Readers Ask: Is Art Closer to Truth Than Science?

////Readers Ask: Is Art Closer to Truth Than Science?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Menas Kafatos 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by Derek Whitney, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Derek!

Question:

“Is great art closer to truth than science? Are great poets, artists and composers closest in guiding all towards divine truth, while science, which is rooted in human thought, is at best poor translation?”

Please watch the video and let me know what you think!

Love,
    Deepak

• #4735 Score: 0

Giraffe130958
    Participant
    @giraffe130958

Yes the Video makes sense and I experience through Feeling and yet wonder how to Support others who are far more rational to connect to their Feelings. Somehow they are afraid of their Feeling world . Think they will be out of Control and then chaos sets in. Just scary for them.

• #4743 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Giraffe, I agree that feeling is so much more accurate as guidance than trying to orient oneself according to rational considerations. Maybe you could support other people by accepting and being comfortable with both your and their feelings? In that way, you demonstrate that feelings are not dangerous.

But even for those who have their attention on feelings, I would say that most people don’t understand how to use feelings as a guide to healing oneself. Instead of using feelings for understanding, the feelings use them, making them move this way or that.

As long as we still believe it’s about “the world out there” we are not really moving forward on our journey to awakening. Would you agree?

• #4769 Score: 1

Derek Whitney
    Participant
    22 votes
    @derek-whitney

Thank you Deepak for your informed and appreciated response to the question posed.

Albert Einstein once cleverly said ‘It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense and be, as if describing a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure.’

Ludwig Van Beethoven said: ‘Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be, we hear his voice, we read his lips, the vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man’s soul.’

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart said: ‘Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.’

As you have previously and I believe honourably guided Deepak, the ultimate answer is always, it seems – Love.
    Therefore when I posed the question is great art closer to truth than science – it was alluding more to the ultimate truth being Love.

If we accept this as truth, then I believe, great art, as evidenced in the words and works of Rumi, Tagore, Mozart, Beethoven and co. arises and flows purely from the one Loving Source of all creation …and in doing so, one could understandably point that it must then be closer to ultimate truth, than historical human thought based science has ever been able to be.

However I do believe, you are already onto this and hence are very wisely and helpfully looking to create a ‘new science’ by merging the best of historic and current science with the deeper ‘knowings’ that have always been behind and within great poetry, philosophy, music, art, ancient wisdom traditions and all Source/Love based ‘truths’.

I do sense that the declining role of great/sensitive art/music/poetry in our culture, along with the declining individual human connection to nature as cities increase in number and size, are two key contributing factors that underpin our species being the greatest ‘self harmers’ on the planet. Art/music/poetry have always played a vital role in keeping our alignment with Source/Love.

Sadly, the more disconnected from nature/Source we are becoming – the more technical and robotic the popular music is becoming and so the cycle continues and evolves.

Thank you Deepak, you are a very welcome voice of deep guiding wisdom in a time of much distortion and distraction…..very much appreciated from here in Lennox Head, Australia and globally.

I would like to be a voice to help raise more awareness of these important things too….and am intentioning that life lived forward may provide more of an opportunity to do so.

Namaste

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • #5259 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
      41 votes
      @menask

Thank you Derek:

On your question about human beings being responsible for so much disruption on the Earth (including ourselves), it is true. But it is also true that human species have the capacity to transcend the ego and follow the true identity with universal Consciousness. This is the fundamental complementarity. As we explain in YATU.

Best,

Menas

• #5258 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Art is close to truth but science is too. Art is science, science is art. We should understand the nature of complementarity and not be caught up in apparent “dualism”. This is the basic message of You Are the Universe.

Love to All,

Menas

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X