Readers Ask: What Are Meaningful Coincidences?

////Readers Ask: What Are Meaningful Coincidences?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Shivansh Mahajan 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by @shivansh Mahajan, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Shivansh!

Question:

“I have a question that is so significant to me that it pops up every now and then in my life and leaves me in awe of my ‘human universe’. Since more than 2 years (when I was 16-17 years old) I have been learning from your wisdom and also practicing meditation and self-awareness. All this while, I have very frequently observed instances of ‘vivid coincidences’in my life, and I still do.
    These coincidences range from mere, seemingly insignificant observations to major life impacting incidents. Reading a new word in a book would suddenly pop-up somewhere else, a song that I happen to think of would surprisingly play around me, then guessing the time exactly right, and surprisingly meeting new people with common acquaintances.

These are just a few minor examples from my life. I feel that these astounding experiences are conveying some sought of message to me. Though for most of them I am unable to decipher their direct implication, at times these instances come out to be mysterious solutions to certain problems or questions in my life, such as wishing for something and then it happens accurately. I am overwhelmed with gratitude at that time. But I wonder if these are just normal experiences that I tend to over-estimate or there is a hidden wisdom in each experience. Some do say that I am taking it too seriously while others say that the experiences are effects of meditation. I believe that these coincidences are always intelligent and shaping my life for the best.

Are mere coincidences not really coincidences in pure consciousness? Are these experiences some kind of hints from the conscious universe? If yes, according to you, does this open doors to understanding the cosmic mind?

Your answer would mean a lot to me.”

Please watch my answer and let me know what you think!

Love,
    Deepak

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #5806 Score: 0

Shivansh Mahajan
    Participant
    9 votes
    @shivansh

@deepakchopra
    Much gratitude to you for this fantastic response Dr. Chopra, for taking out some valuable time from your schedule in Riyadh. Also, my apologies for looking at your response a tad too late.
    I am now more confident that these so called ‘coincidences’ represent the extension of my personal self to the cosmic self (though essentially both are one). My body, my senses, my thoughts, my emotions and my experiences are all part of my ‘human universe’ and hence, coincidental phenomena are evidences of that. Interestingly, this is what ‘You are the Universe’ teaches me- oneness of the conscious universe.
    Also, I have made note of the 7 steps to magnify my conscious experiences that you suggested in the video. These are precious suggestions for me. Thank you for motivating me to keep moving on my spiritual journey. I hope to keep in touch to discuss more experiences and feedback in future.

Lots of love,
    Shivansh. 😀

• #5820 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @shivansh, I don’t know if you have seen it but Deepak has read and tweeted your response and has thanked you on Twitter. Will try to embed his tweet here, let’s see if it works:

• #6731 Score: 1

Shivansh Mahajan
      Participant
      9 votes
      @shivansh

@aurorac
      Thank you! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X