Readers Ask: How Does The Formless Become Form?

////Readers Ask: How Does The Formless Become Form?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Deepak Chopra 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

This shortened question was asked by a member of our forum, thank you Erik!

Question:

“I am on page 53 in You Are The Universe. I had a type of aha-moment I would like your insights on. It relates to the ‘form’ of the formless consciousness. It is supposedly impossible for the formless to be perceived as form, but as I read YATU, a memory appeared for me.

It was when I was at a lecture in university studying Linear Algebra and our lector had brought with him a tesseract to explain higher-dimensional geometric shapes. A tesseract is a projection of a fourth-dimensional cube in our third dimensional universe. Compare it with drawing a cube onto a piece of paper.

If we look at the tesseract, in my opinion it symbolizes the creation of the universe from an ocean of consciousness.

Do you think that the tesseract can symbolize this for a human mind?

Thank you a million times for the book. I will revel at every page.”

Please watch the video and let me know what you think!

Love,
    Deepak

• #5142 Score: 3

Erik
    Participant
    3 votes
    @erik

Hi Deepak,

I am truly honored to receive a video reply from you to this question.

You did answer my question. I was not aware that mathematicians actually had this notion of Hilbert Space (where infinite-dimensional forms such as tesseracts are used) formulated into mathematical laws. Truly impressive for humanity and you have now enlightened me of that as well.

The Linear Algebra course was a part of my Chemical Engineering program so it was basically limited to learning how to calculate matrix multiplication and planes.

I also better understand the concept of consciousness by the Tagore poems. He made it far more comprehensible than any scientist or mathematician could by using metaphors more closer to us (such as the fountain which endlessly supplies us with flowers) than highly abstract mathematics.

Trying to go too deeply into conceptualizing consciousness simply leads to a bottomless pit with endless philosophizing. I now realize that one poem by Rabindranath Tagore or Rumi says it all, really 🙂

I have now finished reading YATU and I can more confidently feel that Aham Brahmasmi is a truth for me and I will do my best to live accordingly and do my share in creating an enlightened humanity and universe.

Once again a deep thank you for the book, your video reply and to all the questions from the members at this forum.

Namaste,
    /Erik

This post has received 3 votes up.
    • #5342 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

@erik, I am so grateful for your question and I must say that your description of the “bottomless pit with endless philosophizing” brought me a giggle. I think this happens whenever someone grounded in physicalism describes causes or solutions to any problem. Maybe the next time my professors engage in that I can offer a poem by Tagore as an answer… I have tried silence, they don’t hear me 🙂

• #5335 Score: 0

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

Deer Deepak,

Thank you for your materials. And @erik, thanks for your question. I also had a question regarding how formlessness becomes form. In the video above, you describe how this vibrations become qualities of consciousness, including form, through its own self-interaction. Also, on page 34 of YATU, you write, “The subatomic particles that the cosmos is built upon wink in and out of existence continually. Like a cosmic on/off switch, there is a mechanism that turns nothing (the so-called vacuum state) into a teeming ocean of physical objects.” This thought is continued on pg 35 with, “In unimaginably small scales of time, vibrations of quanta come out of emptiness and quickly merge back into emptiness, but this quantum on/off cycle is totally invisible to us.” Have you heard of apports (described as the paranormal phenomenon of the sudden transference or manifestation of an article, i.e. newspaper, jewelry, etc.) and do you think they may be related to both self-interaction (consciousness) and quantum vibrations?

In gratitude,
    Lili

• #5407 Score: 1

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

Hi Aurora,

Thanks for asking! I’ve actually experienced what most would call “paranormal” activity as some of my oldest memories. These include seeing shadows and full apparitions, voices, and footsteps. I’ve also had water turn on in empty rooms and have been locked out of the house when I was the only one home. In terms of apports specifically, I’ve experienced things going missing like we all have and was not quick to shout “supernatural,” though there are two instances I’m confident were paranormal, cases in which the energy did not come from me. With the first, I came home enraged one afternoon and actually threw my keys down the front hallway(!). A small voice told me I would regret that, as it was in my best interest to control my temper. I immediately walked to where I tossed them, then hunted for hours, moving and removing every box in each closet without a trace. My husband also helped in the search. We pulled out each item of every room and closet. After six months, we tried again. We never found the keys.

The second involves a friend’s cane that belong to her late father. She had lost it somewhere between her house, our college campus, and my place. We checked everywhere we could think of, multiple times. We investigated each of the vehicles, and moved our search inside my house again. Noticing the garbage bin was getting full, I took the trash out, walking past the cars in the garage. Less than a minute later, I returned, and stopped in place as my heart rate skyrocketed; the cane was in the back of an otherwise completely empty SUV. My friend, and the two others who were helping in the search, could not believe it, insisting I was playing a prank.

