Readers Ask: How Can We Change Subconscious Choices?

////Readers Ask: How Can We Change Subconscious Choices?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Deepak Chopra 4 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by @mc, member of our YATU forum. Thank you MC!

Question:

“Dear authors,

I have a question for both of you. I disagree that spirit is perfect because it gives you good when you ask for good and bad when you ask for bad.

I think it is very hard, if not impossible, to reach that point where a new right choice can be made which will bring the result because once you feed your subconscious with something, especially if you say that this must not change, your subconscious will bring you every opportunity for it to NOT get changed. It will make sure that all the circumstances and everything is arranged in such a way that the change is not possible. You will not be able to connect with your higher self again to change it, your mind will not be able to focus.

For example, if a child made a wrong choice in the past and told his higher self that he didn’t want to be accepted into an educational program because it would be too hard for him to study there, his parents want him to be accepted into that program though. Several years later, when it’s time to enter the program (now he wants to get accepted), somehow he won’t be able to score well in his previous educational work even if he wants to, because his subconscious (or higher self or God, whatever) will make sure that he cannot make the change.

Once a thing is in your subconscious, it has to execute. That is the only job of the subconscious mind. There has been a lot of research on it. So, it is not easy (if not impossible) to change your program in the subconscious. That’s the point my question revolves around. That’s the dilemma.

How does the child free himself in that case? If the spirit was perfect, it wouldn’t let him take the wrong choice in the first place. And now that the bad has occurred, there is no way for the person to escape. How would you explain that?

It seems like all that is, is infinite intelligence and infinite stupidity at the same time and if we are that ‘all there is’, we are also infinite intelligence and infinite stupidity at the same time, so how does perfection play a role there?”

As always, I welcome your comments! Please keep sending in your questions, making sure you use @question in your text!

Love,
    Deepak

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X