Return to Pure Being

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  bethmaks58 4 months ago.

• Author

JenniferL
    Participant
    89 votes
    @jenniferl

I saw from a nothingness, sprang life. And the moment of life brought it’s reflection, death; the form and it’s demise. Once I came from thee, how do I find my way back into the bosom of pure awareness?

This post has received 2 votes up.
  • #4616 Score: 1

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

love!

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #4618 Score: 2

Sree
    Participant
    22 votes
    @sree

Very nice, JenniferL!

Paradoxically, nothingness is actually ‘everythingness’ (just like bosom is actually plural), which is why life can spring from it.

This post has received 2 votes up.
  • #4755 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear Jennifer, thank you for your beautiful question! I have answered it HERE.

Love,
    Deepak

• #4853 Score: 1

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Dear Deepak,

Thanks again! Another synchronous response!

You said that the opposite of life isn’t death, it’s birth. Another Teacher once reminded me of this saying that birth is death to us. I believe she may have said this because we forget and are then born anew, in some sense. Though we may realize on a higher turn of the spiral we were neither birth nor death, as you were saying.

Love,
      Jennifer <3

• #4900 Score: 0

Lindsay Briner
    17 votes
    @lindzyb

Wow very powerful to think that the opposite of life is birth! As if death is the beginning of something new. I like how Deepak always describes death happening in each moment, where only the present moment exists. We are not the same person we were 1 week ago, 1 hour ago, or even 5 minutes ago! This is similar to some new physics coming out over the last few years suggesting that the big bang was not just ONE big bang, but actually the big bang is happening in every moment at the Planck scale of quantum physics. Though even that is just a mere observation existing within consciousness as Deepak would probably say! 😉

• #4943 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Hi Lindsay!

The little deaths in each moment Dr. Chopra mentions remind me of death pertaining to the personality, as the vehicle of expression and not a symbol of the true self. Some say this is our little self in the three world’s of man – physical, emotional, and mental, and in some working in unison to comprise the unified personality vehicle. It is beyond this vehicle we find our immortal nature.

Thanks for your reply! Inspired! <3

Love,
      Jennifer

• #4944 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

One of the things I’ve been thinking about more lately is the journey to pure awareness…I think of pure awareness as a state of total acceptance of the self, as self-aware and all inclusive, and the joyful being which comes from that. Yet, we’re not static beings. This is a process and is it ever over?

The moment of pure awareness…perhaps, being a state of awareness through to a completion of a cycle of Being…includes the mundane. Does God drink coffee?

Having my cuppa!

Love,
      Jennifer

• #4969 Score: 1

Lindsay Briner
    17 votes
    @lindzyb

Hi Jennifer,

Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing 🙂

I like your description of pure consciousness. I am currently writing in my PhD coursework on the difference between self-actualization and self-transcendence in Abraham Maslow’s motivational hierarchy of needs model. Where a self-actualized person is fully aware and living in one’s core identity in a state of joyful flow. Then, when a person transitions into self-transcendence, they become realized to the interconnectedness of all life much beyond the self and into the entire universe — the ego identity is dismantled. The term self-transcendence is similar to what the Transcendental Meditation community refers to as pure consciousness, which is what you comment reminded me of in the first place,

“Pure consciousness is “pure” in the sense that it is free from the processes and contents of knowing. It is a state of “consciousness” in that the knower is conscious through the experience, and can, afterwards, describe it. The “content” of pure consciousness is self-awareness. In contrast, the contents of normal waking experiences are outer objects or inner thoughts and feelings. Pure consciousness is a direct experience of the natural structure of human experience.”

I believe these states of pure consciousness and transcendence is what Deepak means when he says nonlocal.

Much Love,
    Lindsay

• #4975 Score: 0

JenniferL
      Participant
      89 votes
      @jenniferl

Hi Lindsay,

Here is a little peak at how I break this down for Spiritual Science to take effect and what comes through…these are my notes, obviously. I’m very excited for you about your research! My comments are in italics. Let me know if this works.

Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing 🙂

You’re welcome! I enjoy it! Thank you for participating with me in this wonderful journey. I really appreciate your shared research…the stuff of which I base my work around!

I like your description of pure consciousness.
      I am currently writing in my PhD coursework (:))
      on the difference between
      self-actualization
      and self-transcendence
      in Abraham Maslow’s motivational hierarchy of needs model.

All knowledge is given to us according to the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. In Alice Bailey’s work, this is revised in the book, Light of the Soul – one of the primary text I’ve worked with over the years.