I believe each of us has a connection to spirit that goes beyond our intuition, beyond meditation, and that this powerful truth has been systematically hidden from us. I have seen the transition of paralyzing fear in a thought that death is the end to the beautiful confidence of knowing we survive beyond the years etched on our gravestones. What do you all think? What have been your experiences?

Be well,
    Lili

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • #5493 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @lilianna-deveneau , thank you for sharing your experiences! It’s great, isn’t it, that we can share them here without worrying about them sounding strange, haha… I guess most people here have had similar experiences, and when you think of it, it is like Menas wrote in his answer to you on this thread: the formless is form. The formless is those keys, and when it gets mad at its key-being, it isn’t keys anymore 🙂 I too have realized that I have to be careful with intention, for if I just let it out mindlessly, I am sure to have to fix what I’ve broken! On the other hand, it is as easy to become the forms I wish to be without complications. So maybe if those keys need to be back of some playful reason, you can simply wish them back 🙂

To me, the funniest part is that all of this is a game of hide and seek, or forgetting-remembering, that I play within my own consciousness. Sometimes I find myself searching for some object out there, or trying to repair something like an electronic device… and I only do that until I remember that all I need to do is become the intended form. Which of course fixes the issue right away 🙂
      To me, the conclusion is that we not only have a connection to spirit, we actually are spirit and nothing else. As to death… it’s a concept, isn’t it? A beautiful way spirit has, of turning another page in the imaginary book of adventures “out there”, outside of the Self.

• #5408 Score: 1

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

The formless is form. Form and formless are two aspects of the one Reality, You Are the Universe. We ourselves experience both every night: In deep sleep, we loose all sense of form as the senses don’t operate. Yet, when we wake up, we have recollection of the deep sleep state. Who “remembers”? The one who is always there, and here. Forms emerge from and return to the infinite formless. As to the how, experience and you will know the answer.

• #5506 Score: 1

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

Good day, and thank you both for your responses!

I appreciate having this space in which to explore with my fellow beings of consciousness! I’ve found that sharing experiences, especially those seen as bizarre, has a profound possibility for healing, and running from truth is both impossible and exhausting! In fact, I’m partaking in Deepak and Oprah’s 21-day meditation challenge, and today’s thought is “When you are real, you have infinite hope,” and discusses how telling your truth opens the pathway for others to do the same. Hope is another formless entity, and a powerful one!

In fact, some of the most “real” experiences we have as humans are unseen. For example, what does love look like? We’re tempted to say if we can’t see it, it doesn’t exist. Yet, as Menas reminds us, “formlessness is form.” The reactions of panic attacks are indistinguishable to those of someone physically under threat, so the fear and its consequences are just as authentic. Aurora, the “forgetting-remembering” of which you spoke resonates with me along these very lines! And I love your example connecting the problematic electric device to your consciousness; how smoothly our experiences flow when we step out of our own way and trust the universe!

Thanks for helping me adjust my sails, as each conversation creates invaluable insight.

Light and love,
    Lili

• #5534 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Beautiful insights Lili, thank you! I’m doing Deepak and Oprah’s 21 day meditation too and loving it! 😊 Nice to know we’re sharing that experience too!

• #5559 Score: 1

lilianna.deveneau
    Participant
    19 votes
    @lilianna-deveneau

How awesome, @aurorac! I really love the whole layout and “flow!!” of the website! From the quote and message of the day to the online journal and repeatable meditations, I find it fabulous! Are you enjoying the experience as well? 🙂 I’ve actually been searching on Youtube for several months trying to pin down previous “21 day meditation” videos with Deepak, and was thrilled when I saw he and Oprah were offering this; what a fruitful example of how our awareness can interact with itself to connect with others and share incredible energy and insights, creating our universe!! So grateful!

• #5564 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Yes Lili, I’m greatly enjoying it and have done all the previous ones. They have this wonderful quality of synchronicity, always attuned to the greater needs of the world at that precise moment. I’m so happy for you, so glad you have called on the experience and seen it present itself to you 🙂 All the prior experience are to be found on that same website, chopracentermeditation.com.

• #5696 Score: 1

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear Lili:
    On the “The subatomic particles that the cosmos is built upon wink in and out of existence continually. Like a cosmic on/off switch, there is a mechanism that turns nothing (the so-called vacuum state) into a teeming ocean of physical objects.” And “In unimaginably small scales of time, vibrations of quanta come out of emptiness and quickly merge back into emptiness, but this quantum on/off cycle is totally invisible to us.”

Based on the above, you are asking about apports, the manifestation of objects “out of nothing”. Yes, indeed, we have heard of this. Objects can manifest out of the sea of Consciousness. How and in what circumstances, it will take a while to discuss. Let me just say that there are powers that seem beyond the ordinary. But isn’t life itself the greatest of mysteries? Quantum paradigm makes it more probable to account for such manifestations than classical world of ordinary senses.

Menas

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X