Readers Ask: How Do We Transition from Separation to Being Real?

////Readers Ask: How Do We Transition from Separation to Being Real?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Deepak Chopra 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by @richa, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Richa!

Question:

“Dear Dr. Chopra & Dr. Kafatos,

Namaste! In the book, You are the Universe: Discovering Your Cosmic Self and Why It Matters, here is what you mention about what separation feels like and what being real feels like…You give some examples of how separation is experienced…Citing:

‘What separation feels like…You see yourself as an isolated individual. You listen to the demands of your ego and place ‘I, me, and mine’ ahead of other people’s. You are powerless in the face of mighty natural forces. The basics of survival require work, struggle, and worry. You long to join with another person in order to solve the problem of loneliness. The constant cycle of pleasure and pain is inescapable. You may find yourself prey to mental states beyond your control, such as depression, anxiety, hostility, and envy. The external world dominates over the inner world – hard reality is inescapable…By contrast, here is what it feels like after the illusion of separation has fallen away…What being real feels like…You are not in the universe. The universe is in you. ‘In here’ and ‘out there’ are mirror reflections of each other. Consciousness is continuous and present in everything. It is the one reality. All the separate activities in the universe are actually one activity. Reality isn’t just fine-tuned. It is perfectly tuned. Your purpose is to align yourself with the creativity of the cosmos. The next thing you feel like doing is the best thing you can do. Existence feels free, open, and without obstacles. Mind and ego still exist, but they get a lot more time off. Knowing who you really are, you set off to explore unknown possibilities…’

In todays world of chaos, it is such a challenge to feel real and and not separated. How does one transition from feeling separated to feeling real? What can one do daily, from day-to-day, to rid of the illusion of separation and feel real?

Dr. Chopra, I really enjoy listening to you everyday and am so grateful for your presence on this forum and on Facebook live. I would like to sincerely express my gratitude to you for your time. I thank you for your guidance and leadership. Your wisdom is so very meaningful and it is always a blessing to hear from you.

Thank you.”

As always, I welcome your comments! Please keep sending in your questions, making sure you use @question in your text!

Love,
    Deepak

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X