Readers Ask: If Love Heals Why Not Heal the World?

////Readers Ask: If Love Heals Why Not Heal the World?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  JenniferL 4 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

This question was asked by Derek Whitney, member of our YATU forum. Thank for asking this important question, Derek!

Question:

Knowing that just as on an individual form & cell level, when we are Love, we experience flow – so too, on a species level if we could be Love, how we would flow.

Is it worth discussing and documenting in some way what a beautiful, perfect, all cooperating human Earth might be like – in the hope that encouraging many to think about it, will contribute more energy towards same?

In a Universe of complete unlimited cosmic possibilities – and for the ‘grain of sand on the beach of eternity’ that we are here for – why not aim stratospherically high?

Today, let us all ask ourselves: how do I take the first step towards love?
    Please watch my answer and share your thoughts about love and healing.

Love,
    Deepak

• #5059 Score: 2

Hunter
    Participant
    2 votes
    @hunter

In every moment we can ask the question, “What would Love do?”, as our guide to stay in Love.

Another helpful image I use is to put my Love glasses on. Now what do you see?

We have to be the Love we want to see in the world in every breath, thought, word and deed. Always, in all ways, coming back to Love.

In service to Love.

Infinite Love and gratitude to you, Deepak and Derek.

This post has received 2 votes up.
    • #5061 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Hunter, that was a beautiful image 🙂 I think I will put my Love glasses on as often as I can from now on, so I can see the world with the clear eyes of the heart. Thank you!

• #5071 Score: 2

Paul Gopal
    Participant
    15 votes
    @paul

I just postet this Intent @ intent.com & on Facebook.

My Intent is to be an ambassador of Love

• #5073 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

That’s a wonderful intent Paul! 🙂 🙂 🙂
      Please take us all with you to your country! ❤️

P.S. sitting here, giggling, thinking that from now on I will answer every “where do you come from” with “I come from Love”. Thanks, Paul!

• #5089 Score: 0

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

Hello to the Forum! In love and so much appreciation! <3

“If Love can heal why don’t we heal ourselves and the world…”

Dr. Chopra, the energy of today’s post! Feeling the love from Isreal and through this discussion forum. Thank you for your wisdom and insight. I really appreciate your humble take on this topic, as it reminds me, we’re all in the process of unfolding in love!

My two cents for what it’s worth:

Love, at the same time, reveals to us. How do we work with what is revealed when looking at our shadow isn’t ever pleasant? How do we rise above it, as the soul inspired hippies we know ourselves to be?

Dr. Chopra mentioned the Yoga of Love. I believe, so far, we heal through the process of transmuting our lower desires into the higher – it’s a mental process not for the feeble minded – thereby demonstrating self-mastery. It isn’t a guess work but revealed to us every day in our experiences, just waiting to be dealt with consciously.

Synchronicities give us a clue as to what we’re working with at any given moment and it’s up to us to meet our circumstance with love, understanding, detachment, and all the virtues of a soul-inspired being!

Riding the wave of love on this forum!
    Love,
    Jennifer

P.S. As synchronicity would have it I have the song, Khabar Nahi by Kahan Johar, with the lyrics blasting in my ears, “got to be love cause it’s really got me going” <3 Namaste! So, in love!

• #5090 Score: 0

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

Hello again!

I just opened up the book, You Are the Universe, to a passage I think also helps us understand the healing abilities we have through love when we’re soul identified. The way that I’ve learned it so far, and found it helpful for my own healing, is to look at circumstances as “God is” (oneness), and not in terms of good or bad, which are “opposites.”

Chopra and Kafatos say the following in support of this notion of unifying the opposites (You Are the Universe, pg. 135):

“So the big question is why two opposite behaviors coexist. In physics we say they are complementary, which is more accurate than opposite, because the same photon can display either behavior…in a universe where A no longer causes B, it turns out that A and B can be two sides of the same coin.”

As two sides of the same coin, we want to find what unifies A and B, perhaps in the form of Disease and Good Health, for example. Otherwise, we’re playing with the polarities, and when we take sides with one being more right than the other, we actually strengthen the resistance of the one we’ve taken sides against. When we look at ill-health as a complement to health or well-being, we may see the process of both experiences serving the same purpose; that is, to help us answer the ultimate question, “Who am I?”

