Readers Ask: What Are Sacred Spaces?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Aurora Carlson 4 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by Adinkracloth, one of our YATU forum members. Thank you!

Question:

How do you explain sacred spaces, thin spaces? Thank you.

I am offering my answer in the video, please watch and let me know what you think!

Love,
    Deepak

• #5106 Score: 1

lbphipps
    Participant
    1 vote
    @lbphipps

I am a designer who has led the sustainable building movement for 30 years and an ordained minister for 20. My focus in seminary was this concept of sacred space and I agree that collective consciousness is part of creating it. What interests me is how searching vs finding happens. I believe that finding sacred space involves alignment with ones highest good. I’ve recently been called to co-create sacred space with the other sentient beings. Plants and flowers and animals. With the land. I didn’t know I would be doing this work until I was called to it in a powerful experience. The way it has unfolded is magical.
    In love and light
    Lynne

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • #5171 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear Lynne, thank you for sharing, such a magical journey you describe! I can relate to your connection to other sentient beings, plants, animals, the land itself. I am just wondering… my feeling has always been that sacredness is in reality everywhere, but that some spaces are imbued with superficiality which covers sacredness like clouds would cover the sky. The sky is still there, but the superficial focus of attention is so dense in some places, often in cities, that sacredness gets “zoned out” so to speak. How does that sound to you?

• #5108 Score: 1

Adinkracloth
    Participant
    2 votes
    @adinkracloth

Thank you Deepak for sharing your thoughts on Sacred Space. Thank you also for references to the biofield, and epigenetic modification. I find the reference to the power of intention in a particular environment really interesting. I have seen this in fixed locations and also in crowded cities eg. on buses and trains, that one can through the power of intention and with a heart of love, create a sacred space in that time and space that one occupies. As you said “The state of conciousness determines the sacred space that you find yourself.” Thanks again for sharing these pearls of wisdom. Best wishes to yourself and Menas Kafatos.

This post has received 1 vote up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X