Readers Ask: What Happens to a Person Upon Death?

////Readers Ask: What Happens to a Person Upon Death?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Deepak Chopra 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by @ruhi, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Pawan Vashisht!

Question:

“What happens when we die? Where goes the the person called me?

I STRONGLY BELIEVE me is nothing. It is only when it is conscious and has a body. When we sleep we find no connection with body. We are just imaginations. That’s what happens after death. We are nothing. Just a consciousness. When we die, we leave this body having physical characteristics and limitations. But when we die, we are the universe. We are infinite.

What happens when we are reborn? Nothing. We are again caught in the 6 senses made by neurons.
    What is previous life memories? That’s only when we wish for something but do nothing.Then desires go with us, they force us to rebirth. Some people remember previous lives. That means they stick off between consciousness and desires.

Do whatever what you want to do. There is nothing good or bad. Everything we see outside is created by people not smarter than you. Just be free from desires . How??

Now that’s a big question. Either by fulfilling them. No you can’t fulfill all your desires.
    Or by killing them?? No they can’t be killed . They come even more strongly and badly if you try this. They become worse and you are forced to do some bad acts not allowed by society if you ever try to kill your desires.
    I really don’t know what to do.

Because I always kill my desires. I try to do what society teaches me to do to get a comfortable life.
    And I am still not sure whether I did the right or wrong thing. I had a comfortable life with good job and ideal family.
    But something main inside me is really missing.

When I asked to really find my WHY in any business, I couldn’t. Because it’s never MONEY.
    IT IS WHAT I LEFT BEHIND.
    AND STILL LOOKING FOR IT IN THE FUTURE.
    AND I DON’T KNOW HOW TO GET IT FROM THE PAST.!”

As always, I welcome your comments! Please keep sending in your questions, making sure you use @question in your text!

Love,
    Deepak

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X