Readers Ask: How Do Intentions, Goals & Purpose Fit Together?

////Readers Ask: How Do Intentions, Goals & Purpose Fit Together?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Aurora Carlson 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by @keshav, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Keshav!

Question:

“I am feeling very frustrated and confused figuring out how intent goals purpose fit together, I am doing my best to figure this out- please let me know if I understand this…

So I am the field of pure potentiality / pure consciousness.

I am my deepest desire.

And being aligned with this is being aligned with my purpose.

Using the power of intent and conscious choice making to create is what I do?

Thank you.”

Please watch my answer and let me know what you think!

Love,
    Deepak

• #5790 Score: 0

algebel
    Participant
    1 vote
    @algebel

My name is Ana, I live in London and this is my story: Im writing in one of the saddest moments of my life, it might look strange to you, superficial and selfish, compared with all the horror that is happening in the world. I agree, but today I had my heat ripped out and I don’t know what else to do…
    Some time ago I read that mr. Walid Jumblat hosted a party, welcoming Mr. Clooney to the Druze community, and that he expressed his hope that the Druze community would be more open. As a Druze Leader I see that as a very strong statement and I join in that prayer with all my heart, today more than ever. Mr. Jumblat is also married to a non Druze woman, he was granted the permission to do so, and I wander why everyone else can’t do the same.
    The man I love with all my heart and soul, is a Druze, I will call him RM, because I have promised I would never expose him and I aim to keep that promise. If I do, that might cost him loosing his family back in Syria, and (so he told me) his family will loose their position and be totally excluded from the Druze society because of him, that in the Syrian case, is one of the most traditionalist.
    RM has left me. He had tears in his eyes and shaking when he said that if there where 1% chance for this to work he will have no doubt to come back to me. He needs to get ready to get married to fulfil his family’s wish and commend of being a good Druze. He will have a family and share his life with someone that he doesn’t even know yet, but she is a Druze, and for that more worthy?. During my research I also found out that there is not one single Druze holly script that states the prohibition of inter religious marriage. It is actually just a social convention. Right now there is nothing more I wish than to have the chance to prove to the Druze community that I’m worthy, if not for conversion, to be a good Druze wife and honour their values (most of them are same as mine) and costumes… RM has told me about their beliefs, I regret that I can’t speak Arabic (yet) to read all the books. I found it truly fascinating how many things make sense to me. I was born in Uruguay, all my family were from the Frente Amplio, for the ones that don’t know that is part of the left wing party, many of them spend many years in prison during the dictatorship, being tortured every day…. fighting for what is right is what I have been brought up with. My family and I fled the country when I was a baby, and since then I have just being moving around the world. I usually say that my roots are in a pot that I carry under my arm… I don’t belong anywhere, never quite fit anyway.
    Because of so much violence and scars… those that you can’t see because they are in the soul… I have chosen a different path to apply my values: kindness and love, tolerance and my weapon of “of mass construction” is knowledge. “The pen is in thy hands, write and fear not”… I have studied many religions I believe in many things. but the one that is universal and a constant pattern is Love.
    I never in my life dreamed that I will be where I am today… and seen so much. It surprised me to cross paths with a soul like RM, I really thought they didn’t exist. I always thought that i would be a lonely wolf the rest of my life… But when you look into someones eyes that understands your pain, that makes you feel that you can do anything and gives you the confidence to find home wherever you are standing, things change. He changed me, make me better person. Showed me that even the smallest things make the difference in trying to make this world in pain a better place, he showed me love in the purest form I have experienced it. Honest and simple.
    Today I bleed, my body aches and I wish God/ universe or whatever you decide to call it…would just take me so I don’t need to feel this anymore, not because I can’t see him, but because I saw his pain. He is not having the freedom to choose whom he wants to love and share his life with, because his parents say so. And it is their way or he can pretend they are all dead.
    We are not hurting any one, on the contrary… spreading love is a way to cure this sick world.
    I know it is a hard battle, probably impossible, but I rather die trying to make the change, than giving up. There has always been one person that started the change… man or woman…
    I read about many things, more exactly… everything I could get hold of about Druze. One of those things was about the Divine call.
    I also came to the understanding that Druzism is not a ritualistic or ceremonial religion; its all about tracking the Spiritual thread of Gnosis that connects all religions and philosophies together since Atlantis and the dawn of time. So basically, there are no steps or set of measures to be done to become more or less Druze apart from grasping the doctrines and the philosophical and theological resources which fortify it. Many Druze I have encounter are open minded and understanding, even married with outsiders (non Syrian though) Unfortunately is not the case of RM’s family.

I want to help, I need to do something about it. This knowledge is important, and to my surprise many of the Druze i know here inLondon are not aware of what this really is about. I believe there is a way to have a more just and free world, and that include religion too. What can I do to help? My heart or what is left of it belongs to a Druze.
    My aim with this is to reach the ears of those whom refuse to listen. I would love to sit down with Mr. Jumblat and have a chat over a coffee… or even with RM’s father.
    I will pray for you, and please if you have a minute let me know your thoughts. Thanks you for taking the time to read this.
    I’m grateful.

Best regards,
    Ana

• #5798 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hi Ana, I’m so sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I guess this is one of the many stories where love is enticing people to take a good look at the precepts of their religion and to reflect on what is what in life. Thank you for sharing, your post made me want to learn more about the Druze religion and customs, so I’ve spent some time reading about it.
      So what do you want to do? What do you think you can do?

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #5954 Score: 1

algebel
    Participant
    1 vote
    @algebel

Hi Aurora,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to read and answer to my story.
    The Druze doctrine is not the problem, is the social convention of keeping them self divided from the rest because of years and years of prosecution, repression and frustration. Also it is the fact that knowledge is power and in this case as any man made society is kept for few. Egos are hiding behind the standard excuse “it has always been that way” which is not entirely true.
    My ultimate goal is to be able to talk to RM’s father and mother, to make them realise the damage. And to all the leaders of man-made labels religion, cultures, societies, parties.. etc…to open their eyes…and see, that all this conflicts we are having today is because humans are reacting to the lack of love and kindness, that all the emotional repression explodes in frustration and narrows your mind and soul… that in this case is completely opposite to the Druze doctrine. We are all part of the same universe.
    I don’t know if I will have the happy life I wanted with RM, but is worth to fight for the thought that I might and for me is the right thing to do. What I do know is that I want this to be heard in every corner of this world. There is not one religion that is agains love. Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Al Hakim, all of them were masters teaching about love, nothing else… people after them started to label them… we need to wake up.
    How? I don’t know. I started by telling every single soul that crossed my path my story.

Lots of love to you <3
    Ana

• #5961 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hi again Ana, thank you for your response, and how nice that you know and appreciate Lund! 🙂

I am thinking that every change has to start somewhere, and every one of us who has a new view needs to express it but mostly live it. If you believe that love is truth and the rest is ego constructs, and if you demonstrate this belief in all your actions, then I can’t see how it could not change the world.

But I believe that for the world to change, we must go even deeper. Have you read You Are the Universe? The authors affirm that the world is in us, in our consciousness. They say that the world is qualia, meaning qualities of experience, and we can choose consciously, in that way creating the world anew with each act of perception.

If that is true, it means that we have a say in how life stories turn out 🙂 How would you like your story to turn out Ana? What qualities of experience do you cherish and want more of? How can you create more of that in the world you experience? Do you see what I mean?

• #5955 Score: 0

algebel
    Participant
    1 vote
    @algebel

By the way, I used to live in Lund <3 vacker och mysig stad.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X