Readers Ask: Why Do We Experience Duality?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ziewatt 4 years ago.

• Author

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

The question was asked by @ziewatt, member of our YATU forum. Thank you Suzie!

Question:

“Why do we go through duality here on this plane of existence? when in our own true state there is no duality. Are we living a spiritual existence to discover that there is no duality or are we living a human existence with spiritual experiences and duality to remind us of who/what where we are?

If the world and us in the world of existence is a world that is perfect why do we create such duality upon this level of existence on the earth?

In my meditations I feel calm, at one, sometimes I break through to no thought just at a place where there is just being. Why do we come here to such an experience when we all are actually whole and from such a consciousness that there is no time, no struggle, just pure wholeness.”

As always, I welcome your comments! Please keep sending in your questions, making sure you use @question in your text!

Love,
    Deepak

• #6673 Score: 0

ziewatt
    Participant
    16 votes
    @ziewatt

Dear Deepak,

Thank you for your response via facebook. By what you are saying I am now beginning to understand the idea of duality and experiencing through contrast. I still feel that there is a peaceful place beyond all that we experience here. I try to become more settled in my being this is coming now later in my life, you say the peace that passes all understanding , the whole, holy and healed, this for me is a journey, yoga is now helping me in this healing. I have only come to yoga properly now in my life, and experience a peace I have never felt before.

I was brought up in an anglican background, and it was all about a separate god, and the creator was way far away. This as a child for me was very confusing. I experienced death early in life with family and again this created a feeling of wondering where these souls went. And why would those I loved go. Years later now, I have healed a great deal and have begun a journey back to self and knowing that I am a being experiencing all things, and I am creating and living with self awareness. Interestingly the words you said “the peace that passes all understanding” was in the church I grew up with a lot. It doesn’t matter what reference that it is related too it is very useful to remember this in my heart.

This has actually been a very healing process listening to how duality is something normal by experiencing contrast and plays of consciousness within a material world. I also find it useful to remember the settled being that you talked about. This again is happening later in my life, but for so long was not my state of consciousness. I work with children and I sometimes see some children that are highly sizzled and frenetic due to there living situations etc. I try to calm them by words and calmness.

Namaste,
    Suzie

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X