Reincarnation and Past-Life Regressions

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Menas Kafatos 4 years ago.

• Author

Angela
    Participant
    1 vote
    @angela

Dearest Deepak,

I have long wished to have your opinion on the subject of past lives and past-life regressions. I would like to know where this all fits into the new paradigm. I have been a long-time believer in reincarnation and at least for the moment, I still believe that portions of the soul (focused attention/directed consciousness) move in-and-out of form for the sake of experience and evolution. Otherwise, we would not be here right now sharing conversations. Right?

While pursuing my interest in spiritual matters, I became a past-life regressionist. However, my thoughts about what is actually occurring during these sessions have changed significantly over the years. While some cases may, in fact, be actual lifetimes previously experienced, in most cases, I suspect that what people are really ‘tapping into’ is the ‘collective consciousness’, particularly if everything is actually occurring NOW – where the past, present, and future all cumulate.

Between myself and my clients, we have “experienced” being everything from a ray of sunshine to a drop of morning dew falling from a plant leaf; a seashell swishing on a shoreline; a rock, a tree, an animal, and nearly everything imaginable. We have found ourselves as various people living in various time periods and cultures on various continents, etc. The experiences feel very real, sometimes ‘more real’ than this life feels. So how can we interpret this? What is actually occurring during past-life-regression hypnosis sessions?

Any thoughts or possible explanations you may have to offer will be deeply appreciated. Other people on this forum are welcome to share their opinions as well.

Thank you,
    Angie

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #5344 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

Hello Angie, a warm welcome to the YATU forum! 🙂

Thank you for your interesting question, I’m looking forward to answers from the authors!

You know, when reading your post, the thought that came was that you have made a journey in awareness, your point of view has shifted, so what you are actually wondering is if your new point of view is valid, or maybe, more correct than the prior one. Is that so?

I am asking because I recognize this from my own journey. One of the first things that struck me (like lightning!) at one early point on my path was the opening of my awareness to other lifetimes. It happened very suddenly and simply, while watching Deepak on a scene for the first time I started to see him in different persons, all within stories I recognized as having been “my life” at some point. I was so shocked that I managed to tuck it away for a while, until the next time I found myself at one of his workshops, where not only did he lead an exercise in… let’s call it past life watching (like bird watching 🙂 ) but I spontaneously had even more recognitions.

All that was very spectacular, especially as I was viewing it from the point of view of a person. But during the years, much through my work as a healer, constantly tapping into people’s stories, I came to the same conclusion as you did, that what is tapped into is simply the field of consciousness, the stories or patterns unfolding there, of which people and their lives are physical representations.

So I would say that reincarnation is the recycling of energy and information in universal consciousness.

Would be nice to know how this resonates with you. I also wonder what @robin, @richard and @jenniferl would think of your question, we are having an interesting discussion about the soul which is related: What Is Soul, maybe they want to share here too?

• #5355 Score: 1

Robin
    Participant
    51 votes
    @robin

Hello @angie and @Aurora (and yes, Aurora, the tagging is working–so helpful in connecting to other conversations!)
    It’s so exciting to discuss this with like-minded souls in this forum!

As I said in response to Aurora’s question in our What Is Soul convo, I, too have had many past-life and other-life form experiences. And like your spontaneous regressions, Aurora, sometimes these come unbidden. I went to a place called Lily Dale in Upstate New York last summer–it is the oldest continuously running Spiritualist Community in America. I don’t know if they think of Spiritualism as a religion (I think so) but it was popular in 19th century America, based on direct contact with Spirit, or what we know today as mediumship.

So as soon as my friend and I arrived, I felt this heavy energy all around me and started channeling my grandmother. I had never been able to have a conversation with her in life–by the time I was born, she had had a series of strokes, was bedridden and had lost her ability to speak. I feel that as a loss in my life, and indeed, I felt a sense of choking, and my chest was heavy as I awaited meeting with the medium.

But here she was talking to me plain as day, about my mother, and how she grew up, and the conflict between her and her siblings (my mom is youngest of 6 – and is 99 now!). Things my mother has never even talked about.

Finally, once I went in to meet with the medium, my father came through. I have talked to him often–but then he and my grandmother both began to interact through the medium. (I got the sense that my dad was “with” my grandmother–not sure how else to refer to this). They reported things that no one else could have known and that I verified afterwards with my mom (not telling her how I knew them, though–my mother would have censored the very idea!)

