Readers Ask: The Future of Artificial Intelligence & Understanding Consciousness

////Readers Ask: The Future of Artificial Intelligence & Understanding Consciousness

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Menas Kafatos 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by @jenniferl, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Jennifer!

Question:

“Dearest Authors and YATU Community,

Poetry First:

From the personality level: duality
    To the Absolute: I AM THAT I AM
    What’s in between?
    Everything and Nothing
    Equality and Essentials
    What’s essential?
    This is an emergent work.

Ponderings :

‘I and the Father are One’ means to me an understanding of that which we are achieving in the hopes of bettering mankind. And, knowing how we affect the lives up and down the Kingdom, including the atoms of AI robots, computers, and the like, which come together in aggregate. The interplay of energies between the observer and the observed is a creative process built to last throughout all of creation. It’s the focal point of achievement. The I Am Thus, so far as I understand.

Does AI have a soul? Who is the indwelling entity? And how is this entity animated, brought to light, given breath, in an AI unit? Is it even possible to do so? Can humanity create in one’s own image? Or, play God?

I guess the bottom line, so far as I can see, and in order to safely create AI without destroying ourselves and the planet, is to ask ourselves what our motive for AI is. And, what level of conscious development do we want to be demonstrating in order to effectively motivate matter and awaken the indwelling entity? “

As always, I welcome your comments! Please keep sending in your questions, making sure you use @question in your text!

Love,
    Deepak

• #7223 Score: 1

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear Jennifer:

All good points. AI is not an independent “form of life” that somehow will swallow us. As are nuclear weapons, pollution, etc., they are our creation. AI cannot replace Consciousness because AI is invented by Consciousness. Unless we let it take over our lives. As division, strife and hatred seem to have taken over our lives.

Blessings,

Menas

This post has received 1 vote up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X