Readers Ask: Einstein, Tagore and Divinity

////Readers Ask: Einstein, Tagore and Divinity

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Menas Kafatos 3 years ago.

• Author

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Menas Kafatos

Question from @richa:

As I was reading the book, “You are the Universe,” I came across the dialogue between Albert Einstein and Rabindranath Tagore.

Einstein asks Tagore, “Do you believe in the divine as isolated from the world?” Tagore replies, “Not isolated. The infinite personality of man comprehends the universe. There cannot be anything that cannot be subsumed by the human personality… the truth of the Universe is human truth.”

My question to you is: Who is right, Einstein or Tagore or both? Please explain the phenomenon of divine being in oneness with the world. Is there a divine figure that exists above humans and watches over us?

I thank you for taking the time to read my message and share your wisdom.

Answer:

God is not isolated from the world. I am not sure this is what Einstein really advocated as he talked often about the God being experienced in rational understanding of the cosmos. But he believed in an external cosmos independent of the human mind. We know and the quantum paradigm states the same that our universe is participatory. We can say as the ancient sages that the world exists because of existence-awareness-completeness. This triunal nature is the divine and it manifests in all aspects of the world. The world is not a physical substance, it is conscious Awareness as a living and evolving Reality. Now Tagore is right that the infinite personality of a human being comprehends the universe. But I would emphasize, not the limited, finite human mind which understands itself as limited. The human mind has to expand and realize its true nature as infinite Mind.

Love,
    Menas

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X