Readers Ask: What is Life Like Upon Waking Up to Reality?

////Readers Ask: What is Life Like Upon Waking Up to Reality?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Menas Kafatos 3 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by Nurse1946, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Nurse!

Question:

“I’ve followed you Deepak for quite awhile and think I have ‘Woke Up’ the idea that we are consciousness and this body that I feel is 99% empty space. I’m just walking around shaking my head. I meditate frequently but still feel all alone.

I’m awake to your teaching, now what, Deepak?”

Please watch the video and let me know what you think!

Love,
    Deepak

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #4971 Score: 0

Lindsay Briner
    17 votes
    @lindzyb

Beautiful response Deepak! Goodness, truth & beauty, as a means of being once we “wake up” thank you! Once we become aware that we are at one with everything and nothing, where we can sense the interconnectedness of all life, there is an emergence of higher values. When we reach this state and maintain it regularly, it is as if our soul has already moved beyond the human plane and there is no longer a fear of death.

I also deeply appreciate the aspect you mention where when we wake up, we are no longer attached to outcome such as success. When we live in these higher states of consciousness we realize the intricate perfection of an unknown order of things, and simply surrender.

This reminds me of one of my favorite Mother Teresa Quotes, “We cannot do great things, we can only do small things with great love.”

When we live in higher altruistic ethics and values, we live in love, we are love, and all the things we do from that state can have a ripple affect of a greatness beyond our awareness. And then we can live in a state of awe knowing this.

• #4973 Score: 1

krista
    Participant
    24 votes
    @krista

Thanks Lindsay!

“…there is an emergence of higher values.” Beautifully said and true.

If we have love and truth–
    Not that which is of this world,
    But that which arises from it,
    Then we have everything

Much Love, Krista

• #5546 Score: 1

tine
    Participant
    1 vote
    @tine

For you Deepak, it seems you are living a great dream, of success, and good living. However, it seems so many of us that wake up are living in a dream we aren’t enjoying. How can we create a dream that we want to be living?

I have realized my self as The Self, yet it isn’t a place I live, I am still this human being having the experience. I’d like to be happier, healthier, and more successful as I live as this human being. How can I change my world to reflect what I want it to be?

• #6079 Score: 1

Vikram Chauhan
    Participant
    11 votes
    @vikram-chauhan

Hi Deepak,

I agree with you. You have been my spiritual teacher, among many others. We are all in a journey: some are behind, some have already achieved it – the journey of Enlightenment. And I am very glad to see that you have already achieved it.

Namaste

• #6080 Score: 1

Vikram Chauhan
    Participant
    11 votes
    @vikram-chauhan

Enlightenment is nothing else but seeing the light of God. And seeing it crystal clear. And Deepak has seen it. And he is helping us all see it.

What a noble man. And what a noble ambition.

• #6530 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear @tine:

You stated: “…However, it seems so many of us that wake up are living in a dream we aren’t enjoying. How can we create a dream that we want to be living?

I have realized my self as The Self, yet it isn’t a place I live, I am still this human being having the experience. I’d like to be happier, healthier, and more successful as I live as this human being. How can I change my world to reflect what I want it to be?”

Dreams are just dreams. Some are pleasant, some are unpleasant. Life is the same way, some of the experiences are “good” some are “bad”. Some good now, become bad later!

Going beyond the pairs of opposites is the purpose of human life. Little by little.

Love and gratitude,

Menas

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X