Anyway, later, my friend and I went for a walk to a congregational clearing in the forest, set up for services. There is a place they call the Stump, that mediums come to “preach”. It’s beautiful. They don’t stand atop the tree anymore because the Stump was being destroyed from wear, but the energy there is still strong. I took a photo with my phone, and saw a line of orbs in the photo. I took another and another–the orbs were getting stronger and larger. My friend took a picture of the same space with her phone and there were no orbs. Then we traded – my photos with her camera also showed orbs. Hers with my camera did not. It was puzzling.

A group of women also visiting came to the Stump, and we asked if any of them was a medium. One woman was–I showed her what my phone had captured–without sharing any of thecontext, story or explanation–just asking what she saw. She immediately said, “Oh, that’s grandmother energy!” I then shared my experience channeling my grandmother, and she acknowledged it was coming through in the orbs. I then asked her name. She said, “My name is Angie.” Reflexively, in a kind of knee-jerk response, I blurted, “Angie, you are my angel.” She looked at me oddly, and said, “My mother used to tell me that all the time.” She seemed to know it was her mother’s energy win that reply.

My understanding of this experience is that we all are privy to these experiences at any time if we open our senses to the possibility that reality is nonmaterial, and outside of all space and time, and where our attention goes, the energy flows.

And what a miraculous gift to access that awareness!

• #5359 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Dear @robin , thank you for sharing your story, I think it’s so awesome that we can talk about these things here, that we can affirm how normal such experiences are and shake off the conditioning of impossibility so many of us have been raised with.

I’m glad that the new @mention function on the forum works well, just remember that you need to use the name the person has registered with (the name under their profile picture), so not @angie but @angela and not @Aurora but @aurora-carlson will work 🙂 I’m so glad that we can let each other know when there are related discussions or when we think someone will appreciate a topic or has something to contribute!

Correction: To know the correct name to tag you need to hover over the person’s profile and look at the URL. The last part of the URL is the mention name, it is the user name the member has registered with. For me it is @aurorac . Will soon add topics with info about these things in the Support section, thanks for helping me figure out how this new plugin works!

• #5525 Score: 1

Elan
    Participant
    9 votes
    @elan

What a powerful thread this is.
    I have read many many hundreds of books on past lives and between lives elements that this seems like an “old friend”
    The new website here and forum are incredible for so many reasons…

Thanks here for evolving new ways to actually keep this group together so we dont drift into life’s spectrum of actions and
    do actually get group reminders to participate

Michael newtons books on Life between lives is quite revealing as well.
    I am at
    https://www.facebook.com/elan.star
    and [email protected] as well as 15 other address..so please remind me occassionally to check in
    This new book site is a work of art..so much potential.

• #5539 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

A warm welcome to the YATU forum Elan! 🙂 How wonderful that you are enjoying it. Looking forward to your contributions!

• #5542 Score: 1

JeannieB
    Participant
    4 votes
    @jeannieb

Good morning all.
    I must have inadvertently posted a query on the wrong forum page. I was wondering how the sense of deja vu fits into this train of thought, as it were. I’ve had many past life regression sessions and way too many experiences of deja vu. Is this recycled cosmic consciousness of my qualia or some sort of premonition finally witnessed?

Thanks.

JeannieB

• #5543 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
      Keymaster
      110 votes
      @aurorac

Good morning JeannieB, welcome to the forum! 🙂
      You have posted your question in the perfect place, I found it HERE and I’m sure the authors will soon answer. It does take some time as there are lots of questions being asked.
      But it’s wonderful that you decided to interact on other threads too, there are so many angles to any question and I am sure that dialogue with other members enriches everyone!

• #6206 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear @angela , thank you for your question! I have answered in Readers Ask: What Is Your View on Reincarnation?

Love,
    Deepak

• #6586 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear @jennieb:

You state:

“I was wondering how the sense of deja vu fits into this train of thought, as it were. I’ve had many past life regression sessions and way too many experiences of deja vu. Is this recycled cosmic consciousness of my qualia or some sort of premonition finally witnessed?”

Maybe both, depending on what you “saw”. In any case, these may be past impressions, some quite powerful, appearing as visions of places and events, as it were.

Love and blessings,

Menas

• #6924 Score: 0

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

The whole issue of reincarnation goes beyond theory, into direct experience. In the end, one can experience what appear as “past, familiar” places or even persons. Since Reality has infinite forms, we may be tapping to multi-dimensional sub-realities; or we may be accessing our own “past”. But we may be also accessing our “future”. Because, after all, time is not liner from the past to the future in a multi-dimensional universe. Since You Are the Universe, make your choices and follow them, see where they lead.

Love and respect,

Menas

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X