Readers Ask: Is Spirit the Essence of Science?

////Readers Ask: Is Spirit the Essence of Science?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Richa 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

I am sharing impressions from the PTTOW conference and also addressing a question asked by @richa, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Richa!

Question:

“Einstein said, “Everyone who is seriously interested in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe – a spirit vastly superior to man, and one in the face of which our modest powers must seem humble.” How can one connect and evolve with this spirit? Is this spirit Divine God? How does our consciousness relate to this spirit superior to man?”

Love,
    Deepak

• #5459 Score: 0

Aum Krishna
    Participant
    5 votes
    @aum-krishna

Dear Dr.Deepak Chopra,

I have only just read this beautiful excerpt on the internet by yourself

“God is the infinite potential that becomes the universe and the awareness of the universe in conscious beings. God is the ground of existence that differentiates space time matter and information. God is the creativity inherent in the cosmos. God is the evolution of platonic truth such as beauty, goodness, love, compassion, harmony, joy, and equanimity. God is our highest instinct to understand ourselves.Having said all of this, all definitions of God are inadequate. To define God is to limit God”

My heart fills with immense joy, as the words praise HIm. I personally believe and as your mention, God is full of goodness, sheer love, bliss.. Since He is so full of goodness/sattva qualities, I believe, that to become closer to God is by constantly engaging our senses, body , mind, actions in serving with a righteous purpose/ inculcating sattvik qualities through actions, food, senses etc. However, also becoming aware of our deficiencies/aware of desires and taking purposeful actions self-lessly. Then we’ed live our life in love, love for Him , love for the creation and each and every entity within it, people, animals, trees, mountains, planets …..

Shri Krishna says in The Geeta, Jo bhakt mujhe apne dil me rakhta hai, mein bhi use apne dil meim rakhta Hun”. Bhakti/love is the way to Him.Gyaan is as well but The Geeta says it takes much longer than Gyan but with Bhakti, “Mere bhakt ko Mera sansshay rahit gyaan ho jaata hai”.

Even if we only see Shri Krishna as a superhero, or a super man/learned man , if we really ask ourselves, we will know, love is the only way to be closer to love.

Kindest

• #5462 Score: 0

Richa
    Participant
    32 votes
    @richa

Dear Dr. Deepak Chopra,

It is so nice to hear from you. I thank you so much for addressing my question. I feel so honored and blessed to hear from you.

Like you said, laws of nature are nothing but regularities of experience and these experiences are happening in your awareness.

So that means, yes, spirit is the essence of science.

Deepest regards,

Richa

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X