part of the problem and solution to the modern day scientific method. In that, one’s ability to include the Self (as in the Universe as well as the specific You) helps to selflessly steer scientific research for the betterment of all humanity, rather than selfishly motivated for only profit, causing untold harm.

It has also been helpful to recognize that the scientific method can still be utilized at whatever the level of conscious identification…so far as I can see. ;P As Menas Kafatos mentioned, some of our greatest scientists, including Einstein, were intuitive.

Thank you again for your intuitive response!

Much Love,
    JenniferL

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X