Solipsism And Co-Creators

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Menas Kafatos 4 years ago.

• Author

Psychedelicacy
    Participant
    13 votes
    @psychedelicacy

How are you convinced that there’s any co-creators outside of/besides you? What if you’re the only being creating? What makes you so sure there’s any souls outside your soul? This goes for the world/cosmos too, you don’t know if there’s an external outside reality independent of your soul/consciousness. So, how can I take comfort in knowing for certainty that I’m not 100% alone, at the most cosmic scale/level.

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #5658 Score: 0

Aurora Carlson
    Keymaster
    110 votes
    @aurorac

Dear Psychedelicacy, thank you for the question, I am looking forward to responses from the authors and the community! This question has been filed, but for further questions, please read the note below.

Note to all YATU members! 🙂
    We have a new system for submitting questions to the authors! We ask everyone to include the tag @question in their text from now on if they wish to file their question for submission to the authors. More info in our Support and Announcements forum: How to Submit a Question to the Authors

Thank you!

• #6271 Score: 0

Deepak Chopra
    60 votes
    @deepakchopra

Dear Psychedelicacy, thank you for your question! I have answered in Readers Ask: Does “I Am the Universe” Imply Solipsism?

Love,
    Deepak

• #6352 Score: 1

Menas Kafatos
    41 votes
    @menask

Dear Psychedelicacy:

For your Question “How are you convinced that there’s any co-creators outside of/besides you? What if you’re the only being creating? What makes you so sure there’s any souls outside your soul? This goes for the world/cosmos too, you don’t know if there’s an external outside reality independent of your soul/consciousness. So, how can I take comfort in knowing for certainty that I’m not 100% alone, at the most cosmic scale/level”.

All observers/all actors are ultimately one. The “you” and “I” are relative in the world of experience of space-time. Ultimately, there is only One. We are not promoting solipsism, we are saying that the world as utlimately being separate from underlying conscious Awareness does not exist. But as experience, in space-time, it does exist. This is the point of complementarity.

Best,

Menas

This post has received 1 vote up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X