Readers Ask: How Do We Create Our Reality?

////Readers Ask: How Do We Create Our Reality?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Deepak Chopra 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by @joy1663, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Joy!

Question:

“I have read about the observer effect before and reading about it here again i am wondering about the creative power of a blind person?

If we create our reality through observation and expectation, what does this imply about someone who has been blind from birth and so cannot observe and has no expectation?”

I welcome your comments!

Love,
    Deepak

• #5550 Score: 0

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

Hello to everyone! And, thank you, Dr. Chopra, for your enlightened video to help further our discussion! <3 xoxo

Dr. Chopra says in this video that the Observer Effect is a technical and scientific term referring to changes that the act of observation will make on a phenomenon being observed.

Forgive me while I slip into so-called “pseudo-science”, here. 🙂

The way I understand this so far is that the phenomenon is you, simultaneously created and according to Law. It’s the identification of the observer to bring about events in the way they appear (simultaneously containing the whole within all events, and in which we can manipulate when we learn to work consciously), providing a deeper understanding of the Judgement Seat of Christ.

We judge by our ability to work consciously as soul identified beings or unconsciously as personalities (for example), or the false or past self, mistaking the past as our self, our truth. When in reality, the past, present, and future contain the same seed of awareness to be worked through to fruition consciously. This is what we mean by remaining “present.” When we identify the commonality of ourselves throughout time and experiences, we can begin to work with the energy behind it. This common seed presents itself, if you will, in the form of synchronized events – where seemingly unrelated events appear to have a common thread in consciousness
    (the stuff books are written about ;P ).

This brings me to another thread where the question is being discussed, “how we know?”
    Here’s the link: What is Soul

If everything is a modification of consciousness or the true self, then how can that self be known? Isn’t the goal of humanity self-awareness? And, to what extent can we become self-aware?

Thank you for considering my questions.

Love you and to all,
    JenniferL

• #6127 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
      60 votes
      @deepakchopra

Dear @jenniferl, thank you for your questions! My answer is in Readers Ask: What Is Self-Realization? How Do We Get There?

Love,
      Deepak

• #6706 Score: 1

Susan
      Participant
      27 votes
      @susan

@question

I have a question. I asked this on one of the videos and Deepak answered but I would like more of his opinion please. If there are many realities (Parallel Universes) and no true space time continuum, then theoretically we should be able to travel to the past and to the future by focusing on what reality we want to experience.

Is the reason that we “can’t” because we are not evolved enough in a human body mind? Since we can Astro travel in our dreams and sometimes in meditation then can’t we learn to do this in normal awake consciousness?

I have worked with many people with Dissociative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality) who became infants, rocks, animals etc. and had different mannerisms, speech, even physical issues in the different alters but it was all still one body. This all happened in one mind that had created an incredible coping mechanism. The power of the human mind is incredible and after spending decades working with helping people understand and heal from trauma, I am always amazed at what the mind can do. So absent the trauma and dissociation, can’t we learn to actually move the body not just the mind creating an alternate reality?

Thanks,

Susan

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • #6900 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
      60 votes
      @deepakchopra

Dear @susan , thank you for your question! I have answered in Readers Ask: Can We Travel in Other Dimensions?

Love,
      Deepak

• #5552 Score: 1

Guardian
    Participant
    1 vote
    @guardian

If the only reality is awareness, what gives the illusion of continuity? How do we transform continuity into something more desirable, interrupting the continuity of things we don’t prefer, and replacing it instead with a preferred continuity? Better yet, how do we do this instantaneously?
    Warm Regards,
    Dr. Andrew Bayuk

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #5553 Score: 0

Elan
    Participant
    9 votes
    @elan

The most important question of all..truly

• #6581 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear Jennifer ( @jenniferl ):

See my replies in italics to several of your points.

You state:

Forgive me while I slip into so-called “pseudo-science”, here. 🙂

The way I understand this so far is that the phenomenon is you, simultaneously created and according to Law. It’s the identification of the observer to bring about events in the way they appear (simultaneously containing the whole within all events, and in which we can manipulate when we learn to work consciously), providing a deeper understanding of the Judgement Seat of Christ.

I am not sure what you mean by “…to bring about events in the way they appear.” The “events” are vibrations of Consciousness, which projected onto Consciousness, appear as separate happenings. They are in fact qualia, experiences of the one Consciousness.

We judge by our ability to work consciously as soul identified beings or unconsciously as personalities (for example), or the false or past self, mistaking the past as our self, our truth. When in reality, the past, present, and future contain the same seed of awareness to be worked through to fruition consciously. This is what we mean by remaining “present.” When we identify the commonality of ourselves throughout time and experiences, we can begin to work with the energy behind it. This common seed presents itself, if you will, in the form of synchronized events – where seemingly unrelated events appear to have a common thread in consciousness
    (the stuff books are written about ;P ).

OK I believe I agree with what you are saying.

This brings me to another thread where the question is being discussed, “how we know?”
    Here’s the link: What is Soul

If everything is a modification of consciousness or the true self, then how can that self be known? Isn’t the goal of humanity self-awareness? And, to what extent can we become self-aware?

The Self (cap S) cannot be known, “externally”, if that is what you mean. Because the Self is the Knower, the ground of all knowledge. The Self is Being and also Becoming. It can be realized, merged onto, experienced as Oneness but not “known”.

Thank you for considering my questions.

Love you and to all,
    JenniferL

Love and blessings

Menas

• #6678 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dear @menask ,

Thank you for your response to my post. I’ll try to explain myself a little better. Forgive me for getting caught up on semantics. Even I had to go back and reread what I wrote, in order to decipher it. ;P

You mentioned: I am not sure what you mean by “…to bring about events in the way they appear.” The “events” are vibrations of Consciousness, which projected onto Consciousness, appear as separate happenings. They are in fact qualia, experiences of the one Consciousness.

Yes, and I think we may be saying the same thing, here, or something very similar. Dr. Chopra recently talked about the different stages of consciousness and how at each stage we may experience reality differently based on our own perspective. So when I say “bring about events in the way they appear” I mean just that, but according to the phase in consciousness. For example, when someone is stuck in the root chakra he/she may experience life in terms of survival, while someone working consciously in the heart chakra may experience life in terms of a unified whole. Two vastly different sets of circumstances for these individuals, while the underlying conscious unity remains the same.

I hope this helps clarify what I meant to say.

Love & Light,
      Jennifer

• #6583 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear Dr. Andrew Bayuk ( @guardian ):

You state: “If the only reality is awareness, what gives the illusion of continuity? How do we transform continuity into something more desirable, interrupting the continuity of things we don’t prefer, and replacing it instead with a preferred continuity? Better yet, how do we do this instantaneously?”

As I stated before, we can go beyond “preference” and “aversion”. The only illusion is that the opposites, which are relative and observer-dependent, hold an absolute existence by themselves. They don’t. Continuity is a state of mind. In fact, as the universe is more quantum-like, the bits of knowledge, numbers, individual souls, all objects, are “individualistic” or distinct, in a sense.

Love and blessings,

Menas

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X