Readers Ask: What Is Knowing?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yasir 4 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by Yasir, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Yasir!

Question:

“Sir Chopra, I pondered a couple of videos done by Rupert Spira, as suggested by you.

There is a particular fact he mentioned in one of his dialogues with some fellow, in which he states: “That all there is, is ☆Knowing☆” .

In my interpretation this means what we call awareness. Just different symbols for the same basic fundamental reality.

I used his information as a way to meditate on everything in my surroundings, perceiving all of it as just a knower. I found myself just as a witnessing Knower in everything, which made it easy for me to live in a total Chaos even.

At some point however, skeptics may object that “This fundamental fact may limit the expression of everyday activities as we know we are the Knower so what’s the point of doing anything ?”

Does this make sense? Please enlighten us sir.”

Please watch the video and let me know what you think!

Love,
    Deepak

• #5153 Score: 1

Yasir
    Participant
    2 votes
    @yasir

Hi Dr. Chopra.

First of all my utmost gratitude to you for this remarkable platform, where I can connect to a mentor like you. Two, I was there literally watching the live broadcast on Facebook and left a compliment comment there for you and Aurora. I am honored and extremely happy as your thoughts were highly comprehensive and rational specifically about the tremendous possibilities “knowing” can open for you towards. I have also joined Jiyo application as you mentioned it, in the past and I love it. I am quietly hoping that you would see some of my posts there. I am grateful for your response sir and hoping that your next visit to Seattle would give me an opportunity to host a delicious Indian dinner, I am a wonderful Indian cook too. Thank you once again and I remain truly yours,

Regards.

This post has received 1 vote up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X