Readers Ask: Observer, Wave, Particle

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Menas Kafatos 3 years ago.

• Author

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Menas Kafatos

Question:

In regards to the wave/particle theory and the inability of the observer to perceive both at the same time, isn’t it true that each carries the other in latency, which can be known under the light of the sun?

In a similar vein of thought, what is species specific perception at the Quantum level? How can this be known to the observer, who is, in reality, one with the subject under observation?

Answer:

Each carries the other in complementarity, this is how we would put it. With respect to the second point, John Archibald Wheeler drew the impossibility of the eye seeing itself. We are enfolded in the act of observation. Us, the observed, and the act of observation are all tied together.

Love,
    Menas

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #5578 Score: 1

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

Dear Dr. Kafatos (@menasK),

Thank you for your response! This helps with clarification. I did a meditation and spiritual reading with “the impossibility of the eye seeing itself.”

“This still leaves open the mechanism that allows the act of looking to affect physical matter (You Are the Universe, 111).” I’ll add… because it is one and the same Being, so far as I understand so far. When we can recognize what lies back of phenomenal experience we see the essential nature of our being, and how, liken to the Father, one created reality.

Much appreciation for the discussion forum and the opportunity to work together on discovering the Self.

Love,
    JenniferL

• #5599 Score: 2

Diane E. Harper
    Participant
    12 votes
    @diane-e-harper

Question; is it a two way street that a wave can become a particle and particle can become a wave?
    Thanks!
    Diane E. Harper

This post has received 2 votes up.
  • #5602 Score: 0

Diane E. Harper
    Participant
    12 votes
    @diane-e-harper

Hey, Jennifer
    In my understanding any ‘leaving’ would only be the person (consciousness) not seeing or allowing for the source to still be connected to us.
    I did not create myself. Therefore there must be a creator or an OTHER.
    On an everyday level one may be in a state of misunderstanding self and holding up illusory blocks to truth which is that the creator cannot be separated from the creation. All parts of the creator are also in the created. So ‘source’ (if I’m understanding you correctly) is that state where we understand that separation is an illusion brought on by the belief that something else stands in the way. Blocks to the truth of ourselves can be in many forms but all dictate that we are nor can we be a perfect being as our myth stories tell us. Example; I cannot be God because I have flaws and I know that God is flawless. This kind of thinking implies that separation is fact and forgets that all is PROCESS. This is what (as I understand it) is meant by there is no such thing death nor birth. All is process. Unending. Without starts or stops. World without end. Amen!
    Love the conversation!
    Diane

• #5613 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Hi Diane,

In today’s live Facebook video, Deepak said that time is the movement of thought that separates the observer from the observed. For the first time, it became so clear to me what timelessness is about. Similarly, when we’re talking about the particle/wave theory, or even the identity between God and the individual, we’re looking at a perceived separation, as you mention above so eloquently.

I just opened YATU (pg. 95) where the question is being answered, “Where did time come from?”

It’s a perception and an experience we created. The authors go on to say that the only real time is now or in the present moment.

It’s a bit of a mind walk, but when I look at the particle/wave theory in terms of this knowledge regarding time, I think ‘What particle? What wave? What’s remaining?’ Perhaps the present moment holds the key to answering these questions.

Yes, the conversation makes my day! <3

Love,
      JenniferL

• #5623 Score: 0

Diane E. Harper
    Participant
    12 votes
    @diane-e-harper

Just to let you know that I am truly with you in conversation … I did re-read page 95! I am eating up this book one page at a time and making notes everywhere. Is it kosher to say here that I have also read Eckart Tolle’s books too? THE POWER OF NOW. YATU brings the science to the conversation and for that I’m glad. Particle or Wave? On or off. One cell or two. It’s the origin of the separation that has us fascinated. In our efforts to understand ourselves, we want to break things down to the smallest knowable parts and that in itself is a distraction away from truth. Is-ness. Now. Being. Holy Instant. These are all as close as we can get to knowing our true selves. I haven’t finished the book yet (one bite at a time), but I get where it’s going. My love and my peace to you and this forum.
    Diane

• #5634 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Diane, of course it is perfectly all right to discuss and link to all and any materials and sources that have relevance to the process of understanding and realization! Please don’t hold back! 🙂 P.S. I’m a YATU moderator so take this as an official, joyful YES:)

• #6585 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear @diane-e-harper

My replies/comments in italics:

You state: “Is it kosher to say here that I have also read Eckart Tolle’s books too? THE POWER OF NOW.”
    Of course it is. It is a great work!

YATU brings the science to the conversation and for that I’m glad. Particle or Wave? On or off. One cell or two. It’s the origin of the separation that has us fascinated. In our efforts to understand ourselves, we want to break things down to the smallest knowable parts and that in itself is a distraction away from truth. Is-ness. Now. Being. Holy Instant. These are all as close as we can get to knowing our true selves. I haven’t finished the book yet (one bite at a time), but I get where it’s going. My love and my peace to you and this forum.

Well, maybe we want to “break things down to the smallest” for the fun of it! I mean it. The Truth is always there. But, you are right, distractions abound.

Love and peace

Menas

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X