Similarly, when we don’t identify ourselves with disease or well-being and know ourselves to be something greater than both in a complementary universe, we’re already demonstrating our holistic, and higher self, which raises the vibration and has impact on our specific and universal being. YATU!

My two cents….You’re thoughts appreciated. <3

In love,
    JenniferL

• #5093 Score: 2

sara jones
    Participant
    5 votes
    @sara-jones

It’s all so simple and we seem to make it all so complicated. I believe often the more words that are used to describe, analyse, explain love & what love is, the more it becomes an analytical expression thereby taking away the perfect, pure simpleness of what is.
    So simple…..we are love, we come from love, in our natural state, we exude love, we never live, we never die….if we truly feel from our essence it is only love.
    Many have been mesmerised into believing our form, our human abilities, our human brain is who we are….we are simply part of a loving universe in a human form…it is impossible for any ‘one’ being to be ‘better’ or ‘worse’ than another. We are one & the same, it’s simply a belief we have been taught that we are different & separate.
    My message is simple…..be love, exude love, embrace love….ripple this to the universe & feel the waves of love returned to you to wash over and envelop you each & every moment, if you allow it, it will….and so the cycle continues….give love….receive love….feel love….allow love….

• #5096 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Hi, Sara Jones!

You say, “My message is simple…..be love, exude love, embrace love….”

Yes! Simplify! What a beautiful message. Your words remind me to let go of the forms of love, as these limit what love truly is.

It took me a long time to recognize that love messages don’t always come in the manner I was brought up to believe. It makes for happier, more sustaining companionships when we can let each other go. Be.

Mahatma Gandhi reminds us to, “be the change that we wish to see in the world.”

Love,
      JenniferL

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #5095 Score: 1

Sree
    Participant
    22 votes
    @sree

Beautifully said, Sara. If anything, love is just the name we give to the *feelings* we get when we are most in harmony and alignment with our Source. We only have to use more words, and get more analytical and technical, when trying to communicate this feeling to others who are not as much in alignment, or when trying to remind ourselves when we get out of harmony.

• #5097 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Hello, Sree!

It’s great to read your post. You make a good point. Perhaps, it can also be said that everything we experience is a form of love, and so we can’t help but always express this.

Love and light,
      JenniferL

• #5109 Score: 2

Ana Sanjuan
    Participant
    11 votes
    @anitasanjuan

What a wonderful video and discussion. I feel so much gratitude to this forum for allowing me to start my day with discussions that can heal me and the world.

Today I hold tight to this invitation:

“Can you make love the motivation for every choice that you make? If you do, you will be whole, holy and healed.”

Recently, I was reflecting on the complexity of my life. I am blessed by a good life, full of health, friends, family, community, work I love and a deep inspiration to grow. And also so often I am struck by how complex managing this life is. There are so many moving parts that ceaselessly demand to be attended.

To list a few: aging family and complex healthcare decisions; anticipating paying for college for our two children; friends in our community that were sick and dying and leaving behind young children; finances, bills and their stress; maintaining a clean house; shopping, cooking, and cleaning three meals a day, every day, every week for years; caring for my own personal needs to grow, heal, and rest; the pressures and responsibilities of my work; being available to friends and family who struggle…and I can go on.

In a moment of clarity, I understood that the only possible way to manage this was to make every decision based on love. I told my husband this; that we could manage our lives from a place of love; that this would simplify decisions, while powerfully serving the world around us. No matter what the outcome, I could rest in my soul knowing that love was the seed of my actions.

And when I began this commitment, I also saw very clearly all the moments in which I was not making a decision motivated by love. The shadow immediately came into clear focus. This, of course, is the other gift, albeit a hard gift. Thus began the daily practice of seeing myself clearly, and all the moments of choice, and when I choose love versus when I choose other, and why.

In fact, this practice will take lifetimes. But I am on the path, and as Deepak reminded us “Start today, a journey of a thousand miles starts with one step today.”

Thank you Deepak and the YATU forum!

Ana Sanjuan

• #5110 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Thank you, Ana!

Your words spoke to me:

In a moment of clarity, I understood that the only possible way to manage this was to make every decision based on love. I told my husband this; that we could manage our lives from a place of love; that this would simplify decisions, while powerfully serving the world around us. No matter what the outcome, I could rest in my soul knowing that love was the seed of my actions.

In Love,
      Jennifer

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X