Where a self-actualized person
      is fully aware and

Isn’t it our natural state of being outside time/space, where we experience limited awareness? This is where we want to be acting as if to engage the higher laws to be doing this work.

living in one’s core identity
      in a state of joyful flow.

This is what I’ve learned, so far, is called Group Work – where we get to the point in our awareness where we can actualize the self in manifestation…Dr. Chopra talked about the research on “emergence” and gives us more insight in one of his live videos posted on Facebook, February 3, 2017:

How Cosmic. consciousness behaves. What is Creative Interactivity ?
      Click Here
      Then,
      when a person transitions
      into self-transcendence,
      they become realized
      to the interconnectedness of all life
      much beyond the self

Isn’t it the Self in actualized form?

and into the entire universe

Isn’t the universe still a form limited to the Universal structure?

— the ego identity is dismantled.

Isn’t the ego identity included by a greater law…in other words, assimilated into the greater cycles of awareness and therefore becomes the automaton to this awareness; whereby, a lesser law is superseded (gone but not forgotten). In other words, nothing is outside God’s net. We let go so that the “lesser forms” can fall into their rightful place…This reminds me of “choiceless awareness” I hear Dr. Chopra mention upon occasion.

The term self-transcendence is
      similar to what the Transcendental Meditation community refers to as pure consciousness,
      which is what your comment reminded me of in the first place,

“Pure consciousness is “pure”

In other words, do you mean free from the limitations of the past self, brought to us in the form of our personality and circumstances apparent to us?

in the sense that it is free
      from the processes and contents of knowing.

From what I remember, levels beyond knowing include understanding, forgiveness, compassion, etc.

It is a state of “consciousness”

Pure state of being goes beyond consciousness to the formless being which is where it all began. Though, there is no beginning and no end…so that in the awareness of Oneness, every point of awareness is That….no matter where, who, what, why, when you are.

in that the knower is conscious
      through the experience,
      and can, afterwards,
      describe it.

The description part of it is a process of attainment, where we demonstrate our realization through to the point of completion, completing a cycle of awareness (the purpose of getting to the know the self), so that we graduate to move on to the next cycle or level of awareness.

The “content”
      of pure consciousness
      is self-awareness.

In contrast,
      the contents of normal waking experiences
      are outer objects or inner thoughts and feelings.

Pure consciousness is
      a direct experience

I like how you say it here, and I think “direct” also implies a level of awareness, namely the Monadic experience, which is along the path to pure consciousness, which we haven’t arrived at yet.

of the natural structure
      of human experience.”

In other words, what is the meaning behind it, remembering there are at least 7 levels of meaning behind every form corresponding to the stages of awareness we’re mentioning here.

I believe
      these states of pure consciousness
      and transcendence
      is what Deepak means when he says <3
      nonlocal.

Not necessarily, so far as I can see, because we have that at the Soul level of awareness. I’ve also heard “soul” interchanged with “coherent” and “quantum,” which is the vehicle on a higher turn of the spiral for an even greater conscious entity – Shambala or Monadic energy – also called “spirit” – working as a unified soul-infused personality.

Just some of my insights for you to ponder and a little sampling of how I do the Work. I think it would be amazing to attain a Ph.D. in consciousness and spirituality. Great corresponding with you! Let’s keep it going.

Much Love,
      Jennifer

• #8971 Score: 0

blakeadam
    Participant
    @blakeadam

Steinco Industrial Solutions, Inc. is a wholesale supplier of metal framing products from Unistrut and a leading supplier of industrial products. Formerly Ron-San Products, Inc., Steinco has over 30 years of experience in the industrial market. Steinco can take projects from design thru installation and offers complete turn-key installations.

• #9116 Score: 0

marksjacob242
    Participant
    @marksjacob242

Green Power Forklift Batteries is an industrial forklift battery company that reconditions lead-acid forklift batteries, giving its customers the environmentally friendly and economically sound choice for reliable power solutions. By using a unique 18-stage renovation process together with more than 12 years of experience, Green Power Forklift Batteries can restore lost capacity and extend the functional lifespan of industrial lead-acid forklift batteries, enabling its customer’s forklift batteries to operate at their optimal capacity for up to twice their life span with reduced equipment maintenance costs.

• #9187 Score: 0

bethmaks58
    Participant
    @bethmaks58

Weber’s Golden Retrievers owned by Susan Weber has been active in the love of AKC purebred golden retrievers for over 33 years. Temperament, health, and confirmation have been our highest priority. Our golden retrievers are stocky and densely boned. We are a PA state-licensed and inspected canine breeding kennel located in a country setting in Enon Valley, PA